[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just call us Rolling Stone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: L0L p4k T00 mAin$Tream.png (1 MB, 2120x1356) Image search: [Google]
L0L p4k T00 mAin$Tream.png
1 MB, 2120x1356
>>
>>60559063
Gotta pay the bills one way or the other.
>>
>>60559063
>the guide to indie music and beyond
>>
>>60559130
what i'm trying to say is, they've completely abandoned their image
>>
>>60559063
In comparison the 2008-2011 era looked like a golden age.
>>
>>60559063
are you really discussing the website design of pitchfork?
And not even discussing, but being blasé and passive aggressive about it?
>>
>>60559286
Look at the articles that the arrows are pointing at, numbnuts.
>>
>>60559286
Are you really this retarded?
>>
I agree with you, but in their defense, of course they were going to review Adele today and feature a surprise release from a popular band
>>
they used to stand for something maaaaan
>>
>>60559063
when i saw this thread i was like theyve rated it??? and then i was like they better not give this a 7 or up
its absolutely disgusting, i fuckin hate adele so much, i honestly think she is the cancer to mainstream pop culture
im having a good day but fuck all u mutants who enjoy listening to her

and how the "mighty" has fallen... remember 2009-2012?
i thought those years were pretty good p4k years
since 2013 theyve been giving a lot of bad songs bnt (more than usual) and theyve been behind trends as well imo
>>
you're the kind of guy who'd get offended when Mj was mentioned

> cuz he black
> cuz he playing soul

Hopefully the Rolling Stones are open to every trend, they listen to music
>>
>>60559063
You actually took the time to take a screen cap and then draw arrows and then post it on /mu/ for . . . . ?
>>
Well its better than the previous era of nigger worshiping meme rap.
But at the same time you should have realized when condelezza rise naste bought them they would turn into a generic music magazine the likes of the nme, rolling stone, and spin
>>
>>60559843
>Well its better than the previous era of nigger worshiping meme rap.
wat
theyre still doing it
i mean theyve literally been on young thugs dick this year... and drake and future

young thugs debut isnt going to get lower than an 8.5 next year
>>
File: 1425319174004.jpg (59 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
1425319174004.jpg
59 KB, 640x560
now that p4k is corporate what will be the new hip website people shitpost about?
>>
>>60559882
they fired that girl meghan gravey which i feel is a good sign hip hop going to be purged
young thug is a failed meme that never caught on in the mainstream.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (106 KB, 699x342) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
106 KB, 699x342
>>60559899
>they fired that girl meghan gravey which i feel is a good sign hip hop going to be purged

Pitchfork has always liked hip hop

I get the feeling that this review is older than you
>>
>>60559899
they fired her?
thats nice, she was obnoxious
do u have any proof tho cus i dont follow this stuff
>>
>>60559740
7.3 on p4k and meg mentioned it on twitter saying she left to work on some other shit no one cares about.
>>
>>60560285
ye just googled her twitter
thanks
p4k will continue liking (t)rap tho
>>
>>60559063
you should see a doctor for your autism OP
>>
>>60560617
>>60560285
With her and Jessica Hopper gone, one hopes P4K to actually improve, as hard to believe as that sounds.
>>
>>60559063
you forgot to arrow EODM, DIIV and SBTRKT
>>
>why is the most popular music site on the internet talking about the most popular music of the year?
>>
>>60560685
>did it get popular by talking about this type of music?
>>
>>60560647
oh yeah that jessica bitch
she gone too? damn
and they wont, its way too late for that
>>60560653
b-but diiv is decent 10s dream pop ;.;
i quite like the song they released yesterday
not the other two tho
>>
>>60559063
Recently changed ownership, no doubt this changed what they're going to be about. They now have a big platform for selling popular music to a demographic that will pay for music. Just keep it looking hipster sheik and we'll all line up like sheep.
>>
>>60559063
>be 27
>titles album 25
>>
>>60559063
Well shit, guess i'll stop browsing pitchfork now that they sold out. Oh wait that's right, i never did in the first place. Problem solved.
>>
File: KMYBtVy.gif (3 MB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
KMYBtVy.gif
3 MB, 125x125
remember in 2007 when /mu/ finally discovered (lol) kelly clarkson, kelis, britney spears etc. all made it on various year-end song lists and forced themselves to be their fan for a month.

