[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: pleb friend stories >friend recommends I listen to TMR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
ITT: pleb friend stories

>friend recommends I listen to TMR
>already familiar with the album due to it's meme status on here
>reluctantly listen to it for the first time
>it's absolute garbage and impossible to take seriously
>ask friend if he was trolling or if he genuinely likes it (or at least thinks/pretends he does)
>"haha yeah it's an amazing album dude but it's pretty inaccessible you probably should have listened to Safe as Milk first"
>listen to pic related for the first time
>it's literally and I mean LITERALLY just dad-rock (at least TMR was kinda interesting in how random and querky it was)
>tell my friend he's a fucking pleb for taking a meme seriously
>he still hasn't accepted that TMR is shit
>>
>>60567270
shouldnt you be in school right now
>>
>>60567270
Was the joke that fact that YOU were being a pleb in this tale?
>>
>friend
>>
>>60567270
lol normie problems amirite
>>
WOAH DUDE ITS NOT DAD ROCK ARE YOU DUMB FAGGOT DUDE GET TASTE PLEB REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
was this the reaction you wanted?
>>
>unironically using "pleb", "dadrock", "meme"
opinion disregarded faster than a rabbit gets fucked
>>
>>60567295
It's ok, he's so edgy that he uses his phone in class, and doesn't even care what anyone thinks about it.
>>
my friends are plebs when it comes to music, but i'm a pleb when it's about gfs
>>
>>60567270
>already familiar with the album due to it's meme status on here
>reluctantly listen to it for the first time
I'm not sure why the fact that it's popular on /mu/ makes it something that you encounter with trepidation. Most the the albums that are posted about heavily are critically acclaimed at large by the mainstream music industry.
>>
>>60567270
Not recognizing the traditions of poetry and free jazz Beefheart is pulling from.

Not understanding the themes and imagery are some of the strongest in the history of rock music.
>>
>>60567270
stop forcing this meme and go back to /v/
>>
>>60567270
>ITT: pleb friend stories
>>recommend TMR to a friend
>>assume he's unaware of its meme status
>>he reluctantly listens to it for the first time
>>thinks it's absolute garbage and impossible to take seriously
>>asks me if i was trolling or if i genuinely likes it (or at least thinks/pretends i do)
>>"haha yeah it's an amazing album dude but it's pretty inaccessible you probably should have listened to Safe as Milk first"
>>he listens to Safe as Milk for the first time
>>saya it's literally and I mean LITERALLY just dad-rock (at least TMR was kinda interesting in how random and querky it was)
>>tell me I'm a fucking pleb for taking a meme seriously
>>he still thinks that TMR is shit
>>
File: 1433867524424.png (231 KB, 429x266) Image search: [Google]
1433867524424.png
231 KB, 429x266
>My friends think Ween suck
>All they listen to is dadrock and Motorhead
What did I do to deserve this
>>
File: 1447314485838.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
1447314485838.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>>60567270
>>
>>60567500
>"you should try Radiohead dude, they're really good"
>"nah man, they suck; hey do you like The Killers?"

literally a response I got from my buddy who likes twentyonepilots

I told him to listen to Amnesiac since it was the Radiohead album that I liked the most on first listen, and he told me he wouldn't listen to them because he didn't like Creep and wouldn't let me explain why he was dumb for thinking that.
>>
>>60567295
it's thanksgiving break in fattyland faggot
>>
File: 1428098276974.gif (767 KB, 234x197) Image search: [Google]
1428098276974.gif
767 KB, 234x197
>briefly mention the term "industrial post-punk" in passing during a conversation
>friend stops me
>"anon, that's fucking autistic. there are only two kinds of music, good and bad"
>"eh, i'd say most of it's mediocre"
>"mediocre music is bad too"
>>
>>60567645
>using "autistic" in conversation where someone uses genres for music

yikes

>>60567592
>telling someone like that to listen to Amnesiac
>thinking Radiohead is anything past a 7

you too are the pleb
>>
>>60567883
>7
>bad

go back to /a/ ding dong
>>
>>60567984
"really good" isn't a term i'd apply to band that was the less groundbreaking Beatles of the 90s and 2000s
>>
>>60568026
If I'm trying to get my buddy into music, I'll use terms like "really good" or "great" or "rad" in order to catch his attention so I can share music with him. You're really not getting this.
>>
>>60568070
but you're trying to take someone who likes the Killers and 21P and give them fucking Amnesiac like an autist instead of showing them some other 90s stuff that inspired the Killers like Oasis (since they formed at an Oasis concert) or The Stone Roses

step up
>>
>>60567592
>Radiohead
>not pleb as fuck
jej
>>
>>60567319
Dumb weeaboo
>>
File: 1390246330523.jpg (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1390246330523.jpg
23 KB, 250x250
>safe as milk
>dad rock
>>
everything is shit
>>
File: ffghh.jpg (50 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
ffghh.jpg
50 KB, 600x316
>friend puts on david bowie record
>he's american
>>
File: 1412342039329.jpg (6 KB, 250x165) Image search: [Google]
1412342039329.jpg
6 KB, 250x165
>>60568654
>friend puts on rock, jazz, blues, rnb, hip hop, modern pop, u.s. folk, etc record
>he's british
>>
>>60567883
>rating an entire band
>>
>>60568780
>friend speaks english
>he's not english
>>
Sounds like you're the pleb here, OP
>>
>>60568876
>friend thinks I'm speaking english
>actually speaking american
>>
In this post: patrician friends stories
>send Faust, Captain Beefheart, Peter Brötzmann and John Coltrane to a friend
>they like it
Good feel.
>>
>>60569000
your friends study art

theres no other expl
>>
>chilling with friends
>put morton feldman's second string quartet
>confront myself and my self (as an ontological historical entity) with the mirror of atonality (as a mirror is not an empathic but a reflexive entity, alien to the space and time it reflects and only existing by itself in relation to the other) and realize the boundaries of human thought, comprehension and consciousness
>reach rational ecstasy
>pleb friend gets up and says "what is this silence shit, lmao, put some nirvana"
>get angry at their rockist subaltern consumption conditioned by the structures of power of the imperialist white economies, but contain it
>calm myself down by remembering quotes from finnegans wake, my favorite book since i was a teenager
>mfw can't express myself because i'm a spectator in the society of spectacle

"It is not the slumber of reason which engenders monsters, but vigilant and insomniac rationality. - Gilles Deleuze" - ~Astigmata
>>
>>60569000
>send gf Radiohead
>"they're okay"
>send gf The Ape of Naples
>she loves it

>>60569051
been a while since i've seen that one
>>
>>60567270
You're a pleb, OP.
>>
>>60567645
>he was right
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.