[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/KingCrimson/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: king-crimson.jpg (73 KB, 900x617) Image search: [Google]
king-crimson.jpg
73 KB, 900x617
I'm gonna try to get this going, but it hasn't really picked up the last couple of times I've tried. I guess the King Crimson fan population has diluted on /mu/? Whatever. Let's (hopefully) get a King Crimson general going.

>favorite album?
>favorite live album?
>favorite lineup?
>favorite bassist?
>favorite vocalist?

Come on Crimson fans, I know you're out there somewhere
>>
senpai i wish you the best cause this is good posting, but i really don't think it'll take off. it's too specific. why don't you make prog generals and discuss them within that context? i would join that

sorry but i don't know shit about crimson so i really don't have much to say about them

good luck bby
>>
>Discipline
>Starless and Bible Black
>1972-74
>the bald guy with the moustache
>Greg Lake

Honourable mention goes to Jamie "The Absolute Madman" Muir
>>
>>60582638
I love 80s, 90s and 2000s KC

Also saw them on this tour, it was simply unbelievable
>>
OP here, might as well answer the questions:
>favorite album?
either Red or Larks Tongues
>favorite live album?
Absent Lovers
>favorite lineup?
72-74
>favorite bassist?
John Wetton
>favorite vocalist?
also John Wetton
>>60582671
in a prog general, I doubt I'd manage to get much discussion beyond just their more popular studio albums. I've had Crimson generals take off before, and its really fun to discuss more obscure live albums and the real nitty gritty of the band. but, unfortunately, it just doesnt really take off before. King Crimson just must not be as popular on here as they were at one point before. Thanks for the bump and the kind words
>>
>favorite album?
The Night Watch
>favorite live album?
The Night Watch
>favorite lineup?
Wetton-era
>favorite bassist?
Levin
>favorite vocalist?
Belew

>>60582711
we have a lot in common senpai
>>
>>60582725
Crimson post-Discipline is criminally underrated on /mu/. Their work with the double trio was stellar, THRAK is a top Crimson album desu. And yeah, 2014 Crim is fucking great, I cant wait to hear what they do in the studio.
>>
>favorite album?
LTIA
>favorite live album?
Great Deciever box set is some of my favorite rock music ever
>favorite lineup?
Larks- Red
>favorite bassist?
Wetton
>favorite vocalist?
Wetton

As a bonus here's how I rank the studio albums up to discipline

1. LTIA
2. ITCOTCK
3. Red
4. Islands
5. Discipline
6. Lizard
7. Starless

Power to believe is also p good
>>
Red
whatever
Larks---Red
Wetton
Wetton

Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part II is the best KC song.
>>
>>60582738
I don't have high hopes for the new stuff. They played some new songs live and while those had some cool parts, ultimately I don't think it will be really good. 2000s KC is hit and miss, but goddammit, the hits are out of this world.
For instance the Projekct Three Live in Alexandria album - namely "The Power To Believe II"

>>60582726
If you like Absent Lovers find the 1983 Minneapolis bootleg. It's absolute hot fire, makes AL sound tired and weak.
>>
>at record store
>french guy is on the phone talking loudly
>looking at Beat
>telling his friend they have Beat
>friend isn't understanding
>he stands there for 5 minutes yelling
>BEEEEET
>BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
>BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
>record store owner gets angry and asks him to get off the phone
>guy gets huffy and leaves
>go grab his Beat copy
>$3
>buy it

The only KC album I don't have is Red because it's fuckhard to find.
>>
>>60582769
complete power ranking:
1. Red
2. Larks Tongues in Aspic
3. Discipline
4. In The Court of the Crimson King
5. Beat
6. Islands
7. Thrak
8. Three of a Perfect Pair
9. In The Wake of Poseidon
10. The Power to Believe
11. Starless and Bible Black
12. Lizard
13. The Construkction of Light

note: I love all of their albums, and this list can be very close between one album and another.
>>
>>60582794
part I > part II imo desu senpai
>>
>>60582843
Red
Larks
ITCOTCK
Discipline
Starless
Lizard
Islands
Wake
Beat
TOAPP
Thrak
>>
>>60582835
he was actually talking about his dick
>>
>>60582638
>favorite album?
Larks'
>favorite live album?
The Night Watch or VROOOM VROOOM
>favorite lineup?
'72–'74
>favorite bassist?
Tony Levin
>favorite vocalist?
John Wetton

Bruford obviously as favourite drummer, Collins as favourite in the 'non-strings/drums' departement.
>>
>>60582849
No
>>
>>
>Larks Tongue, or Discipline
>The Night Watch
>The Larks Tongue lineup
>Tony Levin
>Greg Lake

Just saw them play in Toronto a few nights ago, such an incredible experience.
>>
>>60582953
>you will never shred on a guitar synthesizer wearing a black jumpsuit and white tuxedo in the 80s
>>
>>60582979
did they play any of the fabled new material?
>>
>Discipline
>B'Boom
>Discipline-era
>Tony Levin
>Adrian Belew
>>
>>60582995
They played a few drum pieces, since they have the three drummers, and one new that I can't remember the name of.
>>
>>60583020
you mean like a new fully realized track? how did it sound?
>>
>>60582835
http://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-Red/release/722563
>>
>>60583031
Yeah, and it was pretty good. They used that discipline era technique where fripp and the other guitar player play two guitar line that compliment each other in a weird technical way. It sounded like they took all the styles they played in over the years and put them into one song, you can really here the influences.
>>
>>60583031
Suitable grounds for the blues, it's ok
>>
>>60583113
shit that sounds so awesome. I cannot wait for the eventual studio album
>>
>>60583113
Whoops, that was me
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.