[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
been using virtual piano for some time and decided to just learn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ALE Q88-Large.jpg (13 KB, 569x103) Image search: [Google]
ALE Q88-Large.jpg
13 KB, 569x103
been using virtual piano for some time and decided to just learn how to play the piano. Anyone here play the piano? Is 88key a must? Will this suffice for learning on my own with my spare time? or can I get something better for $200 max? Or what other cool mu
>>
Depends what you want to play, im no expert but i can play most pop songs with 66 keyboard
>>
Yes. It's a must. Also make sure the keys are properly weighted. You want as close to a an acoustic piano as possible.
>>
>>60617961

does being good on virtual piano have any benefits for playing piano? I can type over 100wps, so im finding this all incredible, and the satisfaction i get from it i wish to create on a real piano.
>>
>>60618025

*wpm sorry
>>
>>60618025
it has very limited benefits. practicing on a virtual piano helps your hand flexibility but you don't develope any real hand or arm strength. if you want to play chords loud on a real piano, you need your full arms
>>
>>60617995
Mostly this.

I would suppose that you could get away with 66 keys. But 88 is definitely ideal and if you can save just a little more money and get an 88 you will find it is super worth it down the line.

The most important thing imo is feel. Weighting too.
>>
The feel of the keys is more important than the number of them, but having a full 88 is good. At least get 76.
>>
>>60616985
42 is what you want when you start, and something cheap with octave changer. Then you upgrade, or else you'll be wasting all those other keys.
>>
>>60619153
sorry, 49
>>
>>60618025
Just creatively, or teorethically, but agility comes only by practicing in a real piano.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.