[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I've become addicted to Vaporwave. What should I do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: nightwalk.jpg (198 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
nightwalk.jpg
198 KB, 700x700
I think I've become addicted to Vaporwave. What should I do?
>>
Post on reddit.
>>
Move on to Future Funk.
>>
start a cassette collection senpai
>>
abandon whatever artistic visions you've ever had and only stick with cliches of 90s computer technology mixed with classical art.

Anyone can make it in vaporwave :):):)
>>
>>60599356
you dont get it bro but its okay a lot of people dont
>>
>>60599391
le nostalgiac futurism. le artistic visions of commercial marketing
>>
File: layers of irony.png (400 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
layers of irony.png
400 KB, 600x600
ascend.
>>
>>60599412
Can't people just enjoy music?
>>
kill yourself.

you vaporwave niggers are seriously the fuckin worst.
>>
I saw a vaporwave themed post reached the front page of reddit the other day, vaporwave is officially deader than fucking dead.
>>
>>60599426
upvote, liked, and subscribed! xD
>>
File: trash.png (358 KB, 398x503) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
358 KB, 398x503
>>60599482
>>
This is the music board, please keep your memes on /b/ thanks.
>>
>>60599426
>"I just want to listen to and enjoy music!!!!1"
then what are you doing here?
>>
>>60599495
I'm just trying to help you get out of a vapid, follow-the-leader, one-dimensional genre of music that will benefit neither you nor anybody else besides like 5 people on earth.
Go listen to Yung Lean.
>>
>>60599457
>had to find out on reddit that a shit genre of music is dead
>goes on reddit
shit was dead the moment it started. from the moment mac+ spammed it's his shitty album here, cunt was already ripping off shit that was years old by more competent artists.

there's no such fucking thing as "proto-vaporwave." there's just those few good albums with a semblance of something interesting and new and then the deluge of vapid, talentless hacks who decided to ruin it shortly after. originators. and then the faggots who couldn't make it in either witch house or seapunk now making shitty house and trap with slowed down j-pop and japanese kanji that they didn't even bother to check for accuracy.

shit was born dead.
>>
>>60599847
We get it. It doesn't appeal to you.
>>
>>60599847
you okay? calm down friend
>>
>>60599847
So what would you call stuff like James Ferraro?
>>
>>60599847
Take a deep breath man
>>
>>60599952
if this shit appeals to you then kill yourself you little stupid ass bitch.
>>
>>60600018
I've never seen vaporwave trigger someone so much.
>>
>>60599985
Plunderphonics, ambient, lo-fi, what-fuckin-ever. not "proto-vaporwave."

You don't call disco "proto-house" music. Don't orient his work around a literal meme. it's just disrespectful.
>>
>>60600066
take a break from the internet bro. you need it, seriously
>>
>>60600066
I never liked the term plunderphonics, it just never seemed very descriptive. At least with the term "vaporwave" you get an idea of what the sounds will be like.
>>
>>60600132
Nice b8 m8
>>
>>60600149
Well, I'm not saying "vaporwave" isn't associated with a lot of derivative, lazy stuff, but I genuinely don't know what to think when I hear "plunderphonics" since a lot of people refer to instrumental hip-hop with that term.
>>
>>60599426
I agree with you faggot, but this is 4chan

you gunna get shit
you're gunna get criticized
>>
>>60599038
who is this cum dumpster
>>
>>60600018
>kill yourself you little stupid ass bitch.
nigga all he's doing is liking a genre of music
why are you so mad?
>>
>>60599977
>>60600015
>>60600054
oh fuck off. i'm literally angry because i remember the relentless mac+, internet club, atarashii new life whatever the fuck, banshee, yung bae, etc. spam. macross is still on this shit and people are just now calling him out for ripping j-pop songs nearly wholesale. it's not even low key and somehow idiots keep falling for this tired ass tumblr-meme aesthetic shit again and again. how many times can we go through this until we're tired of it?

what's worse is that OPN and ferraro were hardly ever mentioned in this shit until just a few years ago despite obviously being the progenitors. maybe because they weren't memed and spammed to death. christ just let it die and kill me too i hate this fucking life wher.
>>
>>60600213
chill out dan. your time to become a meme will come
>>
>>60600186
I don't understand how the word vaporwave gives you any indication of what it will sound like. Plunderphonics is just a term used to describe music that is almost entirely composed of samples.
>>
>>60600238
"Vaporwave" lets you know fairly well what the samples will be of. Kind of a word you want to avoid for its association with the A E S T H E T I C stuff, though, I guess. Really I just don't like the term "plunderphonics." All it means is "sample-based music."
>>
>>60600273
>All it means is "sample-based music."
nigga that's what it is. and if you think it's 80s rnb shit you're wrong. it goes from 70s to 00s and spans various different genres. the only thing that makes it "vaporwave" is the A E S T H E T I C. just like how that's the only thing that separates "future funk" (another stupid term) from french house.
>>
>>60600018
made me lol irl
>>
>>60600305
What I mean is that "plunderphonics" is barely any more descriptive than "electronic music" or "guitar music." At least with "vaporwave" you know it's gonna be some TV commercials from the 80's or some shit and you know exactly what kind of atmosphere they're going to go for because they all have that "NYC Hell 3AM" sound.
>>
>>60600273
Basically what >>60600305 said. You can compare songs by people who were big in plunderphonics like The Avalanches to 'vaporwave' and it's really just the same shit.
>>
>>60600358
I've always seen the Avalanches' single album as pretty much just hip-hop
>>
>>60600375
A lot of their songs have the same jazzy feel to them that you get with vaporwave. The big difference is that vaporwave is rebranded as 'aesthetic'.
>>
>>60600408
Most stuff I've seen labeled as vaporwave doesn't use breaks or anything though. I won't pretend to be an expert on the stuff, but I always that it had more ambient leanings.
>>
>>60600375
It's really hip-hop and house in production style. Given the sheer amount of sampling, you might even call it collage-music.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.