[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WORST SHOWS THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 11
File: photo_livemusic.jpg (98 KB, 477x268) Image search: [Google]
photo_livemusic.jpg
98 KB, 477x268
MUSICIANS: What's the worst show you've ever played (for reasons in or out of your control)?

SHOW-GOERS: What's the worst show you've ever been to (for reasons in or out of your control)?

I was in this stupidly big band that needed multiple cars to tour and we once drove seven hours to a house show that nobody came to see. The host was nice enough to book it (it was at his parents' house) but we made something like 30 bucks and I'm pretty sure it was from out of his pocket. Also, one of the only people who showed up who wasn't already on the bill was this drunk crust punk kid with a smelly dog.
>>
Neon Indian: half-hearted show when playing in hometown Dallas, opening for Purity Ring. Quit on the show early to go "see his friends".

Grimes: Saw at the first Index Festival, while admittedly only hearing a few of her tracks beforehand. I ended up walking away from her set to poop and buy a beer, still got back for the last few songs. Pretty much pressed the spacebar, sang off key, and danced. Big whoop.

Cold War Kids: At the second Index Festival they were a headliner, played decently, I guess. Most of their music is mediocre to begin with. The part that pissed me off is when they played "Mexican Dogs" completely devoid of the guitar line that made that song iconic.

Xiu Xiu: I guess this one wasn't so bad as it was weird, even for Xiu Xiu. When opening for SWANS, Jamie Stewart, and Jamie Stewart alone, came on stage, played a 20ish minute improvisational drone/minimal piece that sounded like a spaceship starting up, then left. This would be been a nice opener if it had either been longer, or more involved. Was pretty upset that I did not get to see the whole band, or any of their songs. But idk I guess it was alright.

The rest of the memorably bad shows I've been to are local, no-name acts, or I just don't remember. I have a tendency to drink a bit much sometimes.
>>
>>60560385
I went to see United Nations live once in a small bar and got punched a few times in the crowd by 'hardcore dancers'
>>
Kings of Leon: At a festival, wasn't looking forward to them at all, went because of friends. Absolutely no thrills during the entire concert. Band members were just standing there like it was an office job, no smiles, no cheers, no interaction with the crowd. just played the hits very badly and out of sync and left.

Modest Mouse: One of my favourite bands, but a show ent terribly wrong. For some reason Isaac Brock's microphone wasn't quite working, you oculdn't hear him sing. this irritated isaac and he was messing around with the instruments trying to tune them during the show. for some reason it just didn't work and he became so frustrated that he smashed his guitar on some boxes and cursed and refused to play anymore. The band members were clearly upset by this and they walked of stage. it took 45 minutes for them to come back, play three acoustic songs and left.
>>
>>60560903
So basically, United Nations was a bad show because some beta got hit in the face.

>>60560966
Shame how KoL has gone down the path of mainstream. The first two albums were great garage rock. How they went from that, to arena pop-rock is beyond me, but I do admire the irony of going from garage to arena. KoL seems so uninspired now, and they definitely don't seem to be enjoying it anymore.
I wonder when their contract with RCA end? I expect a big bounce-back when that happens.
>>
>>60560876
It seems like Jamie is sort of a wild card. When I saw him he was supposed to be performing as Sal Mineo at a festival, but it was just him doing an improvised noise thing for like 20 minutes, then everyone rushed out of there to get to Merzbow on time.
>>
>>60560385
When I was much younger, I was in a band with several kids around my age. They were 15-16, I was the youngest at 14. We had been looking for a drummer for a long time until we found this 20-something year old slacker dude who was chill (or desperate) enough to jam with a bunch of high schoolers.

We mostly played house shows and teenage shit like that, until one day drummer guy says he got us a gig at an actual venue. Naturally we were all excited.

Come the day of the show, we go to the venue for the first time and find it to be a run down bar downtown where our audience consists mostly of dadrockers in their thirties. We really didn't know what to expect but didn't expect this.

So here we are, a bunch of teenagers playing edgy nine inch nails covers and shit, something our 'audience' clearly was not digging. We ended up booed off the stage and felt like shit afterwards.

So that's the worst show I played. At least drummer bro got us beer afterwards.

