[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>On Tuesday night, Mark Kozelek played a show in Lincoln,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: GettyImages-487985772-640x426.jpg (67 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-487985772-640x426.jpg
67 KB, 640x426
>On Tuesday night, Mark Kozelek played a show in Lincoln, Nebraska to under 25 people, The Daily Nebraskan reports, who reviewed the concert as “more like a friendly house party than a show, with Kozelek as the crowd’s host and primary entertainer.” The venue, the Vega, has a capacity of approximately 400 — “Whether it’s a sold out show for 350 or an intimate gathering of 25, our goal is to provide you with an experience that is fun, memorable, and affordable,” their website states.

>As with any Mark Kozelek show, it does seem to have been memorable. After telling the audience that the place was packed when he performed there last year and saying that “There was a four-hour delay for my flight in Denver today. It’s been a long day, and I’m tired so I’m just gonna go ahead and do whatever the **** I want,” Kozelek opened the show with an a cappella rendition of “Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire.” Before performing “The Possum” off of his most recent album, Universal Themes, he said, “This next song is off a really good album and that’s according to everybody but Pitchfork, who apparently found out that I’m a bad person.” He followed that up by playing Benji’s “I Can’t Live Without My Mother’s Love,” remarking, “Now this song is off a really, really, really, really good album according to Pitchfork. But that was before they found out I was a bad person.”

>According to The Daily Nebraskan, “Laughter wasn’t uncommon during the show, and Kozelek often poked fun at the primarily male audience saying he missed the days when girls actually came to his shows and then he asked several members of the crowd where their girlfriends were at.”

JUST
>>
>pitchfork ruined his career
when will people stop caring about that shitty website
>>
>Marky Mark is this butthurt about p4l
hmm okay then
>>
Man, what a bro. Wish I was there.
>>
Wish i attended shows like that
>>
fucking laura daddy issues snipes ruined his career cause he dissed her when she wanted to give him an interview
>>
File: justfuckmycareerup.jpg (119 KB, 690x869) Image search: [Google]
justfuckmycareerup.jpg
119 KB, 690x869
>>60519808
don't cry mark i still love you 4 ever (no homo tho)
>>
>primarily male audience saying he missed the days when girls actually came to his shows and then he asked several members of the crowd where their girlfriends were at.

He's done this at every show and it's kind of cringy after you've seen it for the third night in a row. He has like a part-time stand up comedy routine.
>>
>>60520175
Looks like someone outta dr Seuss lmao
>>
>>60520182
a lot of musicians have a "funny" sentence or two they repeat at every show
>>
File: 12d49e5049.jpg (125 KB, 555x415) Image search: [Google]
12d49e5049.jpg
125 KB, 555x415
>>60520198
looks kinda like this tbqh
>>
>>60519869
maybe he ruined his own career. respecting women and people of other races shoiuld be expected of everyone when someone doesnt they dont deserve support.

it makes me sad that i related so much to him on the early rhp records when i was in my early teens. now i feel disgusted that i could have anything in common with this man
>>
literally who
>>
>>60520280
Making fun of one woman in a rather mean spirited way doesn't necessarily mean he's racist or sexist. It just means he can be a bit of an ass.
>>
>>60520280
Grow some balls okay kiddo?
>>
>>60520280
#safespace
>>
i really liked his latest album so if he ever comes to northern europe again i'll definitely see him and fuck pitchfork
>>
I respect Mark Kozelek because he's made several truly excellent albums
>>
>>60520272
HAR HAR, Mickey!
>>
lol panera bread
>>
>>60520280
He told off one woman who criticized him. Female or not the person deserved it, but it's easy to play the victim
>>
He was supposed to play the Sons of Hermann Hall in Dallas tonight but his slot got filled by someone else. Then I heard the Granada booked him, but he's not on their calendar, so I'm assuming the show's been canceled. I'll definitely come the next chance I get though.
>>
>>60520280
just from reading the guardian article that laura snapes wrote i can tell that he was frustrated from her contacting him and his associate constantly, and he was clearly taking the piss with everything he was saying. it's not necessarily because she was a woman, he's just kind of a dick about a lot of things.
>>
>>60520280
stop putting people on a pedestal. really, artists are just human beings. the music is what matters.
>>
>>60519808
>spotlight shines on you
>mark kozelek asks you where your girlfriend is
>tells you that the venue has a no singles policy
what do
>>
>>60520737
he was mainly being self ironic about his midlife crisis, laura snapes just happened to be there as a tool for his jokes. yes kozelek maybe a dick but let's be real here
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.