[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Based Bono
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: bonowallpaper.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bonowallpaper.jpg
399 KB, 1920x1080
>Came from the bottom, grew up in war torn Ireland
>made some of the most critically acclaimed and best selling albums of the 1980s and 1990s, including Boy, The Joshua Tree, War, Achtung Baby, and The Unforgettable Fire
>worked with Brian Eno on several albums
>Achtung Baby was the first rock album to feature significant influence from electronic dance music and other contemporary experimental music and significantly widened their popularity, exposing listeners to groundbreaking music they would have otherwise never heard before, predating Kid A by 9 years
>was behind the groundbreaking and yet to be topped Zoo TV Tour
>is self aware, his persona during the Zoo TV-era was a satire of himself in response to all the critics who called him pompous during the Rattle and Hum days
>is a patrician who had bands including but not limited to This Heat, Interpol, Kings of Leon, Bjork, Mission of Burma, The Fall, Einsturzende Neubauten, Public Enemy and Pixies open for his band when they were in their prime to give them exposure
>albums still hold up, receive rave reviews upon being re-released, even by Pitchfork
>isn't a nigger
>single handedly made the American and British public view AIDS and HIV as diseases that deserve treatment and sympathy rather than a punishment for being a degenerate, something even Princess Diana failed to do
>single handedly convinced George W. Bush to become the president who gave the most money to AIDS research, not Clinton, not Obama, George W. Bush
>wants to create a high fidelity and consumer friendly music format
>Reddit hates him
>4chan hates him

This man is based as fuck.
>>
k
>>
File: u2.png (384 KB, 596x448) Image search: [Google]
u2.png
384 KB, 596x448
as much as people hate on u2/bono, i just have to respect a band who packs stadiums full on a nightly basis
>>
>>60592681
killed mr joy division
>>
>>60594596
Really. That 360 tour was incredible
>>
>>60594596
How is that respect-worthy? Being appealing to masses?
>>
>>60594743
appealing to masses is exactly why its respect worthy. youre literally able to get thousand upon thousands of people to take time out of their lives to travel to see you night after night, year after year because they truly want to. Its fuckin biblical
>>
>>60594795
Regardless of quality of content? Regardless of how gullible the masses are?
A stadium full of people is not biblical. Plenty of dumb shit get stadiums full of people ; evangelical events, wwe, gun conventions, bullfights, political rallies etc.
>>
>>60594861
Well yea my use of the word respect was meant to infer that it did indeed mean regardless of quality or content. I do however feel that a band is different and deserves more respect than something like evangelical events or political rallies. These dudes started something massive from virtually nothing whereas an evangelical event is just a promotion of someone else's work and ideas. But thats a different argument anyway. I think getting 150,000 people to come see your band play is absolutely legendary.
>>
>>60592681
Is Bono a liberal or conservative?
>>
>>60595048
what do you think?
>>
>>60595027

most people are clueless retards
>>
>>60594677
I think you're thinking of Lou Reid
>>
He has made some great music and they can probably sell out any stadium in the world in matter of hours. To achieve that kind of following on a World Wide basis is pretty remarkable. ZOOTV was an event that has yet to be topped.. Its MEME cringe worthy to hate of them but hey...the cool kids are doing it..right. Anyway...i song i heard earlier today..enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vITDe7DKDFo
>>
Best U2 album is POP. Prove me wrong
>>
>>60596059
really liked "Gone" from "Pop"
He was a great song to hear live as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVBc6VtvIsc
>>
>>60592681
>came from the lowest of lows
>rose to the top with a vision
>rocks Gucci sneaks
>so many motherfuckers wanna be like him
>>
>>60596712
it not he..my bad
>>
>War torn Ireland
Only the north m8
>>
>>60596059
Both Zooropa and Pop had incredible potential but was a disaster because they couldn't let go of their fame and release an experimental album that would have sold less.
I love U2 but that's one thing I'll never forgive them for. They had Kid A before Kid A at their fingertips and trashed the chance because they wanted more shekels.
>>
>>60596802
Listen to Original Soundtracks 1 mate.
>>
>>60592681
>Achtung Baby was the first rock album to feature significant influence from electronic dance music and other contemporary experimental music
this is really not true senpai
>>
>>60594596
god i would love to see them live
>>
>>60597411
true, but it was the first rock album from a massive superstar band to do this
>>
File: 1434204006012.png (22 KB, 651x429) Image search: [Google]
1434204006012.png
22 KB, 651x429
U2 sucks and pitchfork is a meme that means nothing.
>>
>>60592681
SO THEY SAY THIS IS THE GOLDEN AGE
AND GOLD IS THE REASON... FOR THE WARS WE WAGE
>>
>>60595137
maybe. but the fact is that 99.99% of bands will never be able to do something close to that. it's pretty amazing that U2 is able to bring that many people in to see them night after night. it has nothing to do with you liking them or not, it's just the scale of their success when they started at the absolute bottom that is so impressive
>>
he would be cooler if it was pronounced bone-o
>>
>>60594861

You're right. Music should be judged by how unappealing it is, and lauded for it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.