[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2 opinions 1 post Nevermind is easily a 10 Kurt is a shit person
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
2 opinions 1 post

Nevermind is easily a 10
Kurt is a shit person and did it for the $
>>
>>60536088
he admitted to being a sellout and hating himself for it. he resented that good music is always niche and that most of his fans were idiots.
>>
>>60536088
>Nevermind is easily a 10
yes

>Kurt is a shit person and did it for the $
no and yes. he did it for the money but you can't blame him for that. why do you think he's a shit person
>>
>>60536088
>Nevermind is easily a 10
No
>Kurt is a shit person
No
>and did it for the $
Yeah
>>
nevermind was a watered down bleach with better songwriting
>>
>>60536166
I think what got to him was that all his favorite bands were putting out records which he felt were better than nevermind but that album got big because it was easily consumable for the masses. so he basically became the kind of artist he hated
>>
File: 71p08MBbTQL._SL1196_.jpg (191 KB, 1196x1185) Image search: [Google]
71p08MBbTQL._SL1196_.jpg
191 KB, 1196x1185
2 was dogshit

Diydui was better than this album solely for the track "oh"
>>
>>60536226
>why do you think he's a shit person
He was a shit-talker
Accused other bands of doing the things his band was doing
He abandoned his friends and family
He was in love with Courtney Love
>>
>>60536409
bleash is so bland desu

and i mean both anime and album
>>
Radiohead have plenty of great songs
Their music has made the world a worse place
>>
>>60536088

i absolutely disagree he did it for the money.
considering he planned to blow his brains out
well before nevermind was released.
>>
Kid A is easily a 10
Tom is a shit person and did it for the fame
>>
>>60536088
>Kurt is a shit person and did it for the $

You just spill bullshit from that orifice do you OP?
>>
>>60536403
tru
>>
>>60536659
Why worse?
>>
>>60536845
Pretty much this. Kurt's goal in life was to leave his mark on the world forever through his art, and dip out at 27.
>>
I think Kurt was a good person (he stuck up for people and felt remorse often) but he was an overbearing perfectionist, which made him critical of others. As for the money thing, he wanted to make a pop record and he made possibly the best one since Sgt Pepper, so I dunno how it's bad to reap the rewards of that.
>>
ITT: Post what Kurt really wanted like you knew him personally.
>>
the image people have of kurt as the punk rock purist is laughably incorrect. kurt was simply a fan of music and anything that struck him as pleasing, he liked it, whether it fit into some scene or genre or not.

to think that kurt cobain didn't want to make a commercially successful (massively successful) pop-rock album like nevermind is to 1) buy into his self-propagandizing image and 2) reveal your ignorance of his life story.

he always loved pop records, successful records. heck, just noodling away at the teen spirit riff for months (which i'm sure he did) shows that he was fascinated with popular riff rock. he wasn't merzbow, for fucks sake.

nevermind is more a victim of its post-production, which kurt had nothing to do with anyway. it wasn't kurt who made it sound so glossy, but i bet ya he enjoyed it when he first heard it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.