[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt: unbearable rapping rich white kids
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (335 KB, 1200x974) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
335 KB, 1200x974
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6UP5P6hvgY
>>
but all rap is unbearable
>>
>>60531826

hey this is pretty good not cringe at all

>unbearable rapping rich white kids

spotted the poor kid
>>
>>60531826
actually this one is much worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cufM9d9fKGY
>>
>>60531909

This shits actually good thanks for introducing me to this group. It's like Odd Future with actual talent.
>>
anyone remember that one with some racist, shirtless white dude drinking orange juice or something? I think the name of the track had "nigger" in it, he used to post his shit here
>>
>white "people"
>>
>>60531909
Jesus Christ. OP's was passable, but that one was just atrocious.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s
>>
>>60532097
kek
>>
Hip-hop is the perfect example of "the avant-garde turns into cultural industry" cycle. Negro rebellious music that described opression is now coopted by rich white kids angry at their moms. Adorno was so damn right.
>>
>>60531826

Is that the new Larry Clark movie?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOVK_iQvvsw

Kinda catchy.
>>
>>60532175
>implying that hip hop was ever good
If anything white people have improved this trash genre, as we always do
>>
>>60532203
>improved
kek
>>
>>60532203
Have you read the word "good" in my post, you fucking retard? Go read a book, you're way too dumb to discuss aesthetics.
>>
>>60532203

Improve j-pop
>>
>>60532220
What, should I read memetrash like Adorno? I read Russian Formalists aka people who actually care about artistic skill and process. Armchair psychologists need not apply
>>
>>60532242
You have no idea what you're talking about. Want to actually discuss? Read again my first post and answer coherently, I'm not responding to these stupid epic trollings anymore.
>>
File: asd.jpg (79 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
79 KB, 640x480
>>
>>60532307
You were clearly implying that hip hop was once a great rebellious Negro art that was perverted by the forces of capitalism, when in fact it was founded on and by capitalism to appeal to the lowest common denominator possible (you and your ilk). This fact is further demonstrated by the fact that hip hop literally rose out of shouting over mass-marketed pop music, a favorite black pastime
>>
>>60532189
Not catchy. Just shite. Why do people think acting trashy is cool?
>>
>>60532220
>aesthetics
lol we're talking about memerap here pal
>>
>when white people appropriate african culture to seem hip
Smh and cringe a lot tbqh
>>
>>60532373
i mean, early hip hop was pretty garbage music, but i think you're being intentionally dense about its socio-economic as well as aesthetic origins. but you're also blatantly racism-baiting, because, like most people who still care about formalist aesthetics in 2015, you've decided you have to go full edgy right-winger to counter balance muh cultural Marxism.

where my modernists at?
>>
>>60531826
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6haE-gmZOc
>>
>>60532436
>>60532373
>itt: unbearable rapping rich white kids
>>
>>60532373
>You were clearly implying that hip hop was once a great rebellious Negro art
>great
No. "Great, good, bad, etc" those are not aesthetic categories, unless systematized. I didn't imply anything I didn't write, so stick to the words you read please.
>when in fact it was founded on
>on
Like literally every single genre of music and art in general.
>and by
You'll have to explain what this means.
>ism to appeal to the lowest common denominator possible (you and your ilk)
Ad hominem.
>This fact is further demonstrated by the fact that hip hop literally rose out of shouting over mass-marketed pop music, a favorite black pastime
I will obviate your racist delusions, though I'm not responding to any more hate posts. Then what you say it is evidently not true, for not every hip-hop artist "shouts over mass-marketed pop music" but also irrelevant, since re-using popular form and content in a different way is one of the most basic avant-garde technics. If you're trying to prove it was neither innovative nor good based on that premise, you're not going a good job.
>>60532411
Go back to the containement board you came from, fucking retard.
>>
>>60532436
I don't think the socioeconomic origins are of any particular importance since the end product was a meritless trash art that bears little examination. The aesthetic origins are interesting only because they demonstrate what not to do when creating music if you're trying to produce an intellectually significant work of art

Any racism contained in my posts is mostly irrelevant since my claims are all supported by stellar reasoning and evidence. Racism is not their intent, it's simply a happy side factor

Also I thought you had read Adorno, why are you misusing the term cultural marxism like that? Were you just trying to show off without actually having read or understood him?

