[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about 360?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 1
File: 360-Rolling-Stone-Cover.jpg (101 KB, 600x816) Image search: [Google]
360-Rolling-Stone-Cover.jpg
101 KB, 600x816
What does /mu/ think about 360?
>>
I still face the same position moron
>>
jesus fucking christ i hate hip-hop
>>
The Last Bee Gee

that's pretty bad
>>
Australian hip hop is the only objectively bad genre.

t. Australian
>>
>>60600046
underrated post
>>
>>60600065
Aussie hip hop has some great sampling and chill production in general. The flow sounds smooth and chill with the aussie accent as well.

Pity no one in Australia can actually rap though and the scene has only gotten more cancerous over the years.
>>
>>60600425
Bliss n Eso are the most acceptable rappers
>>
i have no idea who this is and i don't want to find out
>>
>>60600065
Swedish hip hop is pretty terrible too
>>
>>60600425
>The flow sounds smooth and chill with the aussie accent as well

NUP you couldn't be more wrong
>>
>>60600038
>staring down the haters

Fucking kill me
>>
>>60600474
>yung lean
>bad
pick one
>>
>>60600438
I would listen to instrumental Bliss n Eso.
>>
>>60600038
>white rapper

only white rapper i dont refuse to listen to is eminem and yung lean. all others are hot garbage senpai.
>>
>>60600932
you listen to the two worst white rappers of all time
>>
>>60600945
>eminem
>one worst

haha ok
>>
>>60600038
I've never heard of him but he's on the cover of RS, he's seemingly trying to pull that tired-ass, was-never-actually-cool "prettyboy badass" bullshit in 20-fucking-15, and the headline of his feature (?) unironically uses the word "haters", so I'm going to assume he's an absolute, 100% bona-fide fuccboi and b-list "edgy" manufactured """indie""" act aimed to appeal to people who go see every Marvel movie and dress in DC and FOX clothes with Sketchers and shit
>>
into the trashbin (rubbish bni)
>>
>>60600974
Eminem has never made good music and his "golden" era is only looked positively on by retards who can't take off their nostalgia goggles

in his "prime" he made vapid shock value trash with awful production ("production" meaning both beat selection and mixing/audio engineering) and abysmal songwriting, with the end result being stupid-ass novelty music

fuck Eminem
>>
>>60601051
ya nah. nice try tho.
>>
>>60601060
you know absolutely nothing about hip hop

even disregarding opinions of the music itself, Eminem's "prime" material -sounds- awful. Everything is so flat and cheap sounding, like it's being performed on a fucking public access TV antique show. To be fair to him though, this was a HUGE problem with shitty pop/hip hop in general in the early 2000s, and was in no way exclusive to Eminem; the fact that the music itself was fucking awful merely compounded the issue.
>>
>>60601022
dubs confirm 360 btfo
>>
>>60601084
if you think eminem is one of the worst rappers ever you dont know anything about hip hop buddy.
>>
>>60601137
You are reading comprehension is shit
>>
>>60600438
>>60600768
this desu, I think their beats are better than the majority of trap-influenced bullshit I hear in hip-hop atm. They still can't rap lmao.

Also, does anyone else think the biggest problem with Aussie hip hop is the whole scene takes itself too seriously? Like no one in the scene realises how ridiculous the whole concept of Australian hip hop fundamentally is. If there were an Australian Yung Lean I'd listen to the shit out of that.
>>
>>60601184
seth sentry is the closest your gonna get
>>
>>60601084
Eminem as far as story telling, internals, multis, rhyme schemes, flow ect. are all good to great.

His folly is his inability to write songs and if it isn't that he fails on the mixing and production side.

There's a reason why Hopsin (before he became a preachy faggot) initially was compared to em and that's why.
>>
>>60600038
>Australian hip hop

Literally the worst, most cancerous piece of shit music ever made. There is maybe one exception in Mantra who has the virtue of being mediocre instead of painfully, embarrassingly awful. Seriously makes me consider migrating tbqh family
>>
>>60600932
>he doesn't listen to
>Beastie Boys
>Aesop Rock
>El-P
>Eyedea
>Atmosphere

You seem uneducated when it comes to hip hop. Please go listen to Paul's Boutique then come back.
>>
>>60601196
he's a fantastic technical rapper but has never had jack shit worth saying and can't make decent music to save his life

he is to hip hop what tasteless shredder faggot teens are to guitar music
>>
>>60601222
>not mentioning lil ugly mane
>better than half of that list

le maymay rap m i rit :^)
>>
>>60600038
literally who?
>>
>>60601240
he's better than everyone on that list, by far
>>
>>60601240
>lil ugly meme
>not meme rap

ultimate meme
>>
>>60600038
360 is trash
>>60600425
>>60601184
this shit aint bad either, prod. by kevin parker
https://soundcloud.com/koi-child/black-panda-single
>>
>>60601257
El-P is about equal, maybe slightly under him

