[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We Share our favorite album, and give honest opinions and constructive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: opiate.gif (72 KB, 333x338) Image search: [Google]
opiate.gif
72 KB, 333x338
We Share our favorite album, and give honest opinions and constructive criticism.

>Pic related
>>
>>60603376
lel senpai
>>
Not bait, opiate is actually really good
>>
File: 1443153313712.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1443153313712.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>favorite album
>posts an EP
>>
>>60603376
Unlike most of /mu/, I think Tool are a great band and it's cool that you like them. However, Opiate is literal dogshit compared to their other releases.
>>
>>60604351
That title track though...
>>
File: imgres.jpg (8 KB, 160x159) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
8 KB, 160x159
>>60603376
soft rock drone fest tbhlad
>>
>>60603376
i like aenima more
>>
>>60604383
Is probably the cringiest thing they've ever done, lyrically. Musically it's half-decent I guess.
>>
File: PIX095LP[1].jpg (563 KB, 879x876) Image search: [Google]
PIX095LP[1].jpg
563 KB, 879x876
Live the Dream means the world to me. I was a fan of pat before he went into rehab, but when he put this out it just hit me real hard. I'd moved, lost a friend, lost family, lost almost everything at one point, and it just meant so much to me. The small town I lived in at the time was filled with musicians and hipsters that all had turntables, and by the time I left everyone had a copy of it, even though no one had seemingly even heard of pat before I moved there. I didn't even try, it just spread organically. I have several friends that can almost every song acoustically and even more that know all the words still. We would drink and sing this shit all night. Its just...the most intimate I've ever been with any music honestly.

And to this day, I still wished I'd written the last couplet. Its just so damn perfect to me, and summarizes pretty much how I feel about life, religion and people in general.

So maybe god isn't the right word,
but I believe in you.
>>
>>60604498
I love Live the Dream. Such a shame that Who Are Your Friends Gonna Be was so shit.
>>
>>60604509
well im biased because again, I'm a fan of Pat in general. but the only thing wrong with it to me is the mixing/production, which yeah isn't great. the songs are fucking amazing though, esp live.

which brings me to the sad point that they announced the other day that they won't be touring again. ever, apparently. they have one more album planned but thats it. sad days.
>>
>>60604498
10/10 album desu
>>
>>60603376
>honest opinions and constructive criticism.
>/mu/
Pick one
>>
>>60604554
> they won't be touring again. ever, apparently.
Not unexpected. I think Pat's pretty tired of the whole music game. He just wants to tinker with garage band and throw out 4-track EPs on bandcamp and forget that he has fans.
>>
>>60604652
yeah but he still tours a good bit solo. i've seen him solo more times than I've seen them together at this point. i don't think hes ever going to be done, but yeah I dont think hes much for bands anymore. i mean, given his track record no its not really unexpected at all. still sad though.

the good news is that Endless Mike are putting out a new album next year and touring, so hopefully I finally be able to see them with Pat at some point.
>>
>>60603376
Its not Undertow
>>
>>60604328
this
>>
File: FP.jpg (28 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
FP.jpg
28 KB, 355x355
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.