[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where do i go from here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: No_Trend_Too_Many_Humans.jpg (127 KB, 640x623) Image search: [Google]
No_Trend_Too_Many_Humans.jpg
127 KB, 640x623
where do i go from here?
>>
that's the best punk album. sorry many. it's not like there's a vast reservoir of untapped amazing punk albums. there's several really amazing ones and that is probably the best you're going to get.
>>
that band is essentially a shittier scratch acid, so try scratch acid
>>
>>60543613
Brainbombs?
early Swans, maybe?
that album is p damn great mate
>>
>>60543683
>that band is essentially a shittier scratch acid, so try scratch acid
no, fuck you. this is a load of fucking bullshit. scratch acid is boring compared to no trend.
>>
>>60543727
no trend is a barely competent, disposable post-no wave noisepunk band, those sorts of bands were a dime a dozen at the time and i'd argue that no trend was one of the shittier ones(with flipper and saccharine trust being about as good as that pseudogenre ever got)

scratch acid had genuine character, genuine menace, genuine ideas and the musician ship to back it, all ingredients no trend was sorely lacking in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqWwB1M3J7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sztZqRpi7IY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciAarbKndlw

no trend was fucking limp art-school dropout wangst shit, they sucked terribly
and what is it with too many humans getting mentioned on an almost regular basis now? i know how this board works so i imagine someone realized that one of the usual sources /mu/ likes to drone likes it
who is it? scaruffi? i bet it's scaruffi, he likes this sort of garbage
>>
>>60543901
>no trend is a barely competent, disposable post-no wave noisepunk band,
FUCK YOU
U
C
K

Y
O
U
>>
>>60543901
>and what is it with too many humans getting mentioned on an almost regular basis now?
No Trend is chart thread-core now, that seeps through the rest of the board eventually. Also noise rock/punk is just getting more popular now in general
>>
>>60543613
Listen to Flipper
>>
>>60543939
is this metaldiscussor?
fucking end yourself, mongoloid
>>
>>60543683
Sorry but No Trend was releasing albums two years before Scratch Acid. Try again

>>60543613
I'd recommend the first two Butthole Surfers Albums, and by the first two I mean the first studio album, and Live PCPPEP, and NOT Another Man Sac. That was actually their THIRD album.
>>
>>60543901
>genuine menace

Thanks for showing that NT is grittier, more aggressive, more antisocial, that their content hits harder while taking itself less seriously, and that their lead vocalist doesn't need to rely on sounding like a crooning woman in every verse to emphasize how CURAYZEE he is.
>>
>>60545456
>grittier

by virtue of barely knowing how to play their instruments, sure

>more aggressive

horseshit, no trend were soft as fuck compared to just about every other prominent hardcore/post-punk/noise rock band of their time

>more antisocial

by what do you even measure something like that?
in any case you're wrong, as no trend were scenester shits desperate to prove to everyone how nonconformist and hostile they were

as i said, they were art school dropout idiots playing tough but, as art school dropouts tend to do, all they ever really wanted was attention
drunks with guns were legitimately fucked up, flipper were legitimately fucked up, happy flowers were legitimately fucked up, no trend were just obnoxious brats

>that their content hits harder while taking itself less seriously

have you ever actually read any scratch acid lyrics? it's all black humor and jokes, those guys didn't give a shit about how seriously people took them or how scary they seemed or didn't seem

>and that their lead vocalist doesn't need to rely on sounding like a crooning woman in every verse to emphasize how CURAYZEE he is.

no trend's lead vocalist sounds like a pissy bespectacled 19-year old ranting because he's too much of a dweeb for the hardcore punk kids to hang out with him

no trend were shit, deal with it

this is a good song though, mostly thanks to lydia and the poppy guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6aK0egDcoY
>>
Big Black?
>>
>>60543613
Rudimentary Peni - Cacophony
>>
>>60545804
>barely knowing how to play their instruments
repetition and shitty production =/= not knowing how to play

>soft as fuck
>measure something like that
they sounded more primal than everyone else because of the no wave-influenced atonality and ended up alienating the punk audience, that's harder than using the same vocal technique in every song you sing

>black humor and jokes
thanks for admitting their lyrics are weird al-tier garbage, no trend satirically shit on society and it doubles as a rant against punk politics and it was genius because you couldn't tell if they were giving a shit or not the whole time

whereas scratch acid didn't give a shit and you knew it right off the bat, so whose act is more immature?

>pissy bespectacled 19-year old ranting because he's too much of a dweeb
i've got a movie projector with your name on it
>>
File: 41cK4sq2OJL[1].jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
41cK4sq2OJL[1].jpg
25 KB, 500x500
>>60543613
>>
>>60544535
who? why would you assume I'm some random fucking poster.
>>
>>60543613
DRUNKS
WITH
GUNS
>>
Drunkdriver
>>
>>60543613
bodychoke
>>
Distorted Pony
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.