As far as the worst show I've seen it would have to be seeing Rise Against when I was dating this wannabe punk girl and she made me go. I wasn't really digging the vibe, and most people in the audience were either preteens and their moms, and visibly out of place balding men.
>>
>>60561509
That is a bit obnoxious. :/
I admittedly would have left for Merzbow, too.
>>
saw The Black Eyed Peas in an arena once.
>>
>>60561881
also, LMFAO was the opener, before most anyone knew who they were.

then there was a surprise performance by Ludacris before BEP came out
>>
>>60561901
Hey at least you saw Luda.
>>
Sufjan's Xmas thing was a hot mess but everybody was pretty liquored up because it was Sufjan and Xmas so it didn't matter.
>>
>>60561188
Didn't say it was bad. I loved the performance, but It was annoying getting hit by strangers.
>>
>>60562810
Pretty much how I felt when my friend bought me a ticket to BTBAM and Animals As Leaders.
>>
I was dragged by my buddy to see Blur at Madison Square Garden recently. Being up close to the front of the crowd was the funniest thing. There were only like 400 - 600 people there (MSG is 20,000+ capacity). Several people up front were trashing them, calling them cunts and cursing them out. One guy showed up with "Blur: are shite" shirts and tried to fight security members to get on stage and heckle the band.

As far as their set goes, the band came on late and played mainly songs from Parklife (the only Blur album I've ever heard). The singer sounded like he was a constipated 80 year old, the guitar was all out of tune and I couldn't even hear the bass. None of the band members seemed to be enjoying themselves and they repeatedly made mistakes. The only songs I recognized were Song 2, Girls and Boys, and Parklife, all of which were butchered miserably. The rest of the songs were very boring and sounded the same. The sound was far too quiet for the gig and most people around us began having a conversation. A lot of the crowd left after Parklife and even more so after Song 2, it seemed like there were probably less than 100 hardcore fans in an audience. The show closer was an anti-climax and singer walked off the second the show was done and the rest of the band shortly followed suit, no acknowledgement of the fans, whatsoever.
>>
I saw George Clinton and what remains of Parliament 3 years ago and it was him smoking weed the whole time rapping over a blues guitar solo with his niece that I thought was a man until the end of the show
>>
>>60563263
why the fuck would people hxc mosh to either of those bands? I understand going to Merauder or something and getting hit, but those don't even make sense.
>>
>>60560876
Ayyy what's up fellow Dallas boy! What do you think of the Spillover line-up? Who's your favorite band from Dallas, Denton, and Fort Worth? Are there any good local labels besides Dreamy-Life (they're alright but I feel like there should be a better label in the area)?
>>
>>60563394
yikes.... somebody probably lost a lot of money on that one..
>>
>>60563486
BTBAM has some breakdowns. I've seen a lot of hardcore dancers at their shows over the years. AaL i can't see though.
>>
File: swag.png (388 KB, 465x683) Image search: [Google]
swag.png
388 KB, 465x683
Deafheaven: There was this one little fuck who had his old navy hoodie tied around his waist and who was being the most annoying person ever throughout the entire show. And then during the encore he got on stage and stagedove onto my head, giving me a concussion. Otherwise, the show was great. But he fucking ruined it, along with his asshat friends.
>>
>>60560385
Worst show I've ever played: I opened for Zomes (guitarist from Lungfish's side project) a couple months ago and the sound system started smoking and started a small fire in the middle of my set. It would have been really cool, if there was any sound coming out.
>>
>>60563599
Not that I support stagediving or people who enable their friends to do stupid shit, but how did you not see him coming and move out of the way? If he was on stage and you already hated him at that point, would you not have been looking out for him and purposefully moved away from where he was diving?
>>
>>60561188
>Shame how KoL has gone down the path of mainstream. The first two albums were great garage rock. How they went from that, to arena pop-rock is beyond me, but I do admire the irony of going from garage to arena. KoL seems so uninspired now, and they definitely don't seem to be enjoying it anymore.
>I wonder when their contract with RCA end? I expect a big bounce-back when that happens.
this is the cringiest fucking sentence i've ever read on this board. "how they went from garage rock to arena pop-rock is beyond me" maybe they felt like making millions of dollars and saw the opportunity and took it? "I expect a big bounce-back when that happens" what are you talking about? You think they'll go back to making no money and garage rock to please some fucking tripfag on the internet? Could you sound any more "16-year-old that just got into punk rock" edginess? Fuck.
>>
>>60560385
Deafheaven were super underwhelming when I saw them. Also disappointed that they played to a backing track.

