[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you fucking idiots even play instruments anymore? You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: GuitareClassique5.png (811 KB, 799x1308) Image search: [Google]
GuitareClassique5.png
811 KB, 799x1308
Why do you fucking idiots even play instruments anymore? You realize they are pretty much wax cylinders right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orBQp6aSF9I
>>
>A modern day Mozart
>>
>>60566565
Ya he is, you got a problem with it?
>>
>>60566160
This is one of the most pretentious and cringey videos I have ever seen. Please don't tell me you un-ironically enjoyed watching this.
>>
>>60566741
He's a modern day beat maker making the same type of music as thousands of others through slightly different means. Sample synthesis is nothing new, and him being singularly interested in it doesn't make him or his music necessarily better. There's value in his approach but that doesn't make lofty comparisons acceptable. I doubt he is close to being as understanding of music as Mozart was, and I doubt he was prodigious like Mozart was, for example.
He evidenced that he makes commercial music, and this video is exactly a commercial.
>>
Synthetic music is a tool that allows musicians to do things they couldn't before, but it will not replace traditional music until it can make music that sounds exactly like traditional instruments, which it really can't, and won't for a long time.
>>
>>60566160
You know that people have been saying real instruments would be rendered obsolete since the 80's right? They're not going away, it's a great hobby, people love to listen to acoustic performances and it gets me pussy like crazy.
>>
>>60567154
Even when synthetic music can mimic traditional instruments perfectly, it probably still won't replace them. Playing musical instruments is a great hobby and skill to learn. And it'll always be more impressive and enjoyable watching someone perform a complex classical piano piece live in front of you than watching someone scan some sheet music and press play on a machine, even if the result sounds exactly the same.
>>
>>60566160
man that videos must have been really good
the link is down dead, post another
>>
>>60566160
This is nearing Cameron Carpenter levels of pretentiousness
>>
Writing a sweet riff>whatever this asshole is doing.
>>
>>60568019
At least Cameron Carpenter an accomplished organist, this guy is just some soundcloud beat maker.
>>
>>60566160
this is so pathetic
>>
>>60566160
"instruments are useless"

tries to uses instruments

kek
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.