[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do women always have such shit taste in music compared to men?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: man_pondering.gif (41 KB, 200x374) Image search: [Google]
man_pondering.gif
41 KB, 200x374
Why do women always have such shit taste in music compared to men?
>>
>>63392476
They are simply more consultative beings than men are. For whatever reason, they are more timid about making bold statements and deviating from normalcy. They can't shop for clothes alone, they can't judge men alone, and they can't even urinate alone. They support each other through groupthink. Because of this, the average woman's musical taste is more bland and typical. They don't want to be "on the outside".

"But wait," you might say "not all girls listen to pop music exclusively." This is correct. Some women do indeed venture outside of society's musical comfort zone, but their reasons for doing so are rarely musically-motivated. These women are simply looking for a scene or subculture to wedge themselves into, using music as another fashion tool. It's all about image. How many "artsy" girls do you know who insist that their taste is "atypical", "unique", or "eclectic" who have an iPod full of the same girl-friendly, Pitchfork-approved artists like Radiohead, Sigur Ros, and the like? Quite a few, I'd wager. Women are generally considered to have bad taste because they lack any true interest in musical discovery.

Want further proof? How many girls do you know who are into Noise? Who are into Krautrock? Musique concrète? Electroacoustic improvisation? Classical avant-garde? Not many. This is because these styles of music, while unique, cutting-edge, and extremely rewarding, have no fashion culture built around them, and no cute boys who listen to and perform these types of music. Music is another article of clothing for women, and it makes basement-dwelling experts froth at the mouth whenever females claim otherwise.
>>
>>63392555
>and no cute boys who listen to and perform these types of music.
I'm pretty cute
>>
men and women are different.
>>
>>63392555

This man is a genius.
>>
>>63392476
>>63392555
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
>>63392555
I hope this is pasta.
>>
>>63392624
>hope
>not know
>>
>>63392623
nice pasta anon! really impressive skill to be able to say nothing that much. irked me super hard when it said pre-madonnas though
>>
sometimes I wonder why I even browse /mu/
>>
>>63392555
My sister has fantastic taste and she is none of these descriptions.
>>
>>63392623
>doubles advocate
>>
>>63392476
The file name made me giggle
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 396x400
>>63392555
>>
>>63393078
There's some decent stuff, you just have to sift through the memes and 18 year old white boys to find it.
>>
>>63393253
what does she like?
>>
>>63392623
>>
>>63393345
>marina
>gaga
>grimes
>nirvana
>beatles
I promise.
>>
>>63392555
I don't care if this is pasta, it's completely true.

>>63393253
Exceptions to every rule, lad
>>
Just checkout my sisters profile on last.fm (not earlier guy)
http://last.fm/user/mariakrolowa
then tell your opinion desu
>>
>>63393662
shit taste
>>
>>63393635
>fantastic taste
Senpai...
>>
In the beginning there was light... Anyway. So girls have a dingus, and boys have a lingus... Which is why women like duranduran, which is meta-ironic.
>>
>>63393662
How old is she?? Taste is meh but still send her to Belgium from Poland..
>>
Males are systemizers, females empathizers
>>
A lot of chicks do really focus on music that turns them on, or stuff from a social context that turned them on, it definitely can be more sexual.
>>
>>63392555
/thread
>>
>>63392476
Women have the luxury of choice. It is all evolution. Men habe to prove themselves to reproduce to women. Thats why they strive to be different. Stronger, more intelligent, more brave but just generally more interesting than other men. Thats why men dominate all arts. Women dont need to fight for men. They are the jury and men are the applicants. They have no natural drive to set themselves apart from other women. Art science sports- all that shit...we mainly do it to reproduce.
>>
>>63393662
>Top Track: Michael Gira - Blind
nice
>>
>>63397705
spoken like a true virgin
>>
>>63397705
that only applies to attractive girls, actually talk to a 6/10 or less sometime close to half of them have at least decent music taste
>>
>>63393253
Obviously there's room for exceptions, we're looking in a general sense
>>
>>63397894
How am I wrong though? I mean the same goes for very attractive men they are much more likely to be plebs. >>63397989
Yes unattractive women need to compensate as well. There are more undesireable men though because thats how human nature is like. Did you know that before civilization started only 17 women reproduced with only 1 men on average. The pressure is more on men than on women. I am not complaining just stating an idea
>>
>>63395108
she's already taken, her boyfriend is also into music so no prob (for sure he aint no jock)
>>
My ex has pretty good taste. I just asked her what she's been listening to and she said James ferraro, title fight, us girls, drug church and opn. An exception? Maybe. I would suspect most of us are making generalizations off of small amounts of data anyway.
Her most recent boyfriend had awful taste. Just basic shit edm at all times of the day. She said she really appreciated what I listened to once she didn't have me so that felt good.
Still, there is a huge disconnect in how we listen to music. For her its an immediate response. Lots of emotion and feeling. Whereas I listen more analytically. She's also awful with naming genres or doing anything involved with identifying qualitative components of music. Again, it's just one person so we shouldn't make a generalization but it's interesting to think about since it aligns with generalizations we have about how men and women think.
>>
>>63392476
I'll bet you $100 my mom's taste is better than yours.
>>
>>63392476
>always
>>
>>63392555
>but their reasons for doing so are rarely musically-motivated

Reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
Women are geared to figuring out what are the smart men. Smarts and good music never will get along. To be a good musician you have to be a 100% crazy theologon. Hence, Women are pretty good at figuring out what thinkers matter, though. A completely useless talent, 'quipt.
>>
>>63392555
I'm a woman
>>
Trying to think of anything more "consultative" than sitting around on a Danish cheesemaking forum swapping last.fm profiles and Top 100 charts and evaluating one another's tastes.
>>
>>63399498
you're probably right t b h
>>
>>63401440
And he's a meme
>>
Women will never excell at music. The great Music does take an ability to bear insane psychological pains, which women, all humandemonrace, now, lack.
>>
what a shit thread
>>
>>63401588
you're living on it
>>
>>63401363
what the actual fuck you think they´re all stupid or something? Dude you can play Katy Perry without biologically figuring any shit about smart women and good music. also people are individuals you cant just say all women want the same thing. If you said all blacks are same youd get way more middle fingers
>>
>girl I've been crushing on makes me a 6 1/2 hour noise/onkyo/musique-concrete playlist
>tfw i'm a pleb compared to her
>>
How come, across every medium, the ratio of quality male to female artist is like 100:1? Classical music, rock music, film, literature, art. Forget about video games and jazz.
>>
>>63401640
females actually make up a sizeable portion of the top-tier experimental electronic music producers.
>>
>>63401606
Women and niggers are inferior. And? That IS a sweeping statement... Since The question was also an global one. F f to your femnutmeetings.
>>
The ultimate musician qt is the jazz musician/composer. Other than that, pretty much everyone, no matter the gender, is soiled by egotism, including pretty much all of you itt. lol

Learn jazz and classical you faggots.
>>
>>63392555
i feel like this is 95% true
>>
Like 50 percent of the best current artists are female. Joanna Newsom, Julia Holter, Bjork, Sarah Neufeld, etc.

>*tips fedora*
>>
>>63392555
Hey unty
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.