Beach Fossils was super boring.. I actually left early. Just no stage presence or dynamics at all. Same with Male Bonding..

Crowdwise I think the worst is Grimes. People were dancing / bouncing to the songs and the venue was oversold and jam packed, and one of my friends got accused of sexual harassment because he was jumping up and down, along with most of the other crowd, and some girl in front of him didn't like that. It was really, really fucking annoying. No groping, no grinding, it was just a packed venue.
>>
>>60561509
His modular synth noise stuff is really great, though it's hardly what I'd want to hear from him if I saw him play too.
>>
I went to Warped Tour like 3 years ago to see I Fight Dragons. A lot of shitty people and hardcore posers there made it pretty bad. Tolerated my girlfriend's shitty pop-punk music taste all day to get to this set and she threw up during the set so I had to miss the set to go buy an $8 bottle of water.

I went to see J. Cole's FHD2014 and it rained so they started the show 2 hours late and had everyone wait under the gazebo thing and we were sardined with a group of high school memers yelling "WHAT ARE THOSE" for like an hour because people had rain ponchos on.
>>
>>60560385
I saw Ariel Pink last week and let's just say it was interesting.
>>
>>60563650
No I gotchu, I saw him and he was gonna jump to the right of me, I turned away for a second, and when I turned back he was inches away from me and b o o m. I was concussed ;_;
>>
Best Coast in 2011. It was total amateur hour and a complete shambles. The state of that lady.

Of Monsters and Men last week. They were competent performers but man if their music isn't just the worst. Went for my gf's birthday and she really enjoyed it at least. [spoiler]We broke up yesterday[/spoiler]
>>
>>60563723
>a group of high school memers yelling "WHAT ARE THOSE" for like an hour because people had rain ponchos on.
i'm really sorry you had to experience that
>>
>>60563394
Oh wow lol why am I not even surprised
>>
>>60563394
Lying on the internet
>>
Went to a Maroon 5 show with my girlfriend last year even though I don't like them very much and pop music in general. I didn't knew who was opening and it turned out to be Rozzi Crane first and Magic! after. Rozzi Crane was totally shitty, she texted and twitted during her show and she left the stage when she finished singing and texting while the musician were still playing. Her music was shit too.
Magic!, even though I don't like them did a good performance, very dynamic and heated the crowd for Maroon 5.
The main band was also good, very dynamic and a lot of light play. One time the mic was down so they filled the waiting during the technical problem with an acoustic song. The only thing I really hated during the show was that more than half of the crowd was on their phone during the entirety of the show. Even the band got tired of that and asked the crowd to put down their phone just for one song and nobody cared. The bitch in front of us was especially annoying by taking a fucking selfie every 5 minutes.
Overall the 2/3 bands were good and the rest was shit.
>>
Probably insonium opening for children of bodom. The sound technician fuvked up so bad we heard no lead guitar or vocals. Really shitty
>>
Neil Young & Crazy Horse in 2012
I love Neil Young
>>
>>60563672
Hahaha damn nigga got triggered.

I just expect them to enjoy making music and make better shit when RCA and KoL's producers aren't around anymore. So very cringey, oooh.
>>
File: bird.png (311 KB, 665x593) Image search: [Google]
bird.png
311 KB, 665x593
I can only recall having played one bad show, and it had nothing to do with my band. The set was awesome, but the management was absolute garbage in every way. They kept telling everyone one thing when it was actually another, had no idea who was booked where on the bill, and were in general very mean and unnecessarily bossy to the other two bands we were playing with. It was a mess. It was at a venue we'd never had problems with before either.

As for shows I've been to I've been fortunate there too. I would say Children of Bodom/The Black Dahlia Murder. A high school friend dragged me to that one. The only reason I went was because BtBaM opened and played Colors and a bit of Alaska too so that was great. The rest of the show was awful though.
>>
>>60563486
It was just bunch of edgy highschoolers who wanted an excuse to mosh.

