[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gear and instruments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
I did not find any threads about gear and instruments. So i decided that this would be a nice add around these corners of the internet. What kind of gear and instruments YOU have. And what do you like about them?
>>
>>60560254
We have a gear and instruments thread every day.

It's called /GG/

Check the catalog, friendo.
>>
>>60560894
gg is possibly the worst general on this board. I say that as a guitar player
>>
yeah, if everyone that posts in /gg/ would just stay out of this thread that would be great
>>
>>60560254
>What kind of gear and instruments YOU have.
Garbage. All garbage.
>>
fender vintage jaguar into big muff fuzz pedal and memory man reverb pedal into orange rockerverb amp

Will post pics when I get home and also when I get a job so that I can buy all the things I just mentioned
>>
>>60560932
It used to be, but it's pretty based since most of the buttrockers went away
>>
I've been playing bass guitar for almost three months now and i want to start looking into some pedals to cop. I know i want a looping pedal, an overdrive and maybe an octaver but im not really sure what other pedals would be best to get first. What are some good beginner pedals if i'm going to be playing bass guitar as a lead with my friend on drums and synths? We're going to be experimenting with noise rock, post-punk, some synth pop, and maybe just fuck around with walls of sound. What pedals get you a really thick and "full" sound? I'm open to any suggestions, i really just need a starting point to start looking in to all this stuff.

Also how much does the quality in looping pedals vary? This one might be the most important for me. How many loops do the pedals typically allow you?
>>
>>60561430
check out effectsdatabase.com and look up loopers and you'll find info on all available models out there and specs etc.
>>
>>60561430
Get one of these.
http://www.infanem.com/secondvoice/
>>
>>60561480
This is really fuckin cool but i can't find the Deluxe one that you linked being sold anywhere. Where to cop? And are there any other pedals similar to this one but maybe a little cheaper?
>>
>>60561041
memory man is a delay senpai
>>
>>60561702
yeah, i think she stopped making them, but if you stay current checking the b/s/t threads on pedal forums like ilovefuzz.com or thegearpage.net or talkbass.com etc you'll probably be able to score on at good secondhand price. I've got the original version called Analogue Harmony Synth, was replaced by the Deluxe which added cv control. Its based on a pretty unique circuit call a PLL, or Phase Locked Loop. The original pedal that featured this was the Schumann PLL which are no longer made and go for over $2,000 if you are lucky to find one on the used market. Snazzy FX makes what is basically the schuman v2 with his Mini Ark, but he stopped making them athough he's hinted that he'll be offering them again in a smaller enclosure...they are HUGE boxes, I've got his whole lineup and they are incredible pedals. Also there is the Dimehead schumann pll clone, i've got this too and its a pretty straight clone of the schumann, you can contact the builder to make you one but they are at least $400 i think. There aren't really any other PLL based pedals except maybe the Mantix Flex Pro but its hard to get too.

All that said, the Infanem is pretty unique compared to the other schumann pll based pedals, they get pretty crazy sounds while the Infanem is more of a dual harmony pedal of sorts.
>>
>>60561910
that's mantic, not mantix. not 100% sure that its based on PLL circuit but the demo I heard of it seemed like it probably is.
>>
>>60560969
This
>>
>>60561910
thanks for the help! so much research to do..
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.