[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tame Impala
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17 KB, 225x225
I think they're boring and repetitive. For those of you who like them, what do you like about them? I don't get it.
>>
The catchy melodies present throughout all of their albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgK_Er7WZVg

The second half of this song, when the vocal harmony, main guitar riff, and bass converge sounds really nice.
>>
It is pretty repetitive, but the way a lot of the songs work is they have like a vamp or whatever and they kind of add stuff to it, and I think it's a pretty cool effect. I also like most of the lyrics even though there pretty hard to hear a lot of the time
>>
The first album was dope but they've been getting progressively more watered-down and boring desu senpai
>>
>>60531490
Good melodies and textures. Songwriting's easy to understand and appreciate. Their jams are also some of the most colorful I've ever heard from a psych band.
>>
>>60531490
Their latest album was disappointing. I just enjoy their take on modern psychedelic rock, despite there being nothing too complex about their sound. Have you listened to Innerspeaker? Runway, Houses, City Clouds could hardly be described as boring.
>>
>>60531490
I actually felt that way until I listen to Currents. As they progress in sound they grow a lot for me at least.
>>
I just don't get them.

At all.
>>
i'm not gonna argue Currents with you, cause I found it boring and repetitive as well. Try their other albums though, much better.
>>
>>60531490
I can't answer your question because I feel the same way you do and am hoping to find out from other anons what they get out of Tame Impala's music.
>>
>>60531744
This

Although a few songs on currents (less I know the better, let it happen) are easily among their best
>>
because
https://youtu.be/a-XPAfXo1Cs?t=1804
>>
Every album they've ever made sounds like they played mezzoforte the entire time. My first time listening to Innerpeaker, I remembered almost nothing about it after I finished.
>>
They're catchy. Is it really that hard to understand?
>>
If we're gonna have a tame impala thread what's everyone's favorite live show? Personally I listen to Beacon Theatre '14 and Massey hall' 15 a lot but I haven't really listened to many others
>>
I personally think they and when I mean they, I mean Kevin, changed their style because the felt the needed to change. the result of that is over filtered, over layered, over hyped, and over produced garbage. Currents had no character, nothing to take away, to reflect on. It seemed like a lousy attempt at a concept album that had no fluid transitions or any clear idea where the structure of the album was heading. The album, half way through, seemed to flat line and get mediocre. I had to hold myself up to finish the album. The new album is terrible
>>
>>60533986
>not singing along to all the love ballads

I can see how people could think his singing is too nasally but you have to admit the the album was at least a cool concept and if they just simple made lonerism 2 everyone would have complained that it was too similar
>>
Good vocal and instrument hooks with punchy and immersive production
>>
I like their debut album but that's it.
>>
>>60531744
>I just enjoy their take on modern psychedelic rock

This. Kevin should stick to what he knows
>>
One of my favourite bands, one of the best albums of 2015 for me. Saw them live in Sydney a few weeks ago. At first they had an awesome modern take on psychedelic rock that I loved, catchy bass lines and dirty guitar riffs.

Currents they totally changed their sound up and a lot of people aren't too happy about it, personally I welcome the change. Currents has some of the most crisp production on any album I've heard. It's about the the subtleties - like the pauses and clicks in eventually, the changes of pace like in 'The Less I know the better.'

At the end of the day everyone has their own taste and i'm a big fan of Kevin's work. I really connect with the lyrics and think he is one of the greats of this generation. Just my opinion. Also I took a lot of acid when I saw them live and almost lost my mind, 10/10 experience.
>>
>>60531744
Thank god I'm not the only one. Album is 7/10 and not better than Lonerism IMO. Their EP, Innerspeaker, and Lonerism will always be better than currents.
Lonerism> Innerspeaker > Antares, Mira, Sun >Currents.
>>
>people rag on the THAT'S BULLSHIT THEY DO lyric
>rest of the song is composed of the worst rhymed couplets ever
that line is bad but it isn't as aggressively bad as the rest of that song holy shit
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.