>>60563531
Pm just dreamy-life.
I just looked at Spillover's lineup and decided I would go. It isn't the greatest line-up, but seeing Viet Cong, JEFF the brotherhood, Iceage, All Them Witches, and alvvays for 33$ isn't a bad deal.
>>
File: AL6rsAM.jpg (95 KB, 500x748) Image search: [Google]
AL6rsAM.jpg
95 KB, 500x748
My first cover band wasn't doing too well, but we got booked at a fairly large venue (probably 500-700 cap) as the opener for three other bands that ended with a locally famous metal band. We were expected to sell tickets to get paid and we kept something like $3 or $5 per ticket, but we'd mainly be pushing the people we're opening for, cause who's going to pay to see a bar band?

A week before the show, every band canceled except us. Our singer said we were offered the full night as a regular bar gig (4 hours), but we had to continue selling tickets for it in order to come anywhere close to getting our usual bar pay ($100 a man). Everyone but him said fuck no, but we decided to just go with it because we couldn't get another gig short notice.

Night of the gig and, big surprise, no one's fucking there except a few friends and such. However, the singer's girlfriend at the time brought her little sister. She was 18 or 19 I think, had huge tits, and seemed interested in me. She scooted right up to me when I sat down at her table and we started just talking and having a good time. However, I noticed she was drinking a few mixed drinks at the same time and was repeatedly given shots throughout the night. She assured me she knew what she was doing.

We go on stage and have a pretty decent night, even without a crowd (our friends cheered loud enough to compensate, which was very nice). After second set, I'm outside with big tits girl in front of her just shooting the shit. I can tell she looks even worse and get an instinct to move away. No sooner than I do, projectile vomit all over where I was. I spaghetti'd hard out of there, especially after she started talking about her boyfriend.

End of the night, we collect our pay ($120 total; singer doesn't even take his cut, gives the three of us $40 each, not that bad honestly), and I go to Del Taco. While in the drive-thru, the guitarist texts us all and says he quits, as does the drummer. RIP band. RIP big tits.
>>
>>60563531
Oh also, This Will Destroy You is probably my favorite local act, even though half of them are from San Marcos.
Also, New Fumes is pretty cool live.
>>
The worst show I ever played at was when I started getting into music when I was a little kid. No one cared, but I thought it was cringey that I played Ode To Joy on the recorder and actually messed up halfway through.

Likewise, my first concert I ever went to was my worst. I saw Kiss play some boring music I didn't care for and I got sick on some food that was extremely greasy.

I think both events happened in fourth grade in the spring.
>>
>>60560385
Went to see System of a down with a friend. The opening bands were, "bad acid trip" and "Mars volta"
Bad acid trip were horrendously lame, and the best part was when the lead singer was jumping up and down, he went to knee tuck and missed the landing. He slipped and face planted. It was funny as hell.
Mars-fucking-volta though, was easily one of the worst bands I have ever heard play. They would play a "song" which sometimes any one of the musicians would just stop playing and walk around leaving this awkward empty space in what you could venture to call music in some other reality. Then their transitions, oh lord the transitions... imagine a bunch of teenagers on stage who JUST learned how to play their instruments. You could literally not tell when they were moving from "song" to "song". In short it was just a cacophony the whole time. I had to walk out of the stadium to let my ears rest but could still hear... It was really really terrible.

There were some other opening bands at one dropkick Murphys show that were really bad, but by standard they get some good ones. One year though they did a pool concert at the hard rock in vegas. The venue made it the worst show ever. You couldn't see them from 90% of the area. It was cold, so you wouldnt want to go in the pool, terrible outdoor sound. It made me upset because i usually make it a point to go to their shows and that one just sucked.

BONUS!
Best shows: Ghost (B.C.), they are excellent performers and the music was super well mixed, plus their fan base are all seemingly great people. It was awesome.
Nekrogoblikon: They just rocked it so hard in this tiny little venue, I had a blast.
>>
>>60564456
Fucking pleb.
>>
>>60563394
stop posting this copypaste. None of this happened.
>>
>>60562616
what kind of stuff did he play?
>>
tune-yards

it was pure fucking torture for me but the crowd seemed to be into it. guess i was the odd one out in a sea of college liberal hipsters
>>
>>60564636
Their stuff is pretty good, but I saw a professionally recorded video of a set they did, and my god was it shit.
I've had the chance to see them twice for next to nothing, but decided it wouldn't be worth the drive and time.
>>
>>60564491
I'm unsure what you're point is. If your suggesting that because I listed fairly popular bands somehow means I lake depth in musical taste, your sample is quite small and hasty. Not everyone lives where a lot of bands play, so its not like this actually gives a outline of what music i like.