>>60532540
I'm not rich and I would genuinely rather kill myself than perform a rap
>>
>>60532436
How much was your lib arts degree, faggot?
>>
File: fedora Marcel.jpg (230 KB, 1200x1101) Image search: [Google]
fedora Marcel.jpg
230 KB, 1200x1101
>>60532559
1. i'm not that guy
2. i'm making fun of others' use of the term cultural Marxism
3. i'm gonna let this Adorno reader guy talk to you
4. have a tip for your trouble
>>
>31 posts
>no Timmy Brabston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c69NiWWocMA
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvo0Vm_3XIQ
>>
>>60532505
is pouyas parents rich? or is he just unbearable? he has a few good songs
>>
>>60532577
No cheaper than your mom, fat ugly basement dweller.
>>
>>60532593
too bad they took that cringeworthy documentary off Youtube after Ethan Klein BTFO'd him
>>
File: 1526991810.jpg (66 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1526991810.jpg
66 KB, 640x640
>>60532559
Literally Reddit: The Post
>>
>>60532593
is this some kid's bar mitzvah or something?
>>
Rap is the lowest form of music, if it can even be called that.
>>
File: ha cha cha.jpg (14 KB, 274x242) Image search: [Google]
ha cha cha.jpg
14 KB, 274x242
>>60532655
>wow i totally just trolled the whole Internet with that one
>>
>>60532655
Rap is not even a genre of music but a singing technique, but I don't expect someone as stupid as to say stuff like that to understand the difference.
>>
File: Don Limpio.jpg (42 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Don Limpio.jpg
42 KB, 640x640
>>60532655
Rap? More like... Crap.
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 720x960
>>60532684
>I unironically like rap music and will defend it online by crying about imaginary racism
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 500x400
>>60532685
>Rap is not even a genre of music but a singing technique, but I don't expect someone as stupid as to say stuff like that to understand the difference.
>>
>>60532593
Damn i wish all the wanna be rappers from my high school put on something ridiculous like this
>>
>>60532549
>I didn't imply anything I didn't write, so stick to the words you read please.
>I didn't imply anything I didn't write
>I didn't imply anything I didn't write
Uh-oh, somebody hasn't been reading their Derrida... You lose five intellectual points for your failure to keep up with contemporary philosophy and misunderstanding the processes of language. You did in fact take a very sympathetic tone with hip hop music, and made implications that it was no longer a noble and rebellious art like it once was because of the evil forces of capitalism and ignorant white white people. The fact that you're even contesting my post speaks to this enormously.
Furthermore, good and bad are of course aesthetic categories, they are the most popular and basic aesthetic categories. Are you sure you know what aesthetics are? Systematization is unnecessary, unless you've wasted your time pursuing a humanities degree
>Like literally every single genre of music and art in general.
Maybe the art you consume...
>You'll have to explain what this means.
No, I don't think so, It's very clearly explained already. If you're having difficulties with reading comprehension then I suggest you read my post again.
>Ad hominem.
Here's another: you're a retard. The fact that I take great pleasure in insulting you does not refute my argument, so try again, retard
>then what you say it is evidently not true, for not every hip-hop artist "shouts over mass-marketed pop music"
I never said that every hip hop artist does this, read my post again. Did you read it all actually?
> but also irrelevant, since re-using popular form and content in a different way is one of the most basic avant-garde technics.
*laziest avant-gard techniques I think is what you meant to say
> If you're trying to prove it was neither innovative nor good based on that premise, you're not going a good job.
I've already proved it and did an excellent job. If you can't see that then that speaks to your intelligence, not mine
>>
>>60531909
>I just talked to Yeezus, he said what up Jesus

