[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK Computer > Kid A > Hail to the Thief > In Rainbows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: Radiohead.okcomputer.albumart.jpg (62 KB, 275x271) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead.okcomputer.albumart.jpg
62 KB, 275x271
OK Computer > Kid A > Hail to the Thief > In Rainbows > The King of Limbs > Amnesiac > The Bends > Pablo Honey
>>
In Rainbows > Kid A > Hail To The Thief > OK Computer > The Bends = Amnesiac > The King Of Limbs > Pablo Honey
>>
OK Computer > The Bends > Kid A > Amnesiac > In Rainbows > Hail to the Thief > The King of Limbs > Pablo Honey
>>
I like the instrumentation but the signing on kid a & OK computer is dreary shit
>>
>>60554808

>amnesiac
>not #1
>>
>>60554949
>amnesiac is the best Radiohead album meme
it's 2015, you can't stop pretending.
>>
kid a> amnesiac> ok computer> the king of limbs> in rainbows> hail to the thief> the bends> pablo honey
>>
>>60554808
This is how I feel exactly.
>>
OK Computer > Kid A > The King of Limbs > In Rainbows > Hail to the Thief > Amnesiac > The Bends > Pablo Honey
>>
>>60554808
>he actually bought the OKC is amazing meme

Lucky, Airbag, The Tourist are all bland 90s alt rock
>>
>>60555140
>Airbag, Tourist
>not the second best songs on their respective sides.
stop the whole "guitars are generic and boring" meme
>>
The King of Limbs > The Bends > In Rainbows > Hail to the Thief > Pablo Honey > Kid A > Amnesiac
>>
>>60555174
they aren't though; Paranoid Android and Subterranean Homesick Alien do some amazing, beautiful things with guitars. I just listen to lots of 90s indie and alt rock, and for '97, a lot of songs on OKC aren't very interesting
>>
>>60555229
I've listened to a ton of 90s alt rock too. OK Computer is still amazing.

It's just not to your taste, and that's fine.
>>
Literally anything>radiohead
>>
>>60555283
Airbag in particular is just a more busy Planet Telex, and I really think it doesn't hit that same atmosphere. The intro is real rad and the bass dropping out neat too, but as a whole it really isn't a standout in their discography
>>
>>60555328
I disagree. It's in the same camp as Let Down- a huge wall of sound with a very simple pop sensibility.
>a more busy planet telex
How? The two songs are not similar at all.
>>
>>60555409
>in the same camp as Let Down
no.
>>
File: radiohead..png (2 MB, 1525x814) Image search: [Google]
radiohead..png
2 MB, 1525x814
>>60554949
>>
>>60555436
It has way more in common with Let Down than it does with Planet Telex.

They're also both the best songs on side 1 of OK Computer.
>>
>>60555409
It's in the drums and the atmospheric/slightly ambient guitars that they really feel similar to me. Telex is far more minimal though and I think it works really well when it kicks in with just the drums and that little tremolo guitar bit

I wish Radiohead would actually go full wall-of-sound on some tracks for once though. If they'd let loose and just go berserk and do something like that end guitar on Karma Police only during the meat of the track...that'd be killer
>>
Amnesiac - 10.0
Kid A - 9.0
OK Computer - 8.5
In Rainbows - 8.0
The King of Limbs - 7.5
HTTT - 6.5
The Bends - 6.0
Pablo Honey - 5.0
>>
>>60555490
knock them all down by .5 and put HTTT below the Bends and i'm down
>>
>>60555485
It's that push/pull between something very reserved and something completely blown out that really make OK Computer what it is though. I love Let Down and I love that end of Karma Police, but they both need the context of what's around them to feel their impact. Otherwise you get a record like Pablo Honey, where all of the songs are blown out (pun intended) the whole way through, and no one remembers any of it.
>>
Kid A > In Rainbows > Amnesiac > OK Computer > Hail to the Thief > The King of Limbs > The Bends > Pablo Honey

