[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MEME GUITARS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: 20th-PH w-6 pos.jpg (49 KB, 765x301) Image search: [Google]
20th-PH w-6 pos.jpg
49 KB, 765x301
Guitars that are made famous for their quirky looks/trendy players but actually play and sound like shit
>>
>>60579537
ALL OF THEM
/Thread
>>
>>
File: guitar.jpg (34 KB, 800x258) Image search: [Google]
guitar.jpg
34 KB, 800x258
>inb4 all guitars desu
>>
>>60579542
>things faggots too lazy to learn a real instrument say
>>
>>
>>60579545
Isn't Gibson, like, *the* electric guitar company going back to the 30s?
>>
>>60579552
This. Had one of these and it was lousy AF
>>
>>60579565
Kind of, but they're overpriced and the quality is inconsistent. I've heard the newer ones are pretty well built, but fuck paying that much for a guitar.
>>
>>60579565
Yeah, the quality has steadily been on the decline for the last few decades tho. This particular model, the Les Paul, is THE rock guitar, but having personally played one i really don't get why theyre held in such high regard
>>
>>
>>60579634
actually dope
>>
>>60579589
I personally really like them, simple but classy design, the weight and the size feel just right, the signature warm tone easy on the ears, etc...
But to each their own.
>>
File: jazzmaster.jpg (70 KB, 424x1250) Image search: [Google]
jazzmaster.jpg
70 KB, 424x1250
the guitar fedora
>>
>>60580487
fuck off
>>
>>60580487
this and the jaguar
>>
>>60580487
>>60580710
Why
>>
>>60580487
What the fuck
jazzmasters are literally the most based guitars on earth
>>
>>60580710
Jags are fine.
>>
>>60580487
I see this a lot but I really like my jazzmaster. I'm actually considering selling my prs custom 24 since I haven't played it much at all since buying the jazzmaster.
>>
>>60580487
No, that would be anything with headless necks or more than 6 strings.
>>
>>60580487
Has to be bait. Jazzmasters are really versatile and sound amazing. With a few tweaks, they also play really well. The best electric guitar design imo.

Also, fedora guitars would be shredders.
>>
meams XD
>>
>>60582764
offset guitar bodies are really ugly tho
they all qualify as meme instruments/strung fedoras because theyre so closely associated with indie and alternative rock as a stylistic choice as to be ubiquitous and a part of the uniform in those genres, leading to that awkward situation where the quirky alternative has become the mainstream, ie the exact opposite of how jags and jazzmasters gained their popularity
>>
>>60579587
I have a 2016. It's pretty solid once I removed the '57 pickups and replaced them.
>>
>>60580487
Yup.

Jazzmasters are the "Crosley turn-table through a quirky vintage instagram filter" of the guitar world.

If it doesn't seem that way you might just be one of the cringy people I'm referring to.
>>
>>60583152
Why would you remove the best pickups Gibson makes?
>>
>>60583231
To replace them with pickups that Gibson doesn't make?
>>
>>60583252
Which ones? 57 classics are about as good as PAFs come
>>
>>60583076
>>60583214
"I don't like it" = "fedora"
Good to know you're talking out your ass
Don't you have some shitty blues guitar to circlejerk over back in /gbg/?
>>
>>60583076
>>60583214
>>60580487

If anything, a gibson les paul is a "I listen to real music, born in le wrong generation" fedora guitar.
>>
>>60583880
I think all guitar music is yesterdays news
but you think alternative rock is "cool" dont you
and you think, say, a tobacco sunburst strat is "uncool"
youre a fashion victim and you probably dont even realise it
lel
>>
>>60580487
No way.

Telecasters, on the other hand...
>>
>>60583970
The kids who say that usually don't even play guitar though.
>>
>>60583214
It's definitely becoming that (jaguar more so than jazzmaster), which is a real shame. My jazzmaster is easily the best playing guitar I've ever owned. Its clean sound on the neck pickup is the best I've ever heard. The offset shape may look quirky, but the shape of it just rests perfectly comfortably on me when I'm playing it. The jazzmaster is my personal perfect guitar, and it deserves better than to be a meme for quirky indie kids
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.