[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Please could you stop the noise, >I'm trying to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Radiohead.okcomputer.albumart.jpg (62 KB, 275x271) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead.okcomputer.albumart.jpg
62 KB, 275x271
>Please could you stop the noise,
>I'm trying to get some rest
>From all the unborn chicken voices in my head

Why the fuck does this album get acclaim
>>
>>60543984
>album does not deserve acclaim because bad lyrics
>>
>>60544237
people say it ''reflects 90's alienation'' or whatever shit but these lyrics are bullshit
>>
>>60543984
>he's never dreamt of being terrified by unborn chicken screams while being cooked in the vacuum
>>
>>60543984
Tbh lyrics are pretty good, i mean what is your favorite lyrical album
>>
Instrumentals are dope regardless
>>
I personally think it's a representation of schizophrenia. You never know with Thom. He's certainly an obscure writer. I think you should dig into it and create your own interpretation of it, anon.
>>
>>60543984
How are those bad lyrics?
>>
Radiohead, the most hyped and probably the most over-rated band of the decade, upped the ante for studio trickery.

OK Computer (Capitol, 1997) was the album that sanctified their futuristic pop. For about six songs, this is a masterpiece of faux avantgarde (of pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music). The rest is filler.
>>
>>60544435
I really identified with this.
>>
They're not so bad
I mean, they're not exactly Costello-tier, but they're decent lyrics
But honestly, who cares about lyrics when it comes to Radiohead?
>>
>>60546690
Possibly

>>60546736
They aren't, OP just can't look beyond the obvious needs a reason to hate something.
>>
>>60546775
Amnesiac is GOAT.
>>
>>60546690
"unhatched ideas"
>>
>>60543984
It's called poetry, you know?
It's supposed to give you feelings more than make sense.
>>
>>60543984
What the fuck kind of lyrics would you rather have? Go ahead OP
>>
>>60547591
In an interstellar burst, OP's back to shitpost to the universe
>>
>>60547446
It's mostly just about making pots for storing shit.
>>
>>60543984
KID A has the worst.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.