[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me how rap has sort of invaded the mentality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1381175993_EAZY-E-psd9222.png (163 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
1381175993_EAZY-E-psd9222.png
163 KB, 400x392
Can someone explain to me how rap has sort of invaded the mentality of everyone in this day and age? I'm not in high school anymore, I'm like 21. I still encounter the same problem though. I think it's the chicken and the egg dilemma. I still hear people that have that sort of hip hop accent, in people of all ethnicities. The problem is that I have never liked hip hop and I have always felt like the people who have this accent and seem drawn to hip hop music always seem to be sort of insufferable. They don't share the same values and I feel disenfranchised from a lot of my peers that I've grown up with. I don't really know how else to put it but, I've grown to hate these hip hop people.
>>
euphoric
>>
>>60519135
kind of troubled, actually.
>>
Black people are cool. white people want to be like them
>>
America is the superpower
*Negros make >tfw music
>Spirituals
>Gospel
>Blues
>Jazz
>Rag Time
>Country
>Rock & Roll
>R&B
>House
>Hip Hop

Being held down in the greatest empire ever, has it's advantages.
>>
>>60519189
>Spirituals
I don't care
>Gospel
fucking disgusting
>Blues
I care 0
>Jazz
it's mostly boring, but alright on occasion
>Rag Time
wtf
>Country
fuck no
>Rock & Roll
it's trash
>R&B
it's fucking abject garbage
>House
idk
>Hip Hop
"omg growing up in the hood is hard and I had no positive role models growing up so now I'm not a respectable human being and that makes me so coooooooool"
>>
It's hilarious that people say that black people are responsible for all the best music. I have about 2390 artists in my foobar, I can't think of a single good band that's all black musicians. Not that it really matters, because all you're doing is trying to make generalizations about music so that rap music seems "le so much more respectable because le so far ahead of everyone else". It's GARBAGE.
>>
Not sure I agree with OP, but, I also cannot stand hip-hop/rap culture.
It wouldn't be so bad, if the artists and fans weren't so shitty.

"yo man, you hurr that new Kendrick album? dat shits da fiyah!"
"Yeah, I've heard it. Not a hip-hop head, but I dig it. I'm more into experimental shit right now. I'm pretty white in case you can't tell."
"Ayy man, dat shits for pussy ass niggas. Is yous a pussy ass bitch?"

He's half mexican, half white. What is wrong with you people.
>>
>>60519169
This is not objective but the media loves to exploit the white suck-ups with racial dysphoria. You can spot these people in the room when they arrive. Lots of people wish they were born as a different race. There is also a very weak milquetoast white culture from the suburbs. A lot of these kids see this black american culture that was oppressed for so long in past generations now being celebrated due to various reasons. They respect them. A lot of people find african americans sexy. I do. There are a lot of theories and facts about how they were selectively bred by slave owners to be muscular and endure whippings.

There was also a study that showed that white people believe black people have powers, magic, whatever you want to call it. I believe it is because they are athletically gifted, there music has been inspired by surviving oppression (The blues), and these black youths that are raised in majorly white environments have these expectations to meet. They also often have maturity from encountering alienation at young ages.

We've created this black best friend archetype in the past few decades. So lots of popularity craving white youths want one of their own. This almost guarantees popularity to most average black kids.

These hip-hop people you speak probably possess an insincere surface that either worships gang-violence or has a check-yr-privilege vibe (Like that kekold bitch, Lil Dicky).

I can appreciate hip-hop but most of the substance I can't relate to. I don't mind so I don't pursue it. Shallow people suck but we've all been one at certain times.
>>
>>60519504
That study was written about on Vice.
>>
>>60519377
bait
>>
Great thread truly
>>
>>60519169
t b h black people are the worse and we can clearly see that from the crime stats, murder stats, prison population and overall which race has greater people, so as i said black people are the worse but white people are the most insufferable pieces of shit, whites were not always that terrible but now they have just started sucking black peoples dicks and they have all became either crazy liberals or trump deluded crazies( t b h i dont know which is worse), i myself am a white person, just to clarify when i say black people make more crimes and white people are stupid shits i clearly do not mean all
>>
>>60520904
im black and i agree with you
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.