[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really appreciated this new record, probably more than Xen.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Arca-Mutant.jpg (72 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
Arca-Mutant.jpg
72 KB, 620x620
I really appreciated this new record, probably more than Xen. What's your thoughts about it?
>>
>>60540959
>praising music without lyrics
I hate you
>>
>>60541151
>art music
>jazz
>bleeps
>noise

Yeah, the best music ever made has no lyrics so your post is meaningless.
>>
>>60540959
I like it more than Xen too

but alot of songs are pretty intense
>>
>>60540959
when will the 'arca is good' meme stop
it's literally /lgbt/core the kind of stuff faggots listen to when they're feeling artsy

>>60541168
>art music
>art art
stop
>>
>>60541218
>stop

Stop what?
>>
download where?
>>
it is actually good
>lgtb
>implying almost all records doesn't have straight love songs
>>
>>60541168
"Art music" is redundant. All Music is art. You cannot disagree with this. It is objectively true.
>>
>/mu/ suddenly hates Arca
What happened?
>>
>>60541218
>>art music
>>art art
>stop
are you literally retarded
>>
>>60542650
Google "art music," you stupid fuck
>>
>>60543312
He stopped pandering to his newfound yeezus audience
>>
>>60542650
''Art music'' is just a term to describe a certain genre.
>>
>>60543312
Because his music is sterile and shallow. It's music that attracts the materialistic gay youth.
>>
>>60543354
Google this dick you mock.
>>
>>60543560
Nice comeback
>>
>>60543518
>sterile
How? What?
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 1220x1220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 1220x1220
>>60540959
Listen to Lotic instead, he is better producer and lover
>>
There is more sound design. But I prefer the danceable ryhtms of Xen
>>
>>60543312
It's the Duning Krudger effect.

mu was pretty divided all along on it. The main thing is most people here literally just don't have the ears and experience to understand Mutant. People aren't picking up on all the subtle harmonies and counter melodies in it and are consequently bored by it. Anyone who actually knows more about production and engineering has their jaws dropped to the floor listening to Mutant.

It's almost as if the sounds on Mutant are talking to each other within their overtones, timbres being manipulated to created a microtonal harmony that augments the greater whole.

Also I don't think I have ever heard a record that sounds as big as this one. The soundstage is enormous.

Not to mention the amazing amount of clarity while still having everything distorted and warm. Mixes are fucking genius.
>>
>>60543793
Shame its mixed terrible, i fucking hate those loud as fuck garbages with lack of dynamic range
>>
>>60541299
Stop being a dumb faggot
>>
>>60543793
It would be splendid to hear some actual analysis of the album and not the empty praise of an teenager with limited musical exposure.
>>
>>60543709
>he is better producer
He isn't, he also isn't a better songwriter which is what is needed with Arca.
>>
>>60543793
Yup. You're right. Though it's /mu/ and people here are more likely to know about sound than the average listener. I understand the mixing and the sound designs on this album are incredible but to me that's all it is. It's a well made albumbut it's like listening to a Steve Vai album. The dude is incredibly talented but all I see is guitar wankery. I don't know how to explain. It's like he's really good at something I'm not super interested in.
>>
>>60543916
Are you joking? There is no such thing like "good song" at Mutant. Lotic is more grime based, but it not means he is worse
>>
>>60544148
>Are you joking?
You're kidding me if you thought I were...don't be so soft.
>>
I know tons of people dislike Xen but wound is still one of my favorite tracks. Synthetic strings and all.
>>
>>60543974
From that perspective, I can understand what you mean. I feel the same way about a lot of that stuff. I do often think that in actuality people like us are probably plebs to people like Stevie Vai, like I think the Dunging Krudger thing applies to that too.
>>
>>60541218

> kind of stuff faggots listen to when they're feeling artsy

fucking harold bloom over here. insightful stuff.

dude has a life time pass for yeezus. he's the reason early twigs stuff is listenable. the visual artists he collaborates with are dope.

>>60540959

i'm digging mutant, but prefer xen. seems like it was stronger statement, but i was floored with his style last year- maybe im used to it.
>>
File: 1311072571723.jpg (3 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1311072571723.jpg
3 MB, 5000x5000
>>60545011
>Dunging Krudger
>>
avant-garde for the poptimist generation
>>
>>60545060
i type words wrong because I'm so sonically oriented that i only know words phonetically
>>
I like Arca's music but I'm not gay.
>>
>>60545427
I mean i like vagina
>>
>>60542650
>>60541218
Plz get some musical education other than reading shitposts on /mu/
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.