Also this may or may not be relevant to your point but, I see people on here all the time who act like the more obscure their musical tastes are or 'unknown' the bands they like are, the better it is... which is simply not true. Lots of contrarian little teenagers in here.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (255 KB, 1900x1200) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
255 KB, 1900x1200
>>60564777
trips of innocence.
>>
I saw shinedown when I was like 12 at a county fair in Michigan.
It was just shite momrock and boaring as fuck.

On the other hand, I saw muse and it was an amazing show.
>>
Worst show I've ever been to was this horrible Nine Inch Nails show in Morrison, Colorado in 2014. I went because my friend is a die hard NIN fan and thinks that Trent Reznor is a complete badass. I went to make him happy as it was his bday. The original openers didn't come, so Five Finger Death Punch and a horrible Metallica cover band had to replace them as the venue owner that came on stage said "You guys like hard music? Well here's some really hard as fuck music!!!"

The Metallica cover band was composed of a 4 ugly white guys in their early 20s who smelled profusely of beer, piss, vomit, and wore Hot Topic band t shirts with dandruff, cigarette ash, and believe it or not dog shit smeared on them. The lead singer was this tall, lanky guy ridden with ache that looked like a pedophile from Dateline. But holy shit they were absolutely terrible. The guitarist stopped playing in the middle of their cover of One during the solo to threaten to cut the audience members with glass bottles as they were booing. Some guy in the mosh pit with fucking baggy ass purple Jnco Jeans, an Insane Clown Posse shirt, and long, unwashed, dumpster smelling dreads with razors tied in them took some meth and started moshing really hard, bumping into people and cutting them with his razor blades from flailing his hair around. Security tried to drag him out and had to wear protective gloves to avoid cutting themselves. They fought him until he was on the floor bleeding profusely and having a seizure. The opener then quit after that, but threw Faygo and shit at the crowd before flipping them off.
Five Finger Death Punch made me want to die. These morbidly obese guys took their shirts off, sweat till they were red hot and smelled like truck driver B.O., and kept complaining that the venue didn't have enough food. They then tried stage diving but broke a few peoples necks and they had to be dragged out. The band stopped playing half way through their set. NIN didn't appear.
>>
The Mars Volta are fucking amazing but they are pretty hit or Miss live. I got one of the Miss shows.
>>
>>60564998
That sounds so bad I would pay just to see it
>>
I went to a Slipknot show that was ruined when some homeless guy on meth started rubbing shit on me
>>
>>60563486

hatemoshing is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>60560385
Eagles of Death Metal in Paris. Shit was fucking terrible, people kept shooting up the place.
0/10 would not travel again
>>
99% of local "mixed genre" shows.

All it means is 8/10 bands are pop punk/hardcore/genericore and then they throw an acoustic act, and your band on it.
>>
My cousin almost got killed at an REO Speedwagon show at Desert Diamond Casino in Tucson, AZ. Some drunk asshole kept throwing beer bottles filled with piss at the stage which annoyed this biker guy at the front so much that he whipped out a gun and tried to shoot him. He accidentally shot my cousin in the arm and he left. The band stopped playing only 3 songs into their set because of this
>>
>>60560385
saw drive like jehu at riot fest a few months back, their set was pretty cool, but the entire thing just basically devolved into harsh wall noise by the end of it.
>>
TOOL