This is absolutely atrocious, but I kek'd at that line anyway
>>
>>60532549
>taking music with no artistic merit this seriously
>>
>>60532717
Fedora-tippers would be the "rap is crass, real men have class" autists in this argument, buddy.
>>
>>60532766
Back to /pol/, you stupid ass white boy.
>>
>>60532739
>let me name drop Derrida to make it okay for me to continue to strawman him and see if anyone notices. maybe if they do, i can pull something else out of my ass to get them without ever having to actually present an argument
>man, all this rational evidence i have stored up is so great. can't wait to never mention any of it and instead just keep ad hominem attacking this guy because he mentioned Adorno once.
>it takes no effort to re-use popular art forms because i say so. let's ignore the entire Western canon, full of the re-use of the music of the Volk, because my argument will hold water if i just say it does
>proved it
>>
File: capture6.png (224 KB, 468x365) Image search: [Google]
capture6.png
224 KB, 468x365
>rap is CRAP, metal is my genre of choice
>>
>>60532175
>rap
>avant garde
>implying rap wasn't always about cash
Why do you have so much white guilt?
>>
>>60532797
No, fedoras like rap, just like how they love jazz, they enjoy being politically correct manginas and feel liking non-white things gives them credibility with non-whites. That's why they're the first to complain about white people in rap.
>>
>>60532799
has he actually tried to make his face look like a Guy Fawkes mask
>>
>>60532798
>he will defend it by any means necessary - even by trying to bait but unable to hide his butthurt
>this summer... he is
>memerap defener
>>
>>60532816
>white guilt
meme
>>
>>60532821
meant for >>60532804
>>
File: swagvsclass.jpg (82 KB, 686x666) Image search: [Google]
swagvsclass.jpg
82 KB, 686x666
>>60532817
It's like you've never had the displeasure of actually being on Reddit.
>>
faggots stop the pseudo intellectual arguments and step your game up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6F8xjoUwTU
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 453x604
>>60532849
>that's mainstream garbage churned out by white 'people' trying to capitalise on the artistic genius of the mighty Black Man. I only listen to pure hip-hop, you're only playing into white hands.
>>
>>60532888
That would be more like something out of tumblr to be honest family.
>>
>>60531826
This is totally bearable.
>>
>>60532899
Fedoras also use tumblr, as they are into social justice.
>>
>>60532817
there are liberal redditors who go on surface level subreddits like GoT or indieheads and are like little /mu/ bitches who suck the teat of the Pitchfork-Stereogum-Noisey media complex and try really hard to get laid by being different-but-the-same. they are overly apologetic for bad music and harbor covert racism where the only hip hop they like has to be white enough for them - Kendrick, Kanye, etc. they're fucking annoying, and they're everywhere, but they don't post blatantly racist things online, and they also don't read critical theory to flesh out an actual idea of how systems operate. they just whine about whiteness through an SJW lens.

then there are basement dwelling freakazoid /pol/lsters and the majority of Reddit, libertarian-minded "muh intellectualism" people who like power metal, Tolkien, and really long Russian novels they don't understand very well. unlike their liberal redditor counterparts, fedoras either have no sex or only have sex with the grossest trailer trash-looking girls from their part-time job at Geek Squad. these girls typically sleep with them and all of their best friends in really weird polyamorous situations, contributing to their distorted views of women, because the only women who pay attention to them are women who literally will take any dick and do
>>
>>60532175
>cultural marxism was right

