[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Sun Kil Moon man... I can't fuckin do this hah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: meme kozelek.png (411 KB, 662x537) Image search: [Google]
meme kozelek.png
411 KB, 662x537
>The Sun Kil Moon man...

I can't fuckin do this hahaha

http://www.nme.com/news/mark-kozelek--2/89872

whole article was pretty
>>
>>60559028
thats what happen when you diss laura snapes
>>
>>60559046
yeah dude you better not fuck with her, thats a dangerous gal right there
>>
>UPDATE: The venue says that attendance was actually at around 100 people, “vastly different” from The Daily Nebraskan’s initial report.

'the daily nebraskan is run by inbreds' when?
>>
>>60559046
I thought it was because of the cocksucker incident, fucking /mu/ memed it instead of discussing

You think you’re the only person who wants to get a face-to-face interview with me? Get in line. I’m the best person you never met and one day, if you ever meet me, you’ll probably want to have my baby.”

Is it an marketing act like Kanye or is he really fucked
>>
>The Daily Nebraskan commented, “Laughter wasn’t uncommon during the show, and Kozelek often poked fun at the primarily male audience saying he missed the days when girls actually came to his shows and then he asked several members of the crowd where their girlfriends were at.”

Literally /mu/: the concert
>>
>>60559071
that girl was laura and he changed his mind on doing the interview with her last minute, then said that shit in front of his audience later when he played

his career has gone to shit since then

war drug sucks my cock didn't help either
>>
>>60559076
Tfw no gf
>>
“There’s this girl named Laura Snapes, she’s a journalist. She’s out to do a story on me, has been contacting a lot of people that know me,” he told the sold-out, 1,900-capacity room. Then he started repeating the line: “Laura Snapes totally wants to fuck me / get in line, bitch … Laura Snapes totally wants to have my babies.” The audience clapped and cheered. He played another song, then said he’d only been kidding around before: I was “cute”, “sweet”, “a good kid”.

In 2011, Kozelek – after more than 20 years of making music, with Red House Painters, Sun Kil Moon and under his own name – fundamentally changed the way he wrote songs, introducing this kind of unfiltered immediacy to his lyrics. Backstage before a gig at Chicago’s Lincoln Hall, the Ohio-born songwriter came up with Sunshine in Chicago, a lovely, metred stream of consciousness about how the city reminded him of his dad, and all the Red House Painters had played there in the 1990s: “When we had lots of female fans, and fuck, they all were cute / Now I just sign posters for guys in tennis shoes.” It kickstarted 2012’s Sun Kil Moon album Among the Leaves, on which he ditched the heavy metaphor of his previous few records for off-the-cuff narrative sung over lilting classical guitar. Funny and self-deprecating, it transcended the tennis-shoe crowd and became his best-received album in a decade.

“His arrival at this very effortless-sounding flow is master-level songwriting,” says Low’s Alan Sparhawk. “I find it reassuring that it comes full circle to this place where you can’t even see the process and structure any more, and all you see is the moment, no matter how banal or sublime.”

“Kozelek … has nothing left to hide, or lose: the effect is utterly riveting”.

holy fuck OP
>>
>>60559071
I don't think Kozelek cares.

I'm 100% certain that the drama he created was just a joke that p4k overreacted to.
>>
>>60559071
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jun/04/i-interviewed-mark-kozelek-he-called-me-a-bitch-on-stage
here's the article
>>
File: the koz.png (1 MB, 880x850) Image search: [Google]
the koz.png
1 MB, 880x850
>>60559071
>>
>>60559071
That's a pretty self-destructing PR stunt.

He's a prick and there's some irony in him whining about the people that helped prop him up just because they exposed how much of a prick he really is. Pitchfork are also being vindictive pricks by not being able dissociating the man and his music and deliberately giving him bad reviews.

There's really no one to root for in this story.
>>
>>60559086
>that girl was laura and he changed his mind on doing the interview with her last minute, then said that shit in front of his audience later when he played

don't forget the fact that when he said no to an interview she went snooping around asking his friends & family questions for info
>>
>>60559099
I thought of that too but that's a dick move to overlook and count as "nothing left to lose"
>>
"he called me a bitch on stage" these fucking feminist indie girls deserve to be raped into submission. No one gives a fuck. sun kil moon is an awesome artist and all these artsy butthurt feminist fucks deserve to be raped into submission.
>>
>>60559128
yeah I can't stand her, she wanted the D
>>
>talking shit about mark kozelek

do these niggas even know who he is like lol he isn't some new-name indie kid, dude was responsible for one of the best bands of the 90s

i really wish SJWs stopped worrying about the wrong things
>>
>>60559153
*would stop worrying
>8am grammar
>>
>>60559153
funnily enough it's the new-name indie kid artists who were complaining on twitter about mark kozelek being a problematic big meany :+( earlier this year

hacks like waxahatchee & unknown mortal orchestra were having a real tantrum
>>
>>60559168
yeah man i was following that shit when it all went down. fags really need to know their place in the industry, it's not even about the music.
>>
#socialjusticewarriorsdeservetoberaped

seriously, am I the only one who would be happy if I woke up to news next morning that said that these fucking feminists got fucking gang raped?
>>
>>60559129
did you have a bad night bud? not a lot of sleep so baby is cranky now?
>>
>>60559185
calm down, Mark
>>
>>60559185
um they enjoy being dominated
>>
>>60559190
this clearly meant to be for this
>>60559185
>>
>>60559028
>Video: NME Albums Of 2014: Why The War On Drugs' 'Lost In The Dream' Is Number 3

TRIGGERED
>>
>"Kozelek often poked fun at the primarily male audience saying he missed the days when girls actually came to his shows and then he asked several members of the crowd where their girlfriends were at"

Would it be out of place to offer tell based kozelek that he can fuck my bitch
>>
>>60559190
I have talked with feminists before and this is exactly the kind of condescending tone that they like to take with people. They would sooner spout a bunch of self righteous crap before they would ever give you an unbiased explanation for their thoughts. Feminists don't have logic, they literally need to be beaten into submission.
>>
>>60559245
calm down m8 just ignore them
>>
>>60559245
correct yourself bro, modern feminists. it's more or less a fad now so here's to hoping it dies down in the coming years.

incidentally, who's excited for GEN ZED?!
>>
>>60559135
Watch that edge friend
>>
>>60559114

>I've got a great sense of humor and anyone who doesn't share it is entitled to go cry about nothing.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
Yo why do yall think the majority of his fans give a fuck about any of this. His music is good and id be willing to bet most of fans arent internet people or drama people like yall
>>
I thought his shows were normally pretty packed? I wouldve loved to have gone to an intimate kozelak show.

He probably wouldve made fun of me though
>>
>>60559098
he's shit nowadays
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.