[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New David Bowie Single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 15
File: David%20Bowie[1].jpg (53 KB, 314x448) Image search: [Google]
David%20Bowie[1].jpg
53 KB, 314x448
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszLwBaC4Sw
What does /mu/ think about it?
>>
you're quite late friendo, there was already a long discussion about it yesterday
>>
/archive/
>>
Wow I fucked up
>>60528975
>>60528868
Thank senpai
>>
File: leblackstarmane.jpg (66 KB, 565x554) Image search: [Google]
leblackstarmane.jpg
66 KB, 565x554
>>
File: bowie 420.png (2 MB, 1253x885) Image search: [Google]
bowie 420.png
2 MB, 1253x885
>>
File: 1447998773161.jpg (159 KB, 565x554) Image search: [Google]
1447998773161.jpg
159 KB, 565x554
>>
File: CUTzeDuVAAA9Z67.png (146 KB, 387x387) Image search: [Google]
CUTzeDuVAAA9Z67.png
146 KB, 387x387
when u bust a nut and she keep sucking
>>
Kinda reminds me of Coil. Is that weird?
>>
pretty cool but if this isn't the worst song on the album then he can kiss aoty goodbye
>>
>>60530805
i thought the same thing. It was that occult vibe, and that exotic sounding motif that gets revisited at the end of the song sounds like something they'd do.
>>
>>60528840
why does his hair look so good?
>>
It's pretentious artsy bullshit that no one would care about if David Bowie's name wasn't attached to it.
>>
>>60531238
>pretentious
>artsy
spot the pleb
>>
Best album this decade, by anyone.
>>
Got my hopes up it was another single

not cool fahm
>>
>>60532374
huh?

you mean that its just a new video? especially since the album hasnt come out yet, whats the difference?
>>
File: Capture.png (14 KB, 529x75) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14 KB, 529x75
>David Bowie fans
>>
Could anyone else in the whole music scene release a ten minute avant-garde masterpiece as a single?
>>
File: before after 2.jpg (159 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
before after 2.jpg
159 KB, 500x500
>>
>>60532464
>Human Sadness
>>
mfw i still picture him as 80s bowie so i was like damn hes old
>>
blackstar more like five stars amirite aoty
>>
>tfw nearly 70 and putting out the best album this century, then going home to nail my supermodel wife
>>
>>60533264
>going home to nail my supermodel wife
more like tappin' that sweet black's star amirite?
>>
>>60533359
>>
>im a blackstar

What did he mean by this?
>>
I downloaded the Bowie discography. Now i have like a thousand Bowie albums and dont know where to start.

Are there albums that are total shit that i can delete?
>>
>inb4 the album doesn't live up to this single in any way shape or form
>>
Bowie has aged gracefully.
>>
File: imabowie.jpg (116 KB, 500x689) Image search: [Google]
imabowie.jpg
116 KB, 500x689
>>60533478
>>
>>60533490

Just listen to them all and decide for yourself.
>>
>>60532464
Scott Walker?
>>
>>60533570
i wonder if he smells the pus
>>
File: aaron.png (37 KB, 833x195) Image search: [Google]
aaron.png
37 KB, 833x195
check out what our boy aaron's been up to!!!
>>
File: vevo.gif (2 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
vevo.gif
2 KB, 250x250
love Bowie, hate Vevo
>>
>>60533771

I dunno, used listentoyoutube to convert it and got a decent mp3 out of it. I'll buy the single of course when I get to the record store.
>>
Does Bowie have to be careful around bright lights because of his left eye?
>>
>>60533857

Didn't his eye get stabbed off a Bowie knife which is how he got his name?
>>
I really like it and I have to admit that I am also happy how much love the single gets on /mu/.
>>
>>60534028
It did, but he got his name from using the same Bowie knife that stabbed his eye to cut one out of his attacker and take it as a replacement.
>>
>>60534458
Fanboys will eat anything up.

The song is mediocre, nothing interesting or new and if it was by a nobody, wouldn't have got any attention here at all.
>>
>>60534486
his single last year Sue was very awesome so I'm still kinda riding that wave
>>
>>60534028
>>60534483
>"David Bowie has a condition called anisocoria, which is the medical term for unequal pupils. In 1962, aged 14, he got punched in the eye by his schoolfriend George Underwood, during an argument over a girl named Carol Goldsmith. George’s fingernail caught David’s eye and dislodged something. David was admitted to Farnborough Hospital, where it was found that the sphincter muscles of his left eye were badly torn and he underwent two eye operations. He has an enlarged pupil that remains permanently open, giving them an unusual appearance."
>>
>>60534486
>if it was by a nobody, wouldn't have got any attention here at all

It wouldn't get THAT much attention but the mixture of minimalistic electronic, free jazz, trip hop and some kind of pop chanson in the middle is pretty ambitious on its own.

