[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ insist that everyone should grow out of metal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 155678323_metalbands_xlarge.jpg (40 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
155678323_metalbands_xlarge.jpg
40 KB, 350x262
Why does /mu/ insist that everyone should grow out of metal?
>>
Because you should expand your taste, and considering that most new /mu/tants listen to metal, that would be a good advice.
The second step would be to listen to metal again, but the good kind of it, the kind of metal that isn't generic and actually plays new and interesting music.
>>
>dadrock

HAHHAHA SHUT UP OLD MAN

>When did you le grow out of le metal

HAHAHA SHUT UP YOUNG FAG

Mu are a bunch of contrarin retards
>>
>>60559693
Because metal is literally 'outsider's' first music despite the fact metal is mainstream
>>
It's because /mu/ is a bunch of contrarian douchebags who don't go outside to talk to people. If something has a shitty fanbase on the internet, they don't like it, regardless of quality.

Because of this, they believe that liking metal equates to being a child.
>>
>>60559952
>literally
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>60559960
Or maybe aggression, alienation and edginess plus most of metal 's subject matter (death, destruction, cult, drugs, hate) all appeal to children
>>
>>60559960
Speak for yourself
>>
>>60559960
By that logic they should hate /mu/core, /mu/tants are terrible people
>>
>>60560016
>aggression, alienation and edginess
these are appealing to children?
>>
Reddit likes it a lot, so we must hate it
>>
>>60560029
Terrible socialites, maybe
Maybe we all just hate unintelligible ambiguity, and all the idiot newfriends that bring that here along with their underdeveloped taste
>>
the people who say metal is for children are are usually bigger fedora's than the people they make fun of
>>
>>60560046
the ones inclined to listen to metal
>>
>>60560115
>My meme mastery will surely get em good
>>
Its because obnoxious metal head are real easy to make fun off.
>>
The fuck does it matter? If you like it, you like it. Don't let middle schoolers from Iowa and Poland dictate your tastes.
>>
>>60560029
/mu/ does hate /mu/core though. How long have you lurked this board?

>>60560016
>pigeonholing genres
All rap is memes, drugs, money, bitches, and gang violence too, right?
>>
>>60560517
Don't this highschooler from Alaska dictate your taste
>>
>>60559966
how new
>>
>>60560549
>memes
an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation
exactly, but they rap about rap too
>>
>>60559930
You're such a loser haha
>>
>>60559930
There's objectively more generic indie or hip hop than generic metal though
and /mu/ dickrides these genres
>>
>>60559693
it's a fucking meme you dip
>>
>>60559693
Because they are insecure
I actually grew into metal when I was 17 because I got bored of all the alternative and indie rock I listened to
>>
>>60559693
I hate this meme. Most people on here brag about how they turned away from metal and started litening to /mu/-core and shit, but so far I've been the opposite. Anyone who thinks that there isn't any good metal just shows a lack of understanding and appreciation for more extreme styles of music. That also included noise/field, which I am also a big fan of.
>>
>>60561932
You are right. But that's not how it worked some years ago when the meme originated.

>>60561883
No, you are c;
>>
/mu/ needs to grow out of meme rap desu
>>
File: 1439306254890.jpg (335 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1439306254890.jpg
335 KB, 1024x768
>>60559693
>he says metal is just edgy dumb structure-less noise
>he listens to harsh noise, no-wave, power electronics and industrial
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.