I'm hesitant to outright say he's better than the Beastie Boys solely because of how monumentally influential they are, but his music is definitely a fuck of a lot better and more impressive than them

LUM is genuinely in the running for GOAT and it's hilarious when people on /mu/ dismiss him as "memerap"
>>
>>60601273
you realize "memerap" was just spammed here as shitposting in 2013 to try and ruin hip hop discussion, then a bunch of newfag retards came along and didn't pick up the joke, right

it's not a thing and your opinion is worthless if you say it
>>
>>60601306
>he takes his discussions of rap very seriously
>>
>>60601257
also that list is inherently awful because "le separate category for white rappers" is just about the most idiotic, uninformed, and downright embarrassing thing anyone can mention when discussing hip hop
>>
>>60601322
>person on music board likes music

yeah what a fag right

cancer pls geaux
>>
>>60601222
hope this post is ironic
>>
>>60601327
yea
>>60601289
beastie boys might be influential but their music has the same effect that 80s rap has on me now, in that it just sounds embarrassingly dated. They might have been more pioneering/influential but shouldn't we judge music impartial to it's context? I don't know.
>>
>>60601289
Tbh El-P isn't that great of a rapper, but as a producer he was doing the whole "paranoid, noisy production" thing decades ago when he decided to stop ripping off RZA's style after company flow. He's worked on some of the best rap albums of the 10s, 00s and 90s.

Beastie Boys as rappers again weren't that good (2bf they were being ironically cheesy) but had some of the best uses of sampling on any hip hop album that isn't an instrumental.
>>
>>60600038
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Zi3jWl42Q

CHOKE
>>
>>60600038
Faggot
>>
>>60600038
I used to like him when I was 18. I still think some of his songs are okay. I loved him when he did rap battles.
>>
>>60601379
I don't even like the guy and that was painful to watch
>>
>>60601184
The fact that it's called Australian hip hop speaks wonders. It should just be called hip hop like the entire genre.
>>
>>60601414
The country is only specified because most of the genre is based elsewhere and it's nice to know that it's spreading to lesser parts of the world.
Like Japanese rock, for example. It's basically the same as rock from everywhere else, but you'll see the country mentioned because you don't expect it to come from there.
>>
>>60601431
I guess that's a fair point. But still, it's so rare that I enjoy aussie hip hop. Even on triple j I find myself cringing.
>>
>>60601443
you should probably find yourself cringing listening to triple j no matter what type of music is playing
>>
>>60601443
Triple J has been mainstream cringe for the last 10 years or so. Try RRR instead.
>>
>>60601443
>even
>implying triple j isn't the cringeworthiest, australian radio version of pitchfork ever

you should be embarrassed for listening to triple J ever.
>>
>>60601466
>>60601463
>>60601460
Eh, it has its okay moments. The political angle is terrible though. They cater to SJWs hard. The only reason I listen to it is because I don't have a custom head unit in my car yet.
>>
>>60601443

bruh 90% of triple j is a thin veneer of "indie" to cover mainstream shitty music for basic bitches to get their grind on to; if you're in sydney fbi radio >>>> trip j
>>
>>60601491
I'm in Brisbane mate. I don't know what other options I have.
>>
>>60601499
>Brisbane

Hahaha pingaz.
>>
>>60601499
mate I grew up in wollongong where radio is as shit as you'd imagine, triple j was better than all the rest of the trash, I know that feel when it's the only choice you have :(
>>
>>60601520
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22IfKHVgtGA
>>
>>60601371
i always thought el-p was australian up until i heard c4c
>>
>>60601520
I don't do drugs man.
>>60601529
I have tonnes of music, I just don't have a custom head unit to play it in my car. I don't know how.
>>
absolute shit cunt
>>
>>60601379
Proof he and the rest of aussie """""hip hop""""" is shit
>>
>>60601184
but there is an aussie yung lean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivCb4FFJ3BU
>>
Is there a better Australian hip hop auteur?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhQuGFjkw0A
>>
>>60601099
dubs confirm "dubs confirm 360 btfo"
>>
>>60600046
Kek
>>
whoever said em sucks
end your life familia
>>
>>60600038
this guy looks like an ultimate douche.
>>
>>60601222
>Beasties
>El-P
GOAT

>Atmosphere
Perplexing. Slug's a good writer, but I don't care for him as a rapper. For a white DJ/Rapper duo, I'd have gone with Mars ILL
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.