[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TOOL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: 2000px-Tool_logo_2006.svg.png (16 KB, 2000x513) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Tool_logo_2006.svg.png
16 KB, 2000x513
What does /mu/ think of Tool and their upcoming album?

Here's a link of what Adam Jones describes as a "trailer for a song" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LvAPabwDGg
>>
File: 1444657904461.png (333 KB, 823x720) Image search: [Google]
1444657904461.png
333 KB, 823x720
nearly ten years and we get a "song trailer" of Maynard moaning for 4 minutes? this fucking sounds the same as the last 3 albums too
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 625x417
>>60565702
AAAAAAAAAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AYYYOOO
>disses religion
SO HOL UP HOL UP
>gets naked on stage
SO U BE SAYIN
>acts edgy
SO HOL UP U BE SAYIN
>sings about his mum
AAAYYYOOO SO U BE SAYIN
>makes wine
U BE SAYIN
>sees the pieces fit
HOL UP HOL UP
>samples Bill Hicks
AYYYOO U BE SAYIN
>sings behind a curtain
SO U BE SAYIN
>charges 90 bucks for concert tickets
HOL UP SO U BE SAYIN
>makes another side project nobody cares about
WE GON BE
>gives the finger
FINNA WE GON BE
>bakes cookies with no eggs
AYYYOO HOL UP WE GON BE
>makes a stop-motion music video
SO WE GON BE
>drowns all of California
SO U SAYIN WE GON BE
>sees with his third eye
SOM FINNA
>makes an 11 minute soft rock dronefest
SO WE GON BE
>gets molested by his stepfather
SOM FINNA
>takes LSD once
AYYYOO SOM FINA
>insults a fan
HOL UP
>skims through a philosophy book
WE GON BE
>blames Hofmann
SOM FINNA
>shits the bed
WE GON BE
>acts bald
SOM FINNA
>only sees black and white in his infancy
HOL UP MUH NIGGUH
>messages Harry Manback
U SAYING WE GON BE
>settles lawsuit
DROPPIN OUR FIFTH ALBUM?
>doesn't
>>
>>60565953
lel
>>
>>60565953
Why has God abandoned us
>>
>>>60566666
>>
>>60565702
>their upcoming album

i think it's going to sound just like their other albums, no monumental change in playing style, note progressions, or arrangements. (i mean that "trailer for a song" could easily just be an aenima b-side)

The only BIG change tool has ever had was transition out of the Opiate era. Everything else is essentially the same.

also, since maynard is only begrudgingly apart of tool due to label requirements, is no longer friends with the band members and literally hates going on tour with them... his effort will be incredibly lackluster.
>>
>>60565953
Epic
>>
>>60565702
sounds better than 10,000 pieces of shit. im looking forward to the new album
>>
>>60567045
this to be honest. They've essentially remade undertow a few different times and maynard doesn't even want anything to do with them now
>>
>>60565953
top kek
>>
>>60569176
>remade Undertow
Yeah, songs like Reflection, Schism and Wings for Marie sound just like Undertow, no progression at all...
>>
>>60567045
>maynard is only begrudgingly apart of tool due to label requirements, is no longer friends with the band members and literally hates going on tour with them
>maynard doesn't even want anything to do with them now

Not listening to Tool since my early teens I haven't really kept up with what's going on with them, so what's all this about? Source?
>>
>>60565702
Opiate and Undertow didn't age well

Aenima and Lateralus are great albums

They sound fantastic on Salival

I have mixed feelings about 10,000 days but I kinda enjoy it.

New album (if it ever comes out) will probably sound like 10.000 days
>>
File: 1439531957144.png (283 KB, 531x376) Image search: [Google]
1439531957144.png
283 KB, 531x376
>>60565953
>>
I only own 1 Tool album and that's 10,000 Days, the only other one I'll buy will be Lateralus unless the new one is outstanding.
>>
>>60565953
KEK
>>
>>60570337
2 hour interview with Maynard on joe rogan podcast.
>>
>>60565702
When's this shit coming out?
>>
>>60570580
Literally who cares anymore
>>
File: 1443386993298.png (161 KB, 265x281) Image search: [Google]
1443386993298.png
161 KB, 265x281
>>60570580
December 3, 2024
I calculated it based on the number of tom hits on 10,000 Days divided by the number of muted guitar chugs on "Prison Sex"
Then I took my answer and stuck it up my ass because that is what Tool singers Daddy did to him (but with a dick)
After exactly 7 days I had my friend fist me

then I made up an arbitrary date,
us Tool fans are sharp
>>
>>60570652
I do faggot.
I get down on
>Maynard's Dick
>>
>>60570685
>likes tool as an adult
>on /mu/

Literally why
>>
>>60570736
LITERALLY

Why not?
>>
>>60570781
*tips fedora*
>>
>>60570842
I
MET
A
BOY
WEARING
VANS...
>>
>>60570580
Next year, hopefully
>>
>>60570354
>Opiate and Undertow didn't age well

They're my favorite Tool albums though.
>>
>>60570892
AND A DOPE
BEASTIE TEE
NIPPLE RINGS
NEW TATTOOS
>>
When you're listening to Tool, just remember that they're not like other bands. Their music is incredibly artistic, almost to the point where you have to be paying complete attention to them to even remotely understand them. I remember listening to a song on Lateralus (though I can't remember what it was), where I thought a song was absolute bollocks during the listen. Then, I closed my eyes for a second, and all of a sudden the song had an entirely new meaning. It was insane the way Tool could just become something so different when you take a look into the music.