kill yourself
>>
>>60532933
How is Kendrick white enough by any metric? I can get that Kanye sampling King Crimson is enough to convert any Redditor in and of itself.
>>
>>60532799
>>let me name drop Derrida to make it okay for me to continue to strawman him and see if anyone notices. maybe if they do, i can pull something else out of my ass to get them without ever having to actually present an argument
Did you learn to argue on Reddit? I'm noticing you're misusing logical fallacies a lot. My argument was presented at the very start of this chain of posts, I'm confused why I would have to repeat it if you were paying attention. You were paying attention, yes? Derrida wasn't a namedrop, he applied directly to my refutation of the post. If you were familiar with his theories you would see that quite clearly, but I didn't realize I was speaking to a lesser mind, so to speak.
>>man, all this rational evidence i have stored up is so great. can't wait to never mention any of it and instead just keep ad hominem attacking this guy because he mentioned Adorno once.
Again, you are confusing my love of insulting you with logical flaws in my arguments. My reason is just as sound as my wit.
>>it takes no effort to re-use popular art forms
*It takes no effort to re-use previously recorded, composed, produced, and performed music that was mass-marketed, successful, and is already well-known.
>because i say so.
Because it takes less effort, yes
>let's ignore the entire Western canon, full of the re-use of the music of the Volk, because my argument will hold water if i just say it does
This an interesting point but ultimately a false equivalency. It's true that many composers have drawn from folk music in their compositions, but of course, they were creating symphonies, not three minute pop songs almost identical to the music they plagiarized in the first place. Brief use of a folk instrument or melody in a larger piece is not the same thing as slapping your name over an already successful pop song and calling it your own.
>>
>>60532739
technique
>Uh-oh, somebody hasn't been reading their Derrida...
I don't see a good reason for agreeing with Derrida's or any other philosopher's non-materialist approach to language. "Sympathetic, noble" are you seriously this retarded? I'm getting tired but I'll try one more time: discuss with what I say and not with what you think I've said. Fortunately you're not my
psychologist so stop deriving stupid interpretations.
>Are you sure you know what aesthetics are?
"Good, bad" they don't really make any sense unless stablished a system that allows you to define criteria and its fulfillment. Not knowing that and thinking that saying "uhhmm, this is good" is aesthetics, that's not knowing what aesthetics are.
>unless you've wasted your time pursuing a humanities degree
See? This is another good example of not knowing what aesthetics are.
>Maybe the art you consume...
You seriously can't be this stupid. We live in capitalism, every single form of art is founded on it. There is literally no way of producing non-founded capitalist art. That is not to say every piece of art works in the same way in relation to capitalism.
>No, I don't think so, It's very clearly explained already
No, it isn't. Saying something is "founded by capitalism" means absolutely nothing.
>I never said that every hip hop artist does this
If you don't think is something you can say of the entire genre, then why describe it as a characteristic of it? Damn, you're dense.

1/2
>>
>>60532974
>>60532977
never seen anyone get memed so hard
>>
>>60531826
How about awesome bad white rappers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PErJIU9AG4o
>>
>>60532739
>laziest avant-gard techniques I think is what you meant to say
I don't give a fuck about what you consider or not "lazy" (by the way, another term used with no meaning whatsoever) it is still not an argument against hip-hop as avant-garde.

>I've already proved it and did an excellent job. If you can't see that then that speaks to your intelligence, not mine
This is just plain delusion. Kind of funny though.
>>60532766
Kill yourself.
>>60532816
Read a book.
>>60532936
You first, ignorant fascist.
>>60532995
Kill yourself, pathetic manchild.
>>
>>60533003
Why are you so racist? Did a white guy fuck your gf or something?
>>
https://youtu.be/4-GhgRNME6Q
>Unbearable
>not white tho
>theory was he moved because he got bullied at his old school
>There's more vids of him
>>
>>60532974
>>60532977
>>60533013
(you)
>>
>>60533020
I guess one did...

[spoiler]___ME___ [/spoiler]
>>
>>60533020
>Did a white guy fuck your gf or something

