[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this? (Taken from RYM)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 750x658) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 750x658
What is this? (Taken from RYM)
>>
>>60601330
read it you moron
>>
>>60601369
I mean who's idea was this and is it replacing the normal RYM, what's changing, etc

It leaves a lot of unanswered questions so fuck you man
>>
>>60601384
Check the fucking link if you want to know whats going on you brain dead retard
>>
>>60601384
read it you
moron
>>
>>60601330
It's an idiotic, fedora-tier relaunch of RYM. The name alone would be enough to completely kill the site if it happens.
>>
>>60601617
The name is shit, but an update to the site is definitely needed
>>
So now they're inviting /v/, as if the site wasn't autistic enough?
>>
Do I have to log all my albums/movies again?
>>
>>60601836
i fucking hope not
>>
>>60601836
>>60601848
>confirmed illiterate
>>
>>60601744
>an update to the site is definitely needed

It really doesn't need an update though, RYM is the last bastion of anti-facebook websites.

If there's a redesign you'll instantly see a significant drop in the average user content quality as new users (mostly plebs attracted to the new facebook layout) will be signing up in droves.
>>
>>60602689
Oh no! More peoole will sign up which will accurately reflect the opinions of certain albums! What a fucking tragedy!!!!! It's like different people have different opinions and my "enlightened" opinions from spending hours on an anonymous message board don't matter!! Honestly you're a pathetic sack of worthless fucking garbage
>>
>>60602689
If you think anyone, especially "normies", are attracted to a website because of its interface then you are legitimately delusional and out-of-touch.
>>
loren connors
>>
>>60601384
click the fucking link, moron

it can't be more obvious
>>
>>60602689
Or, you know, the functionality of the website will be greatly improved, as they are adding great features that will improve custom charts and album searches. And if you think RYM is a "bastion of anti-facebook" then you don't know what you're talking about because there's plenty of avant-teens on the website who are just there to show how unique and quirky they are instead of meaningfully contributing to the site. I have to assume that the people who are against this campaign are braindead morons whom I have no qualms against them leaving the site. Yeah, the name kinda sucks, but everything else is a massive improvement.
>>
>>60602904
I hope they add that feature where you can look for secondary genres w/ primary genres
>>
>>60602926
They are. Just read the campaign page.
>>
>>60602941
cool, I've been waiting for that shit for years
>>
>that name
>those fucking logos

For what reason?
>>
>>60602957
corporate shilling
>>
>>60602957
Why not?
>>
It's last.fm all over again, fuck
>>
>>60602952
Me too, anon. Me too.

I'm so giddy for all the obscure releases I might discover from this, because they are adding a lot of search filters, like amount of ratings.
>>
>>60602980
Not remotely true, how about you fucking reading their campaign?
>>
>>60602869
good rec
>>
File: 54545454545454.jpg (52 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
54545454545454.jpg
52 KB, 500x375
>>60602968
>>60602979
>>
The name is taken from a Brian Eno quote. Don't know if that helps accepting it.
>>
>>60602989
I always wanted to have a look at the albums I missed with an Acid-Rock secondary, and now finally I shall have it
>>
>>60602990
go away rym shill
>>
I thought Glitchwave was a musical genre in itself
>>
They think about including scrobbling as a stretch goal. That could be our new lastfm guys!
>>
>>60602689
>mostly plebs attracted to the new facebook layout) will be signing up in droves.
this WOULD BE ULTRA AWSOME
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.