[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit. I've almost exclusively been listening to jazz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 351x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 351x348
Holy shit. I've almost exclusively been listening to jazz and hip-hop my entire life, but for some reason I just listened to Nick Drake's entire discography and I fuckin love it

Where do I go from here
>>
File: 4996422.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
4996422.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
Something similar to Pink Moon
>>
Depends.
Do you want more like 5 leaves/bryter Nick? Or more in the vein of Pink Moon Nick?
>>
>>60570672
Hell?
>>
>>60570716
Thanks man
>>60570733
I liked it all but I think I liked Pink Moon the best. I only listened to each of them like 3 times so I can't really pick a favorite
>>60570755
:-0
>>
bumping this. pink moon might be my favorite album of all time and i need more
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n16UclazEn4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qadKIvx3mc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9jhI4psNbo
>>
>>60570887
Come on man. You can find "guy-and-his-guitar" records anywhere.
>>
Elliott Smith - Roman Candle, S/T, and Either/Or
>>
Not so much stylistically similar, but I think Townes Van Zandt might be right up your alley.
There's really nothing I can say about Townes. His music has become so dear to me, his lyrics ring in my head. A poet of the drunkest order.
"I covered my lovers with flowers and wounds/ my laughter the devil would frighten"
"Mother was a golden girl, I'd slit her throat just to get her pearls/ cast myself into a whirl, before a bunch of swine"
Go listen to Highway Kind off his album High, Low, and Inbetween. Gives me chills every time.
>>
File: shins.jpg (84 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
shins.jpg
84 KB, 1080x1080
>>60570672
the shins-- oh, inverted world
andrew bird-- armchair apocrypha
simon + garfunkel-- bridge over troubled water
paul simon songbook
decemberists-- picaresque
elliott smith-- entire discography (starting with either-or)
fleet foxes-- fleet foxes + helplessness blues
iron & wine-- the creek drank the cradle
jose gonzalez-- veneer
rogue wave-- descended like vultures
sufjan stevens-- entire discography minus age of adz
sun kil moon-- benji
bon iver-- bon iver (inb4 le p4k meme)
>>
>>60573630
This guy's list is great.
I would add Iron and Wine's Out Endless Numbered Days (my favorite of his)

It might be a little too far off the path, but I recommend that you at least try The Microphones' The Glow Pt. 2.
>>
>>60570672
Jessica Pratt
>>
>>60573630
ignore this guy.

>>60572896
listen to this guy.
>>
>>60570672
here you go big dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAriDxTeed8
>>
>>60573630
Pretty much none of these are similar to Nick Drake. Closest recommendation I've heard so far is Jackson C. Frank.

This is one of my favourite albums of all time and not dissimilar.
>>
>>60574009
Now with 100% more image.
>>
Listen to Caetano Veloso - A Little More Blue Album
>>
File: 121635.jpg (25 KB, 600x537) Image search: [Google]
121635.jpg
25 KB, 600x537
>>
Hell, where this sinner who hated life is burning for all eternity.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.