[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Smiths
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: The-Smiths.jpg (734 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The-Smiths.jpg
734 KB, 1920x1080
ITT we talk about how this is the best band in the history modern music and how they don't even have one bad song
>>
that's a Miserable Lie
>>
>>60609158
i just dont get people who think their music is sad. their music was my go to jolly music for a long time then one day i found out that people thought their music was sad and i was like wtf?
>>
>>60609334
Well, there are some sad song, and lyrical subject is often depressive. It doesn't change the fact that I start to dance whenever I listen to them.
>>
>>60609158
actually they have plenty of straight up shit tracks
>>
>>60609288
Bigmouth Strikes Again
>>
File: 1424772926590.jpg (85 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
1424772926590.jpg
85 KB, 466x700
>>60609158
ITT teenagers and emotionally underdeveloped adults.
>>
the smiths have so much replay value. you can listen to them for 10 years and they stay good
>>
>>60609515
>itt grown adult posts meme pictures on anime forum
>>
>>60609158
I agree, I also think Morrissey didn't release a bad song before the turn of the century, though he made some just ok ones.
>>
>>60609158
same old thing in brand new drag
>>
>>60609408
>lyrical subject is often depressive

This isn't true. Morrissey currently talks about feeling bad in order to POKE FUN at feeling bad, which people often don't realize because they're so desperate to relate. Many of his songs are entirely self conscious.

Not to mention that Morrissey also talks about the school system, the royal family, the meat industry (famously), the very people that influenced him, the music industry (on The Boy With The Thorn In His Side most notably, which a lot of people miss), and even famous murders, amongst many other subjects.

To say The Smiths make "depressive songs" is to sell them ridiculously short.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.