[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the most overrated album of 2015?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: cover.png (492 KB, 807x807) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
492 KB, 807x807
Is this the most overrated album of 2015?
>>
why? it's good
>>
>>60564767
Yes, YES!
>>
Arca has always sucked dick (and not literally)
>>
saying things like these whilst to pimp a butterfly exists ...
>>
nah, its apporpriately rated
>>
wow that cover is awful
>>
yeah, I see people putting him in the same category as opn in terms of both popularity and quality. what kind of bizaroo world are those people living in.
>>
>>60564894
this, THIS!

So much fucking this!
>>
>>60564907
Calm yourself
>>
>>60564808
>>60564907
did I miss a new meme language?
>>
>>60564945
yes, YES!

aWESP,ME
>>
>>60564879
yeah the cover is so bad
>>
>>60564966
Yes, you did, in fact!
>>
>>60564966
no, it's just yes but like THIS!

you know, it symbolizes agreeing hard with a statement.
>>
>>60564838
I bet you think you're pretty cool for posting that
;)
>>
hey is tjis guy really adamNtly gay like does he force gay lyricism and gay agenda into his music
>>
worst album cover of the year, no doubt. looks like a shitty claymation of the pick of destiny.
>>
Quality thread guys
>>
also a tin TEARDROP!
>>
what are the proper names?

Gratitud or Gratitude?
Siren or Siren Interlude?
>>
>>60566480
following the real release on itunes amazon and arcas website

its
gratitud

and
siren interlude

but i don't care

i don0t plan on deleting my scrobbles
>>
File: c&l.jpg (539 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
c&l.jpg
539 KB, 1200x1200
>>60564767

No, this is.
>>
I'm on sinner and its actually really great. A lot of the melancholy shit from xen but depth and beatfuckery like &&&&&&& which was my introduction to him anyway. TPAB, Travis Scott Jamie xx, sufjan, and a lot of other albums have been a lot more overrated than this. Garden of delete was good too, fite a nigga
>>
>>60566584
this worst fucking album ever (sufjan is better)
>>
>>60566584
ill kill ur family m8 baka tbqh
>>
listening first time to this and i find the texturies great but it feels like he cant write a melody for shit tho mutant has first arca tracks that i like

eh
>>
>>60567898
>he cant write a melody for shit
just because he doesn't beat you over the head with it people think this.
>>
what is the ARTIST!?
>>
>>60566584
Go fuck yourself, you tasteless piece of shit
>>
>>60570034

>people who like Carrie & Lowell
>having taste

pick one
>>
>>60570191
What's your AOTY?
>>
>>60570304

Universal Themes by Sun Kil Moon, which is basically the same thing as C&L except actually good and not pretentious/cheesy.
>>
>>60570374
Do you find your contrarian opinions affect your ability to relate to people
>>
File: universal themes metacritic.png (66 KB, 689x348) Image search: [Google]
universal themes metacritic.png
66 KB, 689x348
>>60570694

>liking Universal Themes
>contrarian
>>
>>60570612
but he becomes so derivative of the people hes around IRL that its annoying, obv dont know the but he seems like some sort of leech in the queer/underground/club world, some bites from total freedom here some bites from lorenzo senni there some bites from lotic here some bites from m.e.s.h. there
>>
I'm halfway in to the first song and it's already AOTY
>>
>tfw the exotic sounding Front Load that evokes classic Autechre and Warp IDM
>tfw the frenzied polyrhythms and bombastic sampling on Umbilical
>tfw the stuttering bass En that violently shakes everything in the room and perfectly captures the sound of a chaotic and unpredictable Live Electro Acoustic Improvisation set but still retains a degree of beauty
>tfw the quiet but very large and spacious palette cleansing that Extent provides before being launched into Enveloped
>tfw being completely enveloped by Enveloped's highly-saturated and rich synths

I think it is still underrated desu
>>
Similar to dean blunt these "releases" feel like unfinished songs. but arca is AMAZING live
so whatever

still think he is a great producer but can't write songs for shit

spira imo is best song. loved wound on xen too
>>
>>60564767
No
>>
>>60571312
>he is a great producer but can't write songs for shit
YES! THIS!

but for real, that's why he excels best as a collaborative producer (Kanye West, Bjork, FKA Twigs) and in the mixtape/mix format (&&&&&) for his solo work.

He is a really great curator of sonic ideas, sound palette and aesthetic but is not necessarily the best at composition and writing.

He is complementary with songwriters like Kanye West and Bjork that are really good at songwriting and can properly distill a track to its most important elements in an accessible format that provides a sense of completion and wholeness to the listener.

Arca just chucks everything together but doesn't necessarily tie-it together or polish it into a full, consistent and cohesive sounding track or album like his collaborators.
>>
>>60571624
To continue: what artists like Bjork and West benefit from by collaborating with Arca is in the search for true innovation in music: the radical sonic ideas, influences and samples he brings to the table that they use as sonic fascinators.
>>
>>60565037
I bet you think you're pretty cool for posting that
;)
>>
>>60571624
you sound like ynthony fantano

dumb
>>
Anyone else here think Arca is a ghost producer for Death Grips?
>>
>>60571883
kill youtdel
>>
>>60571814
Lol I've never watched any of Fantano's videos about Arca
>>
>>60564767
you mean overall or just within /mu/?
>>
lol classic contrarian predictability.
>album comes out
>mu loves it
>critiques love it
>mu hates it
>>
>>60572149
/mu/ isn't one person
>>
this desu senpai
>>
File: Arca-Mutant.jpg (72 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
Arca-Mutant.jpg
72 KB, 620x620
It's almost as if they specifically chose this color tone so it would blend (nearly) seamlessly into /mu/'s background.
>>
>>60572169
nice strawman. read /mu/ as the majority of /mu/
>>
>>60572527
>album is called /mu/tant
what did you expect?
>>
>>60572556
i was actually wondering about this the other day. opn's new album has a song called mutant standards too.. kind of interesting
>>
>>60572169
didn't you here? /mu/ is just memethony fantano samefagging on different devices. That's the way its been since about 2009
>>
>>60572556

It's not just pointing the finger at them, but the fact that a band would set out to do something like this.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.