[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Do You Think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: RA.jpg (20 KB, 320x203) Image search: [Google]
RA.jpg
20 KB, 320x203
Hey guys, I was just wondering what people think of rappers like R.A. The Rugged Man, and the like. I know mu/tants hate hip hop in general, so that's cool, but if you do enjoy it what do you think of over the top horrorcore dudes? Do you think it's funny, shitty, good, etc.? I'm just wondering the general sentiment among you patricians about this type of hip hop, because you guys have good taste. Anyway, video related...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALPx9ApHDpw
>>
Please can someone throw me a bone and opine on horrocore, I really am interested in other's ideas on it. Not trying to b8, and the initial post is wordy and dumb, but still, I am just interested in what you people think.
>>
cringe inducing total garbage
>>
>>60535792
thanks, that's actually really helpful, I appreciate your honesty. I think it's cool, but I can't really see what people see in most things I like that is wrong. Thanks. So just the entire thing is just lame, shitty, embarrassing, and not credible as music in your opinion?
>>
>>60535475
Really hate when rappers use the kind of flow he is using in this song
>>
>>60535772
>Not trying to b8

Then why are you posting his worst song ?
>>
>>60535826
really? what is he doing you don't like? to me he is quite talented but I guess that's not cemented in stone.
>>
It's embarassing that this dude tries to claim the same subgenre as Triple Six Mafia and Playa Fly.
>>
>>60535842
just because it's anti-social and kinda how I think most people on 4chan are like. I mean me included, but yeah he has a lot of good shit. Just think it's funny as fuck, which song would you choose bro?
>>
File: 1444422514217.jpg (140 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1444422514217.jpg
140 KB, 480x640
>>60535815
It's credible, most /mu/tants who're into hip hop would concede that Slim Shady LP is a good record, and RA is about the same level of corny over the top cartoon violence. So is Wu Tang, who /mu/ has a raging boner for.

Mostly /mu/tants hate preachy tinfoil hatter conspiracy rappers like Immortal Technique
>>
so can I get a straight answer or is everyone just going to say he is terrible and try and not be helpful at all. I try to post shit that is as benign as possible so people won't get pissed, but it never seems to work.
>>
>>60535876
Okay word, thank you for being direct and helpful, I really appreciate that.
>>
>>60535859
Triple Six is memphis rap not horrorcore, also they're just as lame, at least RA doesn't take himself too seriously
>>
>>60535913
dude three 6? as in 666? they started as as horrorcore as you could be man. maybe not now, but that's how they began when Lord Inf was with them more. they sample horror movies constantly in their early shit. i mean its fine if you want to describe them as being from memphis more so than being into taboo shit, but they definitely are both.
>>
R.A.'s one of those guys who I'm not a huge fan of, but he has a few songs that I absolutely fucking love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1fZH0s_5L8

All three of them brought their A game on this.
>>
>>60535955
Masta Ace is the shit. "Track is like a brick to the jaw". that line is delivered so well. But yea they kill it.
>>
>>60535940
No, because memphis rap has certain characteristics to it which they meet perfectly, they basically defined the genre. horrorcore usually uses boom bap production, memphis hip hop is all about heavily layered, southern trap flavored beats. it's similar and has its roots in horrorcore, but sonically they're totally different and shouldn't be compared
>>
File: Cover.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
>>60535987
Fuck yeah dude

Speaking of which, I've been listening to this a lot lately and I love it. Any idea of where to go next in his discography?
>>
>>60536005
bro, if this isn't horrorcore than please enlighten me in how artists are categorized into certain genres.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZt66skJOK8
>>
>>60536005
>horrorcore usually uses boom bap production
>southern trap flavored beats
oh god it's retarded
>>
File: MAI.jpg (329 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
MAI.jpg
329 KB, 600x600
>>60536016
Slaughtahouse mayn, shits a classic.
>>
>>60536048
Dope, thanks dude.
>>
File: barf.jpg (436 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
barf.jpg
436 KB, 600x600
>>60536027
lmfao what the fuck is this G funk ICP reject shit hahaha
>>
>>60536070
I feel you, it was made in Juicy J's basement, it sounds amateur I guess, too bad you hated it so much, I like it.
>>
>>60536070
Here's your (You)
>>
Has the Inspectah Deck/Chino Xl curse of being GOAT on guest tracks/collaborative efforts but being underwhelming as a solo artist.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.