[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adrenaline and Around The Fur are the only Nu-metal albums I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
Adrenaline and Around The Fur are the only Nu-metal albums I can listen without cringing.
>>
Thats a fair assessment.

You may also like vision of disorders self titled album.
>>
>>60526586
I really don't consider any Deftones albums to even be Nu Metal. I just consider it alternative metal.
>>
>>60526657
you are free to be as wrong as you want to be
>>
>>60526586
You're right. I can listen to [almost] anything by Deftones, but it pretty much ends there. I might listen to some Korn from time to time, but a lot of their songs makes me feel like they're written for 12-year-old emoes.
>>
>>60526657
I agree, I think. At least not their last couple of albums.
>>
>>60526586

i dunno man but i sure did jack it to that album cover when i was 13-14
>>
>>60526681
But they are, honestly
>>
>>60526586
Hurt were okay
>>
File: mudvayne-ld-50.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mudvayne-ld-50.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
>what is L.D. 50

dat bass
>>
Holy this thread is filled with plebs.

Only Deftones first two albums can be considered nu-metal. Since White Pony (including) they've been flirting way too much with dream-pop and other sounds, so it's more aproppriate to call them alternative-metal.

Also OP, there are plenty of great nu-metal gems, like in every genre, you're just ignorant.
>>
>>60526884
Please, do list them to me. I'll appreciate listening to them.
>>
>>60526671
they really don't sound anything like Nu Metal. Sorry
>>
First two System of a Down albums were solid.

I would consider the first 2 Deftones albums nu-metal. White Pony and onward seemed to have a shoegaze-influenced aesthetic, defiantly not nu-metal.
>>
>>60526884
>>60527051
I too would like a list.
>>
>>60527051
Flapjack is one of them. It's not that hard to find others, go do some research.
>>
First two Korn albums are awesome, First two system albums are awesome
First two Slipknot albums are pretty good

I mean metal as a whole is cringey IMO yet we single out Nu metal. Metalcore is no better than Nu metal.
>>
First SOAD album is a classic as well.
>>
File: Slipknot.jpg (45 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Slipknot.jpg
45 KB, 300x300
Is this even nu metal? I've never been able to find anything in the genre that was quite as heavy.
>>
>>60526657
>>60527087
You have clearly never listened to Adrenaline or Around the Fur if you think they're not Nu-Metal.

No need to apologize for being wrong.
>>
File: cover.jpg (74 KB, 497x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
74 KB, 497x500
Best album right here though
>>
>>60528595
that's not chocolate starfish and the hot dog flavored water
>>
>>60528595
>not Three Dollar Bill Ya'll
come the fuck on m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSSHy63-hsI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hz4GSCc5yQ
>dat breakdown
>>
>>60528595
Is that the album with the krautrock song on it?

>>60526657
The first 2 records were definitely nu-metal senpai
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.