$75 ticket
literally boring as shit
I don't know why people shit themselves over this softrock dronefest
>>
This one guy at a Korn show tried finger banging this random chick which started her bro of a boyfriend beating the shit out of him in the mosh pit. They dragged him out but later some drunk guy throw a shoe with a cum rag in it at my head and screamed "fuck you piece of shit" for no reason at all. I was only there cause my mom made me go with my little 12 year old cousin who thinks they are the best band in the world.
>>
Some guy at a Disturbed concert in Dallas shit his pants, took them off, then threw them at the lead singer Dave Draiman's face because he was made that he wouldn't play Down With The Sickness. It was covered in shit, so he said "Fuck this venue. we are never playing here again. I hope you all get fucked and die." and the band quit playing only 5 songs into the set.
>>
I saw swans live a while ago, their show was pretty good until some dude who was obviously tripping balls got up on stage said with outstreched arms "I love you michael gira" and tried to hug him, Gira basically grabbed the dude and threw him to the ground and shoved him off the stage. The dude walked by me when security was taking him out and he looked super fucking sad, kinda killed the whole vibe
>>
>>60565621
You're telling me that wasn't a highlight of the show?
>>
Well everyone knows that movie school of Rock, they actually have those. It's a pretty cool environment, they have different themed shows, a bunch of kid sign up, you rehearse once a week for like three months and then get to play two shows. It was overall a great experience, getting on stage and playing for people from the time I was like 10 or 11. Some of the songs went awry tho. I remember I was in a Beatles show and we were playing magical mystery tour, I was the guitarist. The drummer had only showed up to like 3 rehearsals and had no fucking clue what she was doing. Whenever the song was supposed to speed up she would start playing really relaxed and slow, throwing everyone off. When it was supposed to slow down she would for some reason get really intense and hit every drum as fast and hard as she could. For some reason the vocals were also muffled by the drums, and to top things off my guitar strap broke in the middle of the song. Not knowing what to do but knowing I couldn't stop playing , I just went down on one knee and played the rest of the song kneeling
>>
>>60565621

I can't imagine acid-love being ruined, it sounds soul crushing.
>>
>>60564245
>TBDM
>bad
Come on son.
>>
>>60564456
>Ghost
I agree. Saw them in October, kicked fucking ass. Easily one of the best shows I've been to.
>>
>>60565849
I used to go to one of those too. Our teacher/manager somehow got us a gig at a semi-pro hockey game. We played right by the door so the first thing you would see when you walked in was us. I was the only one in the program who wasn't an edgy kid who was trying to be "punk rock" so that meant I'm the only one who cared how our shows went. Our bassist was tuned to drop C for some reason and played all the songs on the frets she would use if she was in standard. She didn't even try to modulate. Everybody else just went with and played like normal. They didn't give a shit about modulating either. After the show I rage quit the program and haven't talked to any of them since
>>
Yo La Tengo

I'll start by saying it wasn't their fault, and I don't even know if they noticed.
I saw them in philly, for the first time ever at the TLA. Through out the show I could tell the sound guy had the bass turned up too much. It ruined a few quieter songs because the bass overpowered everything. I laughed my ass off when they closed with The Story of Yo La Tango and blew out a speaker.
>>
File: Capture.png (85 KB, 164x265) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
85 KB, 164x265
>>60565445
>softrock dronefest
>>
>>60566100
>>60564456
Yeah Ghost is fucking amazing live.
Papa is a great entertainer and the feeling when everybody chants the chorus of "Year Zero" is just amazing
>>
>>60564998
I can only hope you're being serious because that sounds way too fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>60565605

underrated post
>>
>>60563738
Deets.

When I saw him he claimed he was sick, so the show was slightly low-key. He did go off on some rants though.
>>
>>60560385

Metallica. Everything see seemed far too choreographed, overdone. Lars was a fucking shit on drums, with it being Leed fest too the setlist was more of a greatest hits; rather than the ones proper fans would know.
>wish I stayed for the rest of Ghost
>half the people in the tent they were playing left because they clashed with Metallica
>>
>>60560903
>hawcowe dancing to skramz
>>
Full Of Hell stopped playing after 15 minutes because of a soccer match on TV
>>
Ho99o9 a few days ago. Nah played before them and honestly blew them away, he's like a one-man version of death grips with a twist. Then Ho99o9 came on and were so fucking corny, sort of like what I imagine Odd Future would've looked like a few years down the line. When they started to 'rap' over Dead Kennedy's California über alles and didn't include the bridge (with the buildup, best part of the song), instead looping back to the chorus, we walked out.
>>
>>60567916
I'm not shocked, they're edgy bores where if you've heard 10 seconds you've heard it all.
>>
>>60565424
That sounds rad tho
>>
File: 1406974343563.png (274 KB, 328x392) Image search: [Google]
1406974343563.png
274 KB, 328x392
>>60565368
>and your band
>>
>>60567916
What type of shit did Nah do live? I assume from your description it was Light as Fuck style stuff, but honestly it seems like he changes his style pretty rapidly between releases. Is he still going with the vapor-y instrumentals?
>>
I was invited to be in a band by a friend when I was in high school and the second show of the two we played was basically so bad the band broke up. The bassist didn't learn any of the parts, the only thing anyone else wanted to play was dadrock covers and the one original song "we" wrote was basically a bullshit pop-punk song with lyrics that you would guess were written by a 12-year-old who identifies as emo, my amp stopped working 5 minutes before the show, and our audience was about 20 people. I had to apologize to them all after one song because the bassist and other guitarist fucked it up so badly. I still get mad and embarrassed thinking about it.
>>
>>60565363
Kekek
>>
>>60568072
It was pretty funny; the stage was way too big for him and the crowd was only semienthusiastic (mostly typical berlin hipsters and white rap kids), though a few got into it and danced (no moshing tho). He had a sample pad, stood up to scream vocals now and then and played some insane drums. He was also genuinely humble and thanked everyone for coming and all that. Polar opposite to Ho99o9 imo.

