[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is America so shit with dance music? most festivals and clubs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: nina_kraviz_456_001.jpg (15 KB, 456x280) Image search: [Google]
nina_kraviz_456_001.jpg
15 KB, 456x280
why is America so shit with dance music? most festivals and clubs only have edm trash
>>
They shunned dance music in the 80s as music for gays and blacks.

Europe took it and made it amazing.

America suddenly got overcome with white guilt and let memerap take over.

Now they're trying to play catch up.
>>
>>60547391
Well u can fuck right off bc we started house and trap, the most important dance musics of the 80s and 2010s
>>
File: 1447741430639.jpg (149 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1447741430639.jpg
149 KB, 640x640
bump
>>
>>60548082
>b..b..but we started it

see >>60547440
>>
Electronic music in America is a bunch of corporate watered down bullshit, people go to the festivals for the spectacle and not the music.
Basically they forced the idea that EDM is the music of millennials so that they could make money off of them.
A bunch of dude bros who think skirllx is hardcore or a bunch of dumb sluts wearing a neon native american headress and yelling wooooo.
Electronic music much like every great thing was destroyed by casuals.
>>
>>60547440
>>60548109
>>60548190
Ya bc hardstyle and trance and big beat are sooo amazing right

Get your rose tinted glasses off
>>
>>60548082
we started it faggot, but we needed to keep the momentum going
>>
i actually appreciate the fact that patrish dance music has been relegated to underground scenes in bigger cities

and this is coming from somebody who lives hours away from the nearest city where i could possibly find a tolerable club.
>>
>>60547391
The funny thing is, it's mostly dutch producers who dominate american edm
>>
>>60549202

The purveyors of European cheese are always ready for any bandwagon to jump on - they did it in the mid-late 90s with the trance explosion too.
These people are careerists first and foremost - they push products to a waiting market and adapt to changes in taste rather than influence them.
>>
>>60549297

What is more alarming though is the move by US commercial rap production teams into EDM - I've no idea why I find it more disturbing since their focus was always on the monies but it just seems more tacky.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.