I really doubt that.
>>
>>60532974
That's not even the same poster, fucking idiot.
>>
>>60533013
You're the ignorant fascist here.
>>
>>60533013
we got a kek and proud right here boys, kek and proud
>>
>>60532977
>We live in capitalism, every single form of art is founded on it. There is literally no way of producing non-founded capitalist art. That is not to say every piece of art works in the same way in relation to capitalism.
What are you talking about you deluded commie? Art is creation. Anything I create is art, I can write a novel in the mud with a stick, no capitalism involved.
>>
>>60533013
lmao
>>
>>60533044
This. Ain't no bitch wanna be fuckin with no pig skin, little dick, faggot ass, weak white boy bitch. White women only want black dick.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting joffrey.jpg (12 KB, 300x260) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting joffrey.jpg
12 KB, 300x260
>>60533058
>reads Adorno
>fascist
>has hand-waved "occasional folk melody" ITT wrt the Teutonic composing tradition
>continues to pretend to be well-versed in philosophy and music as a vehicle for complaining about tfw no gf bc c u c k or some random /r9k/ shit
>>
why can't all our /pol/ threads begin with shirtless qt's? i'd be down having them on the board if they were.
>>
>>60533094
I think you're combining five or six different posters into a single character you don't like
>>
File: catfish mask replica.jpg (22 KB, 367x384) Image search: [Google]
catfish mask replica.jpg
22 KB, 367x384
>>60533133
it's one of the most basic avant-garde posting techniques
>>
>>60533073
As deluded as you might be, there's not such a thing as isolated art. What you produce is context dependent, no matter how many baby tears you cry.
>>
>>60531826
>the unbearable whiteness of hip-hop
>>
why are white people so horribly cringe when it comes to rap ? i havent put my finger on it. im honestly trying to find an answer to the question. when they do it its just corny and lame lol. ive only heard a few good white rappers eminem, beastie boys, they seemed real and really had a love and passion for the culture maybe thats why. these new ones are just trying to be cool like they see the black people do. i dont know. maybe im just racist lol.
>>
>>60531826
all rich white kid rappers irl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoJDrbWtma4
>>
>>60531826
>Whites & Hiphop
>Not even once
>>
>>60532220
cringe, the post.
>>
>>60532044
>non-white """"""""""people""""""""""
>>
>>60532425
There is literally nothing wrong with "cultural appropriation".
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmLu3syt1VM

NO PHONIES ALLOWED
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR9_6jebuuA

I win.
>>
I'm going to fuck your head up when I become a rapper and as a baby-face, white, trustafarian show you that talent is all that matters and not your perceptions of what you think being a rapper is all about. The fact that white people hate other whites for rapping is weird. It's so pervasive and acknowledged because you and your uncreative compadres feel bad that you have the personality of a wet carrot, and about as much things interesting about you as dirt. You can't stand people who don't try but are born with a spark you can never capture. If you had it, you'd be happy to have it. You're a hater and I use that word rarely, but if I ever heard you shitting on me while I open my windows and freestyle coherently, eloquently, and quite well, I'd knock you the fuck out for being such a douche.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 451x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 451x299
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 600x336
>>60537073
>>
>>60537005
lmao what a faggot
>>
>>60531826
Very obscure, but some of the most bizarre and cringeworthy lyrics of all time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbKrww5G_k0
>>
>>60537087
I would love to meet you
>>
File: mikelosesit.webm (794 KB, 612x686) Image search: [Google]
mikelosesit.webm
794 KB, 612x686
>>60537099
>yo
>go do it
>WHO WITH?
>the girls with the huge tit
>yeah

I'm fucking dying
>>
Lil Dicky

Literally reddit: the rapper
>>
>>60531826
He is wearing jorts
>>
File: 1447814760524s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1447814760524s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
Literally half the guys in my audio engineering course. The other half are metalheads. Really not enjoying having to listen to their original material.
>>
>>60531826
he's cute desu
would plow
>>
>>60532175

Blues/Rock -> Remember
>>
File: 1439961750046.jpg (913 KB, 1600x5032) Image search: [Google]
1439961750046.jpg
913 KB, 1600x5032
>>60533013
you should look at this picture
>>
I would put my p*nis in the twink in the OP pic.

>>60537620
I bet your bandcamp indie / electronic music is much better though. :^)
>>
cute boys can get away with anything and honestly black people aren't even cool anymore
>>
>>60537799
is that true? i didnt know that
>>
>>60537799

100% correct
>>
>>60537687
>bill evans
nice
>>
>all those Stormniggers itt

>>60536973

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uzxhbX7FqM
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXIKf2jxbgo
This is disgusting af 2bh
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.