[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tyler responds to Cherry Bomb criticism in new Rolling Stone interview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1035x690-42-77366940.jpg (91 KB, 484x624) Image search: [Google]
1035x690-42-77366940.jpg
91 KB, 484x624
"Critics don't fucking matter," he says. "Give me any of those writers and I'll give them fucking $500,000 and tell them to make an album and see what the fuck they come up with. They wish they had the fucking talent I have or the vision I have. 'Get off my fucking dick, bro.'"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/idol-worship-two-days-on-tour-with-tyler-the-creator-20151123
>>
>>60605809
>wah wah
>>
>>60605809
Get off my fucking dick, bro.
>>
kek hes just pissed his album was a flop.
>>
>>60605809
SALEM LIKES ME BETTER
>>
he's right, he just expressed it in the most idiotic way possible.
music criticism is one of the most bullshit forms of "journalism" there is.
I don't like Tyler or Cherry Bomb but he's correct, what right do these people have to criticize a craft in which they do not partake?
>>
>24 year old man
>dancing like an idiot besides giant building blocks and wearing bright colored clothes

Tyler and his entire fanbase of manchildren are all disgusting human beings, especially if they consider the shit he makes "music". Absolutely atrocious and just edgy to be edgy. He needs to grow up. Critics hated it for a reason, it was awful and it had no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>60605869
get off his dick bro
>>
>>60605871
>agreeing with critics
You probably mean to post here >>>/b/
>>
>>60605869

That's their job, anon. They critique music and a good portion of them actually know the music industry and how music works etc so they're qualified to critique certain artists work and give them their opinion on the positives and negatives. Some can be harsh/soft but in the end it's their opinion.

Cherry Bomb wasn't even all bad reviews, but it was mixed because even though it showed some potential in some areas (Smuckers, Fucking Young) he overdid some weird experimental decisions that just didn't work and the mixing especially ruined a good portion of many people's enjoyment. Lyrically it was pretty lazy too. The 'Find your wings' concept felt too forced and overall it was mostly forgettable.
>>
>>60605893

Go back to Reddit, child. I listen to actual music such as Bach, Seal, and Genesis. I don't have time for such tomfoolery. Your music taste is a shamble.
>>
>>60605809
He's right though. If you care about music critics in 2015 you must be pretty retarded.
>>
>>60605903
Another pretentious way to say,

"I don't have the talent and skills to make music".
>>
"They wish they had the fucking talent I have or the vision I have"

>Bitch, cut the crap like dyke booty when they scissor

>Rape a pregnant bitch and tell my friends I had a threesome

>Pop the pop corn, the thought to rape you really turns me on

>I'm a fuckin unicorn

>I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins, sicker than starving Nigerian kids barfing

>The closest that I got is when I'm poking her on Facebook

>Yeah they heard I'm fuckin' nuts like the swag of a fag

>Kill People Burn Shit Fuck School, I'm fucking radical nigger I'm fucking radical

>Here, take a goddamn picture/And tell Spike Lee he's a goddamn nigger

>Fucking sick and getting bigger like I sneezed on Adele

>Dad isn't your name, see faggot's a little more fitting

>Little RedTube, fuck lotion, I don't need lube. Dryfit suits me, up and down

>Well, lick my dick, how does that sound? Smell my gooch, you could kiss my buns and I don't give a shit, bend my rectum

Such genius. :^)
>>
>>60605871
Your opinion >>>/trash/
>>
>>60605953
damn you, this post was mine *shakes fist*
>>
>>60605893
>>60605964

agreed! im a big odd future fan (wolf gang! lol i love wolves :3) and tyler is a really cool, nice and funny guy i like his style! very creative (lol jus like me to be honest) and hes really cool, i like him! good stuff! wolf is a modern classik
>>
Howdy do, how are you?
>>
>>60605919
oh god I hope I don't ever have to deal with someone like you
>>
>>60605919

fucking kek
>>
>>60605869
>Hurr you shouldn't be a music critic if you can't make music yourself
You can't actually be this retarded, right?
>>
>>60605940
>implying you need to be a successful musician to be a critic
you realize most critics have at least dabbled in making music? You don't just become a music critic because you have a journalism degree
>>
>>60605903
thank you for being the only person in this thread who isn't a idiot.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.