[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Songs that gradually gain traction as they progress, like The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Hissingfauna.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Hissingfauna.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
Songs that gradually gain traction as they progress, like The Past is a Grotesque Animal please.

Or long songs general, whatever.
>>
>>60591027
Lots of tracks do this, anon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va4OyeQHbr8
>>
>>60591027
Wume- Maintain
Tubular Bells
The World of Genius Hans (song/band)
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard- Head On/Pill
Jordaan Mason- The Decline of Stupid Fucking Western Civilization
any modern Swans song (off of Seer or TBK)
>>
File: adz.jpg (361 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
adz.jpg
361 KB, 900x900
>>60591027
I expect you'd like Impossible Soul
>>
>>60591157
idk though, it shifts into a bunch of totally distinct sounding sections
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 700x700
>>60591027
Wont Yu Tu Cry
You gotta sit thru the cringe lyrics to get to the great ones and then the ending is psychedelic as fuck but you gotta just let it play thru for it to really hit you
>>
>>60591027
Ye, Renew the Plaintiff from Paralytic Stalks does this too but it's a lot more wild and crazy
>>
>>60591234
no they build on each other in a similar way to TPIAGA
like it comes back to build on previous sections

>>60591244
fuck off
>>
File: Slint_Spiderland.jpg (841 KB, 1547x1547) Image search: [Google]
Slint_Spiderland.jpg
841 KB, 1547x1547
Washer
>>
Comforting Sounds by Mew
>>
>>60591234
That's why Djohariah is better
>>
>>60592659
it's less interesting 2bh
>>
Lots of LCD Soundsystem is like this. Check out All My Friends and All I Want.
>>
after being an of montreal fan since 2004 i can honestly say the past is their only song that still holds up
>>
>>60591244
just went and listened to it and that transition to mars in virgo was tight. interesting voice.
>>
Krautrock by Faust. It's a Bit of a Pain to begin, but it's good for cleansing your palette and then setting the mood for the rest of the album.
>>
File: cover.jpg (152 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
152 KB, 800x800
like 90% of the songs on this album
they do it on others too but not as much as in this one imo, maybe HCTI and Hollindagain are on the same level.
>tfw the violin on Bees
>>
>>60593966
what
>>
Thanks for the recs everyone.

>>60593086
>>60594096
Good shouts. All My Friends and Banshee Beat are the exact kinda things I'm thinking of.
>>
>>60591027
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKn33-q4Ao
yea
>>
>>60594096
Alvin Row is incredible too
>>
>>60594748
still the best song ever recorded imo tbqhwyl
>>
Mercury Rev - Meth of a Rockette's Kick
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.