Another thing you should note about Tool is that it's easy to get a headache listening to them. Not because they're a bad band, but because of how many ideas their music is riddled with and how complex they are. Soon enough your head will fill to the brim and the rest will just sound like noise to you. Just turn it off and give it a listen the next day.

If you don't like the music, you'll definitely at least enjoy reading through the lyrics, and picking apart the song itself and all of the artistic values that go into making it the complexity that it is.
>>
>>60571877
This is ripped directly from toolnavy.com, isn't it?
>>
>>60570652
hi
>>
WAIT HOLY SHIT A NEW TOOL ALBUM??
>>
>>60571877
>it's easy to get a headache listening to them.
Yeah, because you start thinking about their fans.
>>
>>60565702
I'm hoping that it happens, but I've been hearing about a new Tool album since I was in 7th grade (I turned 18 in September). I know how much bullshit has been going on behind the scenes between lawsuits and Maynard living up to the band's namesake. I know that they haven't been working on it constantly and I'm going to treat it like I did Strangers To Ourselves. In the case of that album, it seemed to me like many people were basing it on the idea that they had been working on it consistently since We Were Dead, which is an absolutely stupid idea. It's the same case now. I'm not hyped up for it, just fucking waiting. I consider myself a fan of Tool in a sense that I've listened to all of their shit and I enjoy it. I don't think that Maynard or whoever is some philosophical wizard or something, I don't think they're the greatest musicians on the planet (they're damn good in my eyes, but not the best), and I don't put them on a pedestal. I just enjoy their shit and I hope their upcoming stuff is good to me like their past stuff is/has been.
>>
>the comments on this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64LnAIC9RWo
Fucking embarrassment
>>
>>60565953
lmao
>>
>>60565702
Very same-y, but I still dig it. Hoping to see them on this tour with Primus.
>>
I hope that there isn't a new album.
Undertow, Ænima, Lateralus, they're all classics. 10,000 Days was weird but it was still a very strong album for the most part.
Since Maynard obviously cares more about winemaking and fucking Puscifer, his involvement in any new Tool material will be out of obligation. God knows what the others are doing, Adam Jones seems like the only one with any interest in the project anymore, since Justin and Danny haven't been heard from in forever outside of drum clinics and shit.
A band with such a great record shouldn't fuck everything up with a disappointing last album. There's no way it will be on par with the others at this time, so I think they should either break up while they're still "ahead", or stop fanning the new album flames.
>>
>>60565953
lel
>>
File: YaBoyLilB.jpg (17 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
YaBoyLilB.jpg
17 KB, 500x500
>>60565953
I shouldn't have laughed this hard at something so stupid.
>>
File: 1433388951220.jpg (11 KB, 450x355) Image search: [Google]
1433388951220.jpg
11 KB, 450x355
>>60565953
>>
>>60569176
they sucked after undertow lmao just a bunch of whiny "philosophical" crap
>>
>>60565953
hahahahahahahahaha A+ post man i read it twice where can i upvote you
>>
Their music is Magical.

It took me a long time to get into and understand what all the admiration was about, but after I've finally broken into it...it's like their music is on an entirely different level. I started out on Opiate, I listened to it once, didn't get much out of it. Then I saw Escape From LA, and the director John Carpenter uses the song "Sweat" to perfect effect in the beginning of the film, and it just haunted me. I listened to Opiate again and it's like every time I listened to it, it eerily got better and better and became one of my favorite albums in a very short period of time.

Next I listened to Lateralus. Once again, didn't think much of it. Seemed like Tool was just experimental and overrated. Then listened to it again the next day... and it's like something unlocked in my mind overnight. The album was brilliant, amazing, and beautiful. It continued to get bigger and more incredible the more I listened to it. I've probably listened to it 50 times since then.

Yesterday, listened to Aenima. Remember feeling disappointed that it was no Lateralus. Listened again today, and it's brilliant, haunting, and marvelous. Tool does something I've never heard before; It's like they're playing with the very properties of music to set up something you can't understand at first, then blow your mind with a musical idea that couldn't have been understood or expressed in just a few playthroughs. Their music engages you on a spiritual level and shows you things you didn't know existed. If you don't like Tool, it's not because they're "overrated" or not as good as you've heard, it's because you haven't been enlightened. The best way to listen to them is to accept that the music is excellent and you're in good hands musically. If you try to judge it like you do most music, it will prevent you from understanding.
>>
>>60565953
hahahahaha
>>
>>60573316
They're absolutely taking their time with it, so I don't see why people worry like this. They're not the type to release shit.
>>
>>60566818
>only 5

> :-(
>>
>>60565953
>11 minute soft rock dronefest
lost
>>
File: 1377129245228.gif (2 MB, 200x143) Image search: [Google]
1377129245228.gif
2 MB, 200x143
>>60571877
didn't realize this was a cringe thread
>>
>>60571268
THAT CLAIMED THAT HE
WAS OGT
BACK IN '92
FROM THE FIRST EP
>>
>soft rock dronefest tbhlads
>>
>>60565702
holy shit that sucked
>>
>>60565953
holy fuck lol
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.