[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sgt Pepper and Magical Mysteries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Magical_Mystery_Tour.jpg (143 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
Magical_Mystery_Tour.jpg
143 KB, 500x502
While Sgt Pepper is a great cohesive album, Magical Mystery Tour has better songs.

If they moved Strawberry Fields and Walrus to Sgt Pepper, it would be unstoppable.
>>
Both albums are fine just as they are. No need to move songs from one album to the next.
>>
>>60619517
>>60619573
>Strawberry Fields was going to be on Sgt. Pepper but George Martin convinced them to leave it off to do the double A single w/Penny Lane

I believe he said it was his greatest mistake he caused for their careers
>>
>>60619573
this

MMT is more trippy than Sgt pepper imo

MMT is the album where every Beatle had taken acid, Paul was the last one and that was AFTER Sgt pepper came out

You can hear it in the music, it's more bizarre and challenging, more fantastic
>>
>>60619602
Who cares what he said or thinks, strawberry fields forever is much too titanic of a song, when Sgt pepper already closes with a day in the life.
>>
File: 1440031222758.png (321 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1440031222758.png
321 KB, 431x450
>>60619517
>>
It doesn't help that MMT was literally an EP that had to be expanded to a full LP, thus a lot of filler tracks

Baby you're a rich man is probably the most forgettable song ever. half the time I'm surprised when it even comes on.

>Good MMT tracks
Fool on the Hill
Blue Jay Way
Flying
Walrus
Strawberry Fields
Hello Goodbye/All You need is love (basically the same song)
>>
File: Bo1k0GhCUAEvSnO.jpg (24 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
Bo1k0GhCUAEvSnO.jpg
24 KB, 475x475
>>60619673
>basically the same song
>>
>>60619673
sure baby your a rich man isn't the best, but I think it's pretty catchy and memorable. maybe I'm just biased though because MMT was the first album I ever bought
>>
Which version of Strawberry fields do you like better?
The original mellow version or the loud brassy version?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BspU7X7-c9w
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTfHcghy1es
>>
>>60619602
The same goes for songs like It's Only a Northern Song, and It's All Too Much. Just imagine how different Sgt Peppers would've been if those songs had been included back then.

>>60619618
I agree that MMT is one of their most psychedelic albums, and most certainly one of my favorites, but Paul actually took acid during the recording of Sgt Pepper NOT afterwards. He was, however, the last one to try it.

>>60619673
Fun fact: The version of Baby You're a Rich Man that appears on the German version of MMT (And the British stereo cassette version) is totally different than the version released anywhere else.
>>
perfect tracklist would be

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
With A Little Help From My Friends
Fixing A Hole
The fool on the hill
When I'm Sixty-Four
Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
Flying

Blue Jay Way
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Strawberry Fields Forever
I am the Walrus
Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (reprise)
A Day in the Life
>>
>>60619790
He took it after he was already through half the album... Sgt pepper has psych ideas in it but it is more or less a baroque pop rock album, whereas MMT is straight up psych pop
>>
>>60619903
Well, everybody knows Sgt Peppers was basically supposed to be a tribute to Pet Sounds to begin with.........
>>
>>60619927
I'm just saying he took acid in March, and the Sgt pepper idea was almost done. MMT has every member including rings and George making drug songs

On Sgt pepper only John was making trippy shit. Pauls is more artsy, just like on revolver too
>>
>>60619746
i like the original mellow version. It seems more dreamy imo
>>
>>60619746
original by far
>>
File: for what purpose.jpg (25 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
for what purpose.jpg
25 KB, 323x454
>>60619811
No Within You Without You
>>
>>60619673
>no Penny Lane
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.