[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mug/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: patience is a virtue.gif (196 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
patience is a virtue.gif
196 KB, 500x270
We need a music general board. There's just too many generals on here at the moment that don't get the attention they deserve. Smaller generals like /drone/ and sometimes /noise/ just get pushed off the board too fast before the threads can gain any kind of traction. It would also give a more permanent home to more prominent generals like /metal/ and /kpop/. Threads like these are also bumped so much they're almost always on the front page. Having a /mu/ general board would do nothing but good here. I've tossed the idea around in a few threads and other anons seem to be up for it. So now the question lies, how do we get this made?
>>
bump for support
>>
>>60518407
Generals are cancer, all of you should kill yourselves
>>
>>60518407
good idea anon
not sure how you could achieve that though
>>
>>60518407
>moving the only decent threads on /mu/ to a different board
Dumb weeaboo
>>
>>60518426
Ty anon.
>>60518428
If you think generals are cancer then you should be happy about this with /mug/ so we can get all of these generals the fuck off this board and open it up more. Just a thought.
>>
>>60518428
This
>>
>>60518428
>>60518454
The only people against generals are meme forcing shitposters
>>
>>60518407
absolutely this
make it happen, chinese moot
>>
the only time music is talked about on the music board is in generals.
This is the most perfect idea ever
>>
>>60518407
dumb weeaboo
>>
>>60518428
Yeah, how dare they actually discuss music, /mu/ is only for memes and frogs, amirite?
>>
Not a bad idea at all.

So, how does one contact the asian m00t?
Or at least a mod?
>>
Everybody should also consider that every general is almost like a small containment board. In theory this could lead to us creating generals for anything and everything. Hell, we could have a War Metal general and a Waifu general. Giving shitposters a place to go where they can be with like minded individuals would again just be great for everyone. When an album blows up (this happens a few times a year, IE: Death Grips, Kendrick, Jamie xx, Young Thug ect..) they could just go to their containment thread instead of flooding the catalog with the same thread over and over that might get anywhere from 6-100 replies. But not warranting its own thread itself.
>>
The only thing generals do is reddify and ruin boards

see: /sp/ and /int/
>>
>>60518448
i'd imagine that would be a better option. the shitposting can be fun but man, it gets tiring after a while

i can get behind a /mug/. how would it happen though?
>>
I hope this idea never happens
>>
Come on guys does anyone know any mod emails? That's all we really need. Just some contact info and a few anons to show support. Anybody still there?
>>
>>60518581
Go back to reddit you circle-jerking fuck

Why do