There was some sample based stuff going on that was almost in a Daft Punk vein (which might be what you mean with vaporey). He played the entirety of Light as fuck plus a few older tracks. Hadn't ever heard him before. Bought a shirt and got a free album download with it too, so that was really cool.
>>
One time I was visiting downtown London and it started to rain, so i ducked into a local pub with some buddies. We saw these guys, they were trying to play something like old fashioned southern US Dixie in 4/4 time.

The guitarist seemed to know only the chords, but at least he knew all of them. it seemed as if he flatout refused to play anything but rhythm, he wouldn't let that poor old guitar wail. I couldn't blame him though, just by looking at him you could tell it was all he could afford.

The bassist was probably the worst. Whenever he would fuck up he would say, fairly audibly, "I don't need this, I have a day time job", and occasionally "I'm doing alright."

The worst part was that the band thought there were killing it, when in reality it was me and a few buddies and a group of kids dressed in weird fucking brown pants and platform shoes.

Cementing this whole experience was the leader singer. This guy thought that things couldn't have gone better. By closing time, he has stepped up to the microphone and started spewing some shit about "making it last with one more thing"

I think he told us the name of their band. If I remember correctly, I think they were the Sultans

>The Sultans of Swing
>>
File: 1447842097277.jpg (46 KB, 396x393) Image search: [Google]
1447842097277.jpg
46 KB, 396x393
>>60568242
Jesus fucking christ
>>
File: 1348447566770.jpg (34 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
1348447566770.jpg
34 KB, 500x491
>>60568242
>>
File: 1448240625251.jpg (10 KB, 255x231) Image search: [Google]
1448240625251.jpg
10 KB, 255x231
>>60565027
I guess this is right. Everyone complains here about how cringeworthy they are but I've seen them live twice and loved both shows.

>>60560385
>worst show I played
used to play in a hardcore band when I was 16. get to the venue, set the amps and drums, start soundcheck. venue guy comes and asks if we can play something hipper so ppl could dance. needless to say, we were not allowed to play that night.

>worst show I attended
motorhead. lemmy walked out of the stage after 2 songs. came back 10 minutes later with an oxygen tank saying he couldn't keep playing. people went nuts, looted the place and left the venue kicking the bass drum down the street.
>>
>>60560385
The worst show I've been to was probably The Arctic Monkeys. My brother encouraged me to go because he had a spare ticket - during a period where I had, as it later turned out- glandular fever. It wasn't a 'bad' show other than the fact that I had to stay in the most "aggressive" part of the crowd because if I'd stopped moving, I'd have probably passed out from exhaustion. Also, because the Arctic Monkeys are fucking shit. Even the support band (The Vaccines) were better and they got done over by whatever sound engineers had been hired for that night. The SECC is never kind of support bands for some reason.