The really well made music video would gain a lot of interest, though, at least amog those who are still into video art.
>>
>>60534524
The video was more interesting than the song.
>>
>>60534532
Yeah that's what I was trying to say.

Is the fallen astronaut a Major Tom reference maybe?
>>
>>60528840
It's on par with 1. Outside. He's being experimental and it works. Every album after his 80s popstar albums has tryed to recapture the artistic merit of his 70s discography. Some are good some are meh.

I like it but I would rather listen to his songs from the cancelled Ziggy 2002 project.
>>
>>60534515

Thanks capt. autism.
>>
>>60532534
tru
>>
did anyone pre order the album and would like to share the single?
>>
parts of it sounded like amnesiac and tkol era radiohead to me
radiohead is shit
song is shit
>>
Most interesting song I've heard for a few years. 3deep9plen.
>>
The genius of this song is in how elicits enjoyment in fans and patricians, is a love letter to some of his favourite music, and also targeted directly to butthurt fags like pitchfork readers. Incredible.
>>
>>60534547
Yea, probably a final farewell to Maj. Tom.
>>
>>60537165
Really loving the middle section with the preacher.
>>
>>60532464
David Sylvian
John Foxx
>>
>>60534486
>The song is mediocre, nothing interesting or new and if it was by a nobody
This song is above the level of quality someone like Iamamiwhoami released early in her career, so of course this would get attention if that bitch could.
>>
>>60538277
it does sound like bowie heard some david sylvian and was like "i wanna do something like that"
>>
>>60534486
Please, I'm 100% serious. I want more like this on the same level, please respond senpai.
>>
David Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art. All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena (just like Coca Cola and Barbie before them); however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own. With Bowie the science of marketing becomes art; art and marketing become one. There were intellectuals who had proclaimed this theory in rebellious terms. Bowie was, in many ways, the heir, no matter how perverted, of Andy Warhol's pop art and of the underground culture of the 1960s. He adopted some of the most blaspheme issues and turned them upside down to make them precisely what they had been designed to fight: a commodity.
Bowie was a protagonist of his times, although a poor musician: to say that Bowie is a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player (a fact that is technically true, but misleading). Bowie embodies the quintessence of artificial art, raises futulity to paradigm, focuses on the phenomenon rather than the content, makes irrelevant the relevant, and, thus, is the epitome of everything that went wrong with rock music.
>>
>>60534486
I Agree
the music itself is mediocre
it's the video that gathers some value on it.
Just like lady gaga, music for the eyes.
>>
>>60528840
album version needs to start at the 4 minute mark desu
>>
>>60534486
FAG
>>
>>60533490
Pin-Ups
Self Titled
Tonight
Never Let Me Down
>>
File: gg miley.jpg (203 KB, 750x953) Image search: [Google]
gg miley.jpg
203 KB, 750x953
At first listen, I quit after a minute.. Then I listened through the whole thing and now I think it's some of best shit in years. Bettah than whatever this bitch is doing that's for sure
>>
David Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art. All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena (just like Coca Cola and Barbie before them); however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own. With Bowie the science of marketing becomes art; art and marketing become one. There were intellectuals who had proclaimed this theory in rebellious terms. Bowie was, in many ways, the heir, no matter how perverted, of Andy Warhol's pop art and of the underground culture of the 1960s. He adopted some of the most blaspheme issues and turned them upside down to make them precisely what they had been designed to fight: a commodity.

Bowie was a protagonist of his times, although a poor musician: to say that Bowie is a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player (a fact that is technically true, but misleading). Bowie embodies the quintessence of artificial art, raises futulity to paradigm, focuses on the phenomenon rather than the content, makes irrelevant the relevant, and, thus, is the epitome of everything that went wrong with rock music.
>>
>>60528840
this sounds like david byrne
>>
>>60541337
Replace Tonight with Outside
>>
>>60528840
>What does /mu/ think about it?
It's already a forced meme here.
>>
>poptimist retards think this is avant garde
>>
>>60532534
tru
>>
This song honestly sucks cock, idk why you guys think its so good, and im usually into experimental.
>>
>>60545174

I'm sorry you feel that way.
>>
>>60528840
So what's going on with this sequence?
>closeup of Bowie's eyes and the alien girl's eyes
>she does some bizarre motion with her legs, then winks
So they're communicating telepathically, but what is she saying to him? What does that dance mean?
>>
>>60545716
up to you
>>
File: cal.gif (830 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
cal.gif
830 KB, 310x310
when I thought the song sucked everyone was jizzing their pants over it, now that I've warmed up to it hating it is the trend
>>
>>60541345
>At first listen, I quit after a minute
What the fuck is wrong with you. Why are you even on the music board?
>>
>>60545716
m8 it's possessed ziggy
>>
>>60541345
"I'm not a black star. I'm a not a pop star."
kek
>>
>>60547377
"Ima black star"
Fucked up again
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 480x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 480x628
>>60533713
Bowie is boring "music" for people who don't like music
>>
>>60533713
c r i n g e
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.