[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they the biggest scam in the history of music ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: radiohead.jpg (69 KB, 1080x867) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.jpg
69 KB, 1080x867
There will never be a better definition to pseudo-intellectual music. Meaningless music sold to people as it has some kind of message to it and people later made up some bullshit to justify
>>
File: U2-0909.jpg (866 KB, 1735x1125) Image search: [Google]
U2-0909.jpg
866 KB, 1735x1125
>>60591690
"hello son"
>>
File: Tool-band[1].jpg (679 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Tool-band[1].jpg
679 KB, 1280x1024
hey guys what's going on in this thread?
>>
Holy shit this thread is embarassing.
>>
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha desu
>>
>>60591951
>>60591976
>t. 'intellectuals'
>>
maybe we like faux-avant pop you dumbass
>>
>>60591690
Radioheadfags are so delusional, they're accusing fucking Bowie of ripping off Thom wtf
>>
>>60591690
That's not GYBE
>>
HOW DARE YOU OK COMPUTER IS LITERALLY THE GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME YOU PLEB
>>
>>60593092
pretty much this to be perfectly honesty with you family
>>
Why do so many plebs have such a hard time accepting that Radiohead are great?
>>
File: thommie.jpg (37 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
thommie.jpg
37 KB, 960x638
can we make this a radiohead thread now

I miss these :(
>>
i'm a pseudo transnigger mcdonalds bitch
>>
Radiohead, the most hyped and probably the most over-rated band of the decade, upped the ante for studio trickery. They had begun as third-rate disciples of the Smiths, and albums such as Pablo Honey (1993) and The Bends (1995) that were cauldrons of Brit-pop cliches. Then OK Computer (1997) happened and the word "chic" took on a new meaning. The album was a masterpiece of faux avantgarde (of pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music). It was, more properly, a new link in the chain of production artifices that changed the way pop music "sounds": the Beatles' Sgt Pepper, Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon, Fleetwood Mac's Tusk, Michael Jackson's Thriller. Despite the massive doses of magniloquent epos a` la U2 and of facile pathos a` la David Bowie, the album's mannerism led to the same excesses that detracted from late Pink Floyd's albums (lush textures, languid melodies, drowsy chanting). Since thee production aspects of music were beginning to prevail over the music itself, it was just about natural to make them "the" music. The sound of Kid A (2000) had decomposed and absorbed countless new perfumes, like a carcass in the woods. All sounds were processed and mixed, including the vocals. Radiohead moved as close to electronica as possible without actually endorsing it. Radiohead became masters of the artificial, masters of minimizing the emotional content of very complex structures. Amnesiac (2001) replaced "music" with a barrage of semi-mechanical loops, warped instruments and digital noises, while bending Thom Yorke's baritone to a subhuman register and stranding it in the midst of hostile arrangements, sounding more and more like an alienated psychopath. Their limit was that they were more form than content, more "hype" than message, more nothing than everything.
>>
there there is a FUCKING masterpiece
>>
>>60593911
literally babby's first radiohead song
>>
>>60593943
that doesnt make it less of a FUCKING masterpiece
>>
>>60591690
I like most of their stuff but have never thought any of it actually meant anything.
>>
>>60593988
it's like this.
on table 1, there's a baby eating baby food and it's the best thing he's ever had

on table 2, there's a man enjoying his favorite meal

The kid doesn't see that the man eating his favorite meal is enjoying a moment of life's precious things. While the man looks down on the babby, thinking "why the fuck would i eat baby food again?"
>>
File: thom_art_museum.jpg (393 KB, 1064x1600) Image search: [Google]
thom_art_museum.jpg
393 KB, 1064x1600
EVERYTHING ALL OF THE TIMEEEE
>>
>>60594063
but this isn't accurate for music

people will always listen to fun and catchy but not necessarily complex songs even after enjoying legitimately interesting music

like king of limbs is my favorite radiohead album and i think there there is a masterpiece
>>
ITT: people who don't know what "scam" means
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.