Best show was probably The Twilight Sad, it was like a Swans show in the sense that there was a sheer wall of noise but in an even more intimate venue.
>>
>>60568434
>The Vaccines better than Arctic Monkeys
nah, AM was shit but Vaccines are shitterer.
>>
>>60568395
>motorhead. lemmy walked out of the stage after 2 songs. came back 10 minutes later with an oxygen tank saying he couldn't keep playing
Surely you're joking. I know Lemmy is literally about to die any second but you have to be kidding
>>
>>60560385
I dropped my mute and played like shit in general once.
>>
>>60568229
What album anon? He's released some shit in weird ways before, you might have gotten something unusual.
>>
>>60568764
It's "Light as fuck", two long (like 15 min) tracks basically
I prefer the tracks off his now compilation desu
>>
>>60568481
Nope, that happened.
The only article I can find about it states that they played for 50 minutes before the whole thing. It was a long tme ago but I'm pretty sure they played much less than that
http://www.elacople.com/wp/index.php/2004/05/12/caotico-show-de-motorhead/
>>
>>60568829
When I downloaded Light as Fuck it was free mate, that's fuckin wierd
>>
>>60568903
Lmao true
I guess it was just a way to promote it or something then
>>
>>60564777
Not them but they were probably mad that you roasted Mars Volta, alot of people here seem to like them.
>>
>>60565027
>tfw saw them at this concert
>tfw best concert I've ever been too
http://youtu.be/F2bYsvk6kLU
>>
mad decent block party brooklyn (i know) a couple years ago
took 2CB with my girlfriend at the time before going in. see destructo, was ok. we go to get water, she pukes all over and feels ill. i buy her a MDBP tshirt so she doesn't have to walk around in vomit shirt. we have to leave and there is no re-entry.
wander around the city tripping, the subway was fucking weird
also this was very early in so when we were leaving we had to walk past the huge line of people waiting to go in. the fact she was wearing a tshirt of the event made it weirder
>>
>get added to a tech-death show last minute after one of the local supporting bands dropped their spot
>since it was so last minute, my bandmates took that to mean the show didn't matter and spent hours drinking at the bar before our set
>while we were setting up our gear, I noticed the rhythm guitarist brought his busted Line 6 head
>he was supposed to borrow his friend's 5150
>he said his Line 6 started working again last night, and he was sure it was going to be fine
>fuck it, finish setting up and hope for the best
>our set opens with me leading everyone in with the intro riff
>the drummer is so drunk he miscounts and comes in a beat late and stops playing
>he expects the band to stop and restart, but eventually figures out that he's supposed to jump back in
>luckily he manages to find the beat and comes back in okay
>sure enough, on the next song the Rhythm Guitarist's line 6 starts fizzling out and clipping obnoxiously
>the sound guy turns him down and centers my guitar to try to make us sound less shitty
>it works for the most part until Rhythm Guitarist gets mad he can't hear himself, turns up his clipping amp, and hijacks the vocalist's mic in the middle of the song to tell the sound guy to turn him up
>after the song ends, sound guy tells him he can't turn him up, his amp is fucked
>we effectively play the rest of the show with him muted and sulkingly miming along to the songs
>the drunk bassist gets too into one of the songs and ends up knocking the mic on my cab over and one of the drummer's crashes down
>30 seconds of no guitar at all in the crowd speakers until sound guy comes up on stage and re-places the mic and the crash

Overall it was a shitshow, sloppy performances all around on top of all the major fuckups
>>
>>60568242
A A A A A A
>>
>>60569053
It is literally 50/50 here with The Mars Volta.
>>
>>60560903
At the Middle East in Boston? I saw the same shit there but I was on the side laughing at all those skinny white kids flailing their arms.
>>
>>60565206
Regardless of their quality as a band, Slipknot shows are usually pretty good, just stay the fuck out of the pit.
>>
>>60560385
My friend bought me a ticket to see Warpaint. The whole place was clouded with shitty weed. I thought the bassist was sexy and I sorta dug the drummer, but it was the most boring show I've ever been to in my life. Good thing I didn't pay for it.
>>
>>60565445
My friend saw Tool and fell asleep while they were playing
>>
I've been to somewhere around 100 shows in my life. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti-circa 2010 was one of the best shows I ever saw. Ariel Pink last year for Pom Pom was one of the worst I've ever seen.
>>
>>60570102
Why tho?
>>
>>60570192
Oh sorry. The first show, the band nailed every song and you could hear him clear as day and he sounded great.

The second show, I don't know if he was on something, but he kept making weird barely-audible comments to himself and laughing during the songs. Maybe 6-7 times he did this. It was a very sloppy show, which was weird to me, considering pom pom was a big hype train for him. The sound was all fucked up so you couldn't hear him very well over the band to begin with, but then he kept fucking up his songs with garbled nonsense.
>>
>>60570006
Warpaint is good but their albums tend to meander. When they do that slow shuffling stuff at festivals it kind of brings everything to a halt.
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.