[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1440990846207.png (103 KB, 418x455) Image search: [Google]
1440990846207.png
103 KB, 418x455
Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's 5 new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.

10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Larry "retired BNM godfather" Fitzmaurice?
Craig "Meme Rap" Jenkins?
qt Kim "retired Meal Goddess now at Noisey" Kelly?
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Meaghan "retired trap queen" Garvey?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp?
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?

Will someone dethrone the holy quadrology of Kendrick Lamar/Sufjan Stevens/Jamie xx/Tame "the Instagram of rock bands" Impala's 9.3 for AOTY?

More importantly, will someone dethrone the dynamic duo of Titus Andronicus and Beach House for best 8.1 of the year?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2015 BNM Tally: 44

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member, etc.)
----this is dead now. a hero's ransom to whoever has it and reups----
https://mega.co.nz/#!XMRE1DxS!TLIOznAZL9p54Cdd6BsaiQb-V7RMHMBfGzjmuO0jjJQ
----this is dead now. a hero's ransom to whoever has it and reups----

>Tonight's Top Stories
- Prepare for the Bernie Sanders feature on RTJ3
- It's that time of year: prepare your AOTY lists
-This thread hypes and supports Sunn 0))), Li'l Bub, David Bowie, and the Holy See himself, that's right, Pope Francis.
>>
>>60596619
This is the last thread before Thanksgiving holiday. I am so thankful for everyone that posts here. God bless you all.
>>
Didn't all reviewers get streaming links to Kannon a few weeks back?

8.3 BNM
>>
has pitchfork finally ended their half a decade long bout of bitterness toward m.i.a.? http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/967-how-mia-is-a-lifeline-in-times-of-terror/
>>
Daily reminder that +@ was robbed.
>>
Friendly reminder to donate to the sonemic indiegogo :)
>>
File: Pleasure To Meet You.jpg (296 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Pleasure To Meet You.jpg
296 KB, 960x960
Dead Sara - Pleasure To Meet You 8.3 BNM
>>
daily reminder laurel halo snubbed completely
>>
i'm going to miss you guys over thanksgiving
>>
The album in the last spot will get a 6.8.

Seriously, come back after the reviews are posted and the fifth one will have a 6.8.
>>
>>60597412
DAD
>>
Sophie will get kinda panned, right?

I don't know, they never really talked about any of the new singles, they're trying to ignore PC Music (and related things) now. It's probably going to be something like, "uh YOU KNOW WHATTTT????? MAYBE THIS WASN’T THAT GOOD IN THE FIRST PLACE". Which would be quite disgusting.
>>
Reminder that The King of Limbs was FUCKING robbed
>>
Daily reminder that Kendrick was robbed
>>
>>60597426
what does that mean
>>
>>60597337
seriously? I didn't even know she had a new record.
>>
File: papa.png (58 KB, 581x601) Image search: [Google]
papa.png
58 KB, 581x601
>>60597877
get on twitter, find a celebrity, read replies. always a variation of dad, mom, queen, fuck me daddy, adopt me, etc
>>
>>60596667
Nah, the pitch is just like op-eds i think.
>>
>>60597930
but what does that mean
>>
SOPHIE - PRODUCT
>>
PANNED COURTS
>>
Oh hey look the best jazz album of all time got a 10
>>
NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
John Coltrane 10 BNR
Parquet Courts 4.9 BTFO
Doug Hream Blunt 6.8
Punch Brothers 6.8
Wrekmeister Harmonies 7.8
>>
Have we decided yet which of the 9.3s is gonna get AOTY yet?
>>
happy thanksgiving friends :^)

also, here's that p4k rar (I have no idea why they deleted the original)
https://mega.nz/#!zoQGBCYK!evBav1uwKekImmse6g35z2lRgdGXxxUh8nyVSTyShl0
>>
>>60598250
Thank you for attemping actual discussion instead of reposting memes.

It's gotta be Sufjan or Kendrick, man. If it's Jamie, I'll kill myself. If it's Tame Impala, I'll just slit my wrists a little bit.
>>
>>60597412
looks like youre wrong
>>
>>60598304
I'm tempted to agree, since TPAB and C&L are by far the best of the four choices (nowhere close to AOTY IMO, but I digress), but both belong to artists who have already gotten AOTY from P4K and that makes me skeptical.
>>
>>60598344
Wait, did Illinoise get AoTY? I didn't realize that.

I wouldn't be mad if they gave it to either of those. Who knows, maybe they'll pull a Silent Shout and give it to Joanna
>>
>>60598328
No, it's Pitchfork that's wrong.
>>
>>60598416
Would be funny since it was Joanna who got Silent Shout-ed in the first place. I'm hoping for that now.
>>
>>60598532
Divers was pretty disappointing desu
>>
>>60598532
Oh shit, you're right. I wish it would've gotten an 8.6, then it definitely would be happening.

She deserves it tho for real, I'd so half the songs on the album are among her best work
>>
>>60598294
BASED. thank you

BEACH HOUSE = AOTY
>>
>>60598893
But which one tho?
>>
AOTY will absolutely not be going to Kendrick or Sufjan, both artists who've claimed the top spot in p4k's history. I've been saying this for weeks. Look at 2013, when Kanye's album was in the lead by two decimals, the top spot still went to another p4k darling, Vampire Weekend.

Can anyone think of a p4k darling who released a hugely anticipated album this year, won BNM, and has not claimed AOTY from p4k? Joanna Newsom or Beach House, y'all. Calling it now.

Joanna and Beach House have received 9.4 and 9.1, respectively, and consistently won BNM. Plus with p4k going all leftist sjw, it would help their cause to award AOTY to a female artist.

Does anyone disagree with this impeccable prediction?
>>
>>60599782
I mean that they have received 9.4 and 9.1 in previous years that they hadn't won AOTY, even if this year they only scored 8.5 and 8.4 (and 8.1 which, honestly, I feel would have been higher if not for the fact that Depression Cherry was released only two months before).

In addition, I can also see Father John Misty getting AOTY but I feel like he's too new and not universally adored enough to claim the top spot.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.