I really don't like The Bends.
>>
>>60555522
my problem with the record is that they just don't dedicate either way enough. It's like Smells Like Teen Spirit where the dynamics are there, but they could be stretched so much farther. That's why when I think of the 90s group that fused rock and electronic that I dig, it's Brainiac. Fresh New Eyes is the song that Climbing Up the Walls wishes it could be
>>
>>60555557
>Brainiac
Really? I can't stand that band. Fresh New Eyes in particular sounds like a failed NIN song.
>>
OK Computer > Kid A > Amnesiac > The Bends > Hail to the Thief > In Rainbows > Pablo Honey > The King of Limbs
>>
File: RADIOHEAD.png (2 MB, 975x1255) Image search: [Google]
RADIOHEAD.png
2 MB, 975x1255
>>60554808
>>
ok computer is their only album worth a shit t b h
>>
Hail To The Thief > Kid A > OK Computer > In Rainbows = Amnesiac > The Bends > The King of Limbs > Pablo Honey
>>
>>60554808
switch in rainbows and hail to the thief and you're gold
>>
>>60555140
Airbag literally feels like the creation of the universe.
>>
I strongly believe that Kid A is incredibly overrated and circlejerked over. There are a couple superb songs and the rest is mediocre droning shite.

Then again maybe I just haven't listened to it enough... right?
>>
Amnesic is the best Radiohead album meme should already fuck off. Also anyone who won't put OKC at least in their first 3 best albums with PH and TKoL at the bottom is just a contrarian teenage who wants attention.
>>
>>60556926
Yeah, Kid A is overrated on /mu/ still great. That comes from someone who masturbates over Radiohead all day.
>>
>>60556929
>TKOL at the bottom
But The Bends and Amnesiac are easily worse solely because neither of them have Bloom, Codex, or Separator.
>>
>>60556926
>the rest is mediocre dronine shite
babby's first electronic music?

The only mediocre song on Kid A is Optimistic, which is just too long and one note for what it is.
>>
>>60554808
Amnesiac > Kid A > In Rainbows > OK Computer > The Bends >The King Of Limbs > Hail To The Thief > Pablo Honey
>>
>>60556964
I think The Bends is pretty great at what it's doing and has a bunch of great tracks, but yeah I agree Amnesiac is one the same level or worse than TKOL, I didn't want to state that because of the circlejerk over this album here.
>>
>>60556970
What? Optimistic is god tier.
>>
Kid A >/= OKC > In Rainbows > The Bends > TKOL > HTTT > Amnesiac > Pablo Honey
>>
>>60557042
I mean, it's okay. I on't get why it's so many people's favorite track. The lyrics aren't as beautiful, poetic, or hitting as Kid A, How to Disappear, or MPS. It doesn't have as much groove as Everything, National Anthem, Idioteque, or Morning Bell. Treefingers is a sweet segue into side 2. In Limbo is a psychedelic trip before the apocalypitc climax of Idioteque.

Optimistic I guess is supposed to evoke a tribal, almost fiery vibe in the post-apocalyptic feeling of Kid A, but to me it just feels stagnant until the outro and the ensuing jazz segue.
>>
>>60557082
Oh don't get me wrong, it's not my favourite on the album (although favourites vary for me), but overall I think it's a great song. I can't really flaw many Radiohead albums post Pablo Honey, and I'm not even a stan for them.
>>
HTT>King of Limbs> Amnesiac> Kid A>In Rainbows>The Bends> OK Computer
>>
Kid A = The Bends > OKC = In Rainbows > Amnesiac = TKOL > HTTT > Pablo Honey
>>
>>60554808
Kid A > In Rainbows > TKOL > OK Computer > The Bends > HTTT > Amnesiac > Pablo Honey
>>
Pablo Honey is the only album of theirs I would currently be prepared to listen to.
>>
>>60559393
Stale bait please try harder :-)
>>
>>60554808
In Rainbows > OK Computer > Kid A > King Of Limbs > The Bends > Amnesiac > Hail To The Thief > Pablo Honey
Hail To The Thief just never clicked with me, some songs are great but I can't do it the whole way through.
>>
OK Computer = Kid A = Amnesiac >>> others
>>
>>60554808
The Money Store >>> others
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.