[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which is the best of the last 5 years? https://youtu.be/1mB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
which is the best of the last 5 years?

https://youtu.be/1mBSOtdOjoc

https://youtu.be/3-rYQRxzaJM

https://youtu.be/RGqcTyLBgUM

https://youtu.be/rckbxdHZTlI
>>
"good":

MBDTF > Teen Dream > GKMC > Halcyon Digest

personally:

Halcyon Digest > GKMC > MBDTF > Teen Dream
>>
Deerhunter has aged well.

Kanye sounds dated as shit.
>>
deerhunter and beach house are both top 2. mbdtf kinda sucked but was also kinda awesome so i'll say it's at 3. gkmc aged terribly since tpab is better than it in every way. sorry kendrick.
>>
Yeezus
>>
neither of those four i assure you
>>
>>60615973
Are you sure? Think about it.
>>
>>60615994
see (correct) ratings:

hd 6/10
ye 1/10
gk 3/10
i dont remember a thing about teen dream, or any beach house release, so it couldnt have been very good either
>>
>>60616066
Wow, those ratings aren't totally biased and inaccurate as fuck, huh? lol I knew you had no answer
>>
>>60615798
None of those are good
>>
File: 1448410812508.gif (758 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1448410812508.gif
758 KB, 625x626
MBDTF won't be remembered over history, his gospel will end this era
>>
GKMC > Halcyon Digest > MBDTF >>>>> Teen Dream
>>
>>60616111
>any rating
>more accurate than another

>any rater
>not biased in some way

get over it senpai, "objectivity" is boring and meaningless

answer for best album of the last 5 years? dunno, probably Exai, among the more hyped ones
>>
>>60616111
also if you or anybody were free of bias everything should be rated the same
>>
MBDTF > Halcyon Digest > Teen Dream > GKMC
>>
>>60616204
I can understand not liking rap or Kanye, but a 1/10? fuck off
>>
>>60616227
no i enjoy rap
but mbdtf is one of the most repulsive albums i have ever heard, sonically and ethically
>>
>>60616246
Ethically? What about that don't you like?
>>
MBDTF > GKMC > TD

Haven't heard HC properly, so imma refrain from judging.
>>
>>60616294
uh lets just say its absolutely spectacular, in that guy debord kinda sense
>>
>>60616339
could you be more vauge Jesus christ
>>
Halcyon Digest live blows these three out of the water even more
>>
I'd have to say MBDTF is the best. While I enjoy or at least tolerate the other albums in that set, MBDTF has a lot more going for it lyrically and thematically, which I consider a factor in determining the quality of an album. I'm alright with albums like HD and TD focusing on relatively simple and straightforward concepts such as love, heartbreak, and depression, but when comparing these albums to albums like MBDTF you have to consider which themes are most relevant to today's society and how well the album presents those themes. I definitely feel that MBDTF is much more relevant and much more important. It has a lot of personality and a lot of focus on West's lifestyle which enhances the quality of the album.
>>
>>60616512
love and depression aren't themes society can relate to?
>>
>>60615798
Barter 6
>>
>>60616636
I never said that those aren't themes that society can relate to. I said that MBDTF's themes of wealth, power, and ego are more relevant given the situation and collective conscience of the nation in the 21st century
>>
>>60615798
>pitchfork shit
>>
>>60616749
Which is stupid because it's not as if those things are specific attributes of just the 21st century...
>>
File: Kanye.and.Mona.Lisa.jpg (173 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
Kanye.and.Mona.Lisa.jpg
173 KB, 700x525
hahah i love kanye
>>
>>60616799
It's not stupid you fucking retard. Love and depression aren't specific attributes of the 21st century either, but the themes that MBDTF deals with are much more complex and culturally relevant than simple love or depression. The themes of MBDTF reflect the conscience of our culture currently and since the 1920s, of a society predisposed to excess and power, and it does this by focusing itself inward on a single person who is thereby the lens for the messages that are presented. What I'm trying to say is that the complexities of its themes and how they are presented definitely give it more of an edge than its contemporaries.

Also as a sub-theme it talks about racial conflict, which is definitely another contemporary event given how many incidents there are between cops and blacks.
>>
ah ring king king ah ring king king ah

martin had a dream... kendrick have a dream
>>
>>60616924
Deerhunter communicates much more complex ideas about life and death, and in a less obnoxious way than Kanye west

no one can related to Kanyes rich people problems
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.