[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or has most early rap aged horribly? Pic related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: rappersdelight.jpg (133 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
rappersdelight.jpg
133 KB, 1024x1024
Is it just me or has most early rap aged horribly? Pic related.
>>
File: grandmaster-flash-the-message.jpg (168 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
grandmaster-flash-the-message.jpg
168 KB, 900x900
>implying
>>
>>60525935
>says furious five
>there's six
>>
>>60525966
Obviously one of them is a mellow dude and not furious in the slightest.
>>
>>60525935
I don't like Grandmaster Flash, including the song The Message.
>>
Most hip-hop ages terribly.
>>
>>60526093

Whether you like the song = How the song stacks up to current hip-hop
>>
Fuck you man
>>
Rappers delight is fucking terrible. It's really more of a novelty hit. Just like most early (UK) punk rock looked and sounded kinda lame, so did early hip hop.
>>
Yeah birth of rap fucking sucks. By all means celebrate the fact that it led on to bigger and better things, but personally it is out dated, doesn't stack up to other genres in their birth years (mutually exclusive yes I know) and has lame content.
>>
>>60525935

>one good song
>>
>>60525738
Fuck you, that song is fun as fuck.
>>
Honestly, theses songs are not bad (the message being one of my favorite song of all time). Honestly, out of all the early hip hop records, the message seems to be one of the best ages one.
>>
>>60525935
Grandmaster Flash is probaly the only rap from that era that aged well, try going through the Trax catalog sometime and listening to shit like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ys9qnrYNds
>>
File: fedora guy.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fedora guy.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>muh aged well
>in any genre
Literally pleb
>>
>>60527721
>using the term pleb
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.