[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the noise section in Silver Rocket played live? I.e. not layering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Daydream_Nation_PNG.png (266 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
Daydream_Nation_PNG.png
266 KB, 444x444
Is the noise section in Silver Rocket played live? I.e. not layering up a bunch of separate guitar tracks post-production and/or using loads of digital processing etc.

Because if so I can't imagine how the fuck they did that.
>>
>>60592781
Should say was instead of is. Sonic Youth have been on hiatus for years and will probably never comeback since Thurston and Kim's marriage has fallen apart.
>>
>>60592781
I think so. I could believe 2 guitarists with full pedal-boards could make that sound. It's fucking amazing, though. Could you imagine how cool that would be at live shows if they pulled off. I haven't watched any live stuff of them btw
>>
Yeah it is.

Silver Rocket is the definitive SY song though. It's the perfect blend of pop, dissonance, and noise.
>>
>>60592996
I always thought it was kind of annoying
>>
>>60593012
the fuck?
>>
>>60593012
Strange opinion. That noise section is absolutely god tier. The song dissolves into absolute chaos, and finds its balance eventually
>>
https://youtu.be/05ygl9-5dvA
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T4Y75Azi4A
>>
>>60592996
>Silver Rocket is the definitive SY song though
It's not even the definitive song on Daydream Nation. That'd be Candle.
>>
YOU GOT IT

YE RIDE YR SILVER ROCKET
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.