[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sonic Youth General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 157826006_8c74df242b_z.jpg (229 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
157826006_8c74df242b_z.jpg
229 KB, 640x636
Let's talk about 'm. I dont see them very often on this board. Currently obsessed with Evol, what do you guys think of it?
>>
>>60562903
this board only cares about phony indie and meme rap
>>
Death To Our Friends and Shadow Of A Doubt are GOAT
>>
>>60562903
Evol is their best, Sister is great as well.
>>
There are three thread with Daydream Nation right now

DDN, EVOL and Murray St are best.
A Thousand Leaves is their worst
>>
>>60563012
Nah, Experimental Jet Set is their worst m8
>>
>>60563067
yo that album is gr8 m8
>>
>>60563012
didnt see them, my bad. but still.. a general is always nice
>>
the locked groove at the end of the vinyl version of EVOL is GOAT
>>
>>60562903
Great, like everything they did in the 80s
I don't like Sister that much though
>>
File: ut2PG[2].png (80 KB, 500x408) Image search: [Google]
ut2PG[2].png
80 KB, 500x408
>>60563585
>not liking Sister
>>
Honest question, why are they considered so innovative? I listened to some of their albums, and though I liked most of them, I don't get why they are considered one of the most innovative band of all times by some people.
Also, how did they get so big while being experimental?
>>
>>60563772
Which albums did you listen to?
>>
>>60563012
>A Thousand Leaves is their worst
I think it's one of their best. Sunday, Karen Koltrane, Hits of Sunshine are fantastic songs, and the entire album has a special part-dreamy, part-melancholy, part-troubled mood I really like... The one fault I can find with it is that it's too long.

>>60563585
>I don't like Sister that much though
Yeah, I like its style but almost all the tracks I really like from that period are on EVOL or Daydream Nation.
>>
>>60562903
favourite album by them
>>
>>60564073
EVOL, Daydream Nation, Goo and Sister
>>
>>60564448
shit, meant to quote >>60564023
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.