gud Thymes
>>
What kind of fucking idiot still browses Pitchfork today?
>>
>>60559899
prooof?
>>
>>60559843
>Nigger worshiping meme rap
At least you're not trying to hide your racism.
>>
>>60561151
nigger
>>
>>60559888
noisey seems rly cool
>>
you guys can just stop reading pitchfork...
>>
>>60561170
See, thats why i like you. You're upfront about it! No shame at all! I may not agree with your view or opinions, but I appreciate how unashamed you are about it. Keep doing you, man.
>>
>>60561151
There's nothing racist about the word nigger you leftist pussy loser
>>
>>60559144
they're trying to juggle lamestream poptimist bullshit with their indie roots, but they're doing it fucking poorly and they aren't punk rock and edgy and posting videos of chimps pissing in their own mouths anymore

look at the other artists they reviewed: Natalie Press, Kneedelus, Invisible Switch, N.V., these aren't big names, and I promise you every day pitchfork publishes reviews you probably will have never heard of at least three of the artists. They're still trying to give indie artists exposure, which is cool and congruent with their image, but it loses a lot of appeal when the front page is Adele whoring. Newsflash: Adele doesn't need any more exposure. Her music will get crammed down my throat several times a week, they'll play her songs at my job, they'll play her songs when I go to a bar, they'll play her songs at my gym, believe me, there will be no escape. Which is why I don't need a fucking review of her album, I use reviews to determine what albums I want to voluntarily listen to. I don't have time to sit around and listen to 20 fucking albums every day to find maybe one a month I enjoy, so I use reviews to screen most of them. If there's an album that seems interesting and a critic I like recommends it, I'll check it out, but if they say it sucks, then they're usually right and I'm not gonna waste my time. Which is why I would never read a review of an Adele album because I'm literally going to be forced to listen to it not matter what, regardless of whether I think its good or bad, negating the fucking purpose.

Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that Pitchfork is trying to maintain its image but is doing it poorly eye ehm oh. They used to not even bother reviewing shit like Adele, and while I appreciate that they still review a fuckload of super obscure music by artists struggling for recognition, Adele getting reviewed at all is pretty much bullshit.

/blogpost
>>
>>60559063
>>60559144

it's hilaroius how they still claim to be dedicated to independent music
>>
>>60561369
Geez man why cant you be like this stunning beacon of humanity>>60561170
?
>>
>>60561397
i agree with this sentiment
>>
>>60561397
just stop reading pitchfork. there are plenty of other sources for new music
>>
>>60561397
>Natalie Press, Kneedelus, Invisible Switch, N.V.,
Any of these guys good?
>>
>>60559888

TMT
>>
>>60561601
This and the quietus
>>
>>60561117
right? they have been like this for the past decade, and pitchfork has always had a certain..."reputation" among the general public. unfortunately the average 4channer is completely out of touch with modern society and it's already too ingrained with /mu/'s history.

this exact thread was made 2 years ago, and probably multiple times before that.
>>
>>60561050
>be 27
>still crying for the same fuckin ex
>still fat
>>
>>60561500
Natalie Press is pretty good. Haven't heard the other two.
>>
>>60561658
adele is both fat AND bad personality
wow
>>
>>60561713
Dear Anon,
I expected better content from you. Shame.
Sincerely, Steven
>>
Main reason p4k are so desperate for clicks is that print media is no longer necessary for learning about good music

Their answer is to write about progressively shitter and shitter music in a mildly controversial way

Good luck with that boys
>>
>>60561853
In 2006 pitchfork tried really hard to make Lady Sovereign a thing, let's not
>>
You guys realize the Vanity Fair bigwigs bought em like a month or 2 ago right? Plus Adele is still an indie artist my niggas.
>>
I don't get why everyone loves it when they suck the dicks of Kanye and Radiohead but as soon as they review a mainstream album that neckbeards don't like people act like they hit a new low.
>>
>>60561601
>>60561616
Exactly this
>>
>>60559063
>not also pointing out DIIV and Eagles of Death Metal
Both are certified Rolling Stone-core.
>>
>>60561967
>Plus Adele is still an indie artist my niggas.
>>
>>60559063
why do you guys care though.
>>
>>60559888
Sputnikmusic
>>
>>60562477
please dont if you already grew out of metal
>>
>>60559063
Marcel would never do something like this.
>>
>>60559888
Ducktails said Marcel is the future of music.

Maybe him? I've never seen Matt Mondanile tell a lie.
>>
>>60562416
>XL Records
Yeah...indie Beggars
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.