[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (663 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
663 KB, 1000x1000
Thoughts?
>>
>>60555173
get out of here will
>>
bretty good. not all that memorable but a good album from this year no doubt. lo fi production is a lil gimmicky on here and sounds like they just put the vocals through some garage band effects tho
>>
proof that viral marketing works
>>
I wish he would stop relying so heavily on those harsh metallic vocal effects
>>
>>60556029
i'm seeing him live friday, and i'm sure his voice is going to be run through filters but i'm hoping to catch a gleam of his pure voice.
the album was decent for a rehash of old material. i'm really excited for teens of denial, since it'll supposedly be new material, which in theory will be written for a full band instead of just modified to suit one.
>>
>>60556060
when will performs live the vocals aren't actually filtered. I think there might be some light reverb added via the venue's PA system, but otherwise it's clean.
>>
>>60556060
>>60556252
if you've ever attempted to drive/distort vocals live, you find out it's pretty easy to get a shit-ton of feedback from it (mostly due to the positioning of the amp/speakers)
>>
>>60556252
I'm really fucking excited then. Even more than I already was, which is saying something.
>>
>>60555225
the production style is consistent with a lot of his other work though. I personally dig it
>>
>>60556392
>>60555225
i don't think it's garage band either it sounds like clipping from being too close to the mic.
>>
Really happy that Will is getting the attention that he deserves.
>>
I thought it was pretty good, but I like the more melancholy stuff on How to Leave Town than the loud rock songs here/on earlier albums.
Maud Gone is an amazing song
>>
>>60556430
for sure.
I almost hope that he tries to break out of the lo fi sound on future releases though, I feel like his songwriting will totally hold up
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.