[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me give you some examples of why rap music is not something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nxwjstz5sp1ts0hbso1_540.png (609 KB, 540x608) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxwjstz5sp1ts0hbso1_540.png
609 KB, 540x608
Let me give you some examples of why rap music is not something to be glorified. Go the world star hip hop website, what do you see? You see lots and lots of videos of poor people fighting. They're not fighting because they listened to rap music though, they're fighting because they don't know any better. These people were raised without positive role models. That doesn't mean that all poor people are bad or raised without positive role models. Something else you'll notice about poor people and rap music is that these are desperate people. They do desperate things like sell drugs or do drugs not only because some of them don't know any better, but because they don't have any other options. These people are not the kind of people you want to be looking up to. It's disturbing to me that there's people who look at music, fictitious or not, that represents the real issues of poor people in our country, and think it's cool. You may say, well metal music does the same thing. Does it really? Last I checked metal music is about fictional things, like worshipping satan. and if it is about poverty and struggle to live it's not "look at how cool I am". Sure there's always going to be exceptions, but we're talking about the big picture here. Those small examples have no relevance to the over all picture.
>>
vibe on my good chum
>>
>>60559010
>Something else you'll notice about poor people and rap music is that these are desperate people.
So pretty much like Jazz and Blues? Why do you think they are appreciated?
>>
>>60559047
I see a big difference between those genres, you haven't laid out the concrete differences between them. You can't just say "well what about this" then expect me to try to decide what you're even talking about. You'll need to go into more detail, if you want. Either way, I don't argue with people who have already made up their mind and are set in their ways. Nothing productive will come of that.
>>
>>60559066
Thanks for the non answer and enjoy the rest of your troll thread.
>>
>>60559142
Well, alright then. Have a good one.
>>
allahu akbar
>>
Yada yada, fallacy fallacy. Next
>>
File: 1423000488655.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1423000488655.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>60559010
>"rap music"
>"world star"
>"poor people"
>"desperate people"
>"real issues"
>"fictional things"
>"worshipping satan"
>"look at how cool I am"
>"we're"
>"big picture"
>"small examples"
>"relevance"
>"over all picture"

Stay in school kid. You need the education.
>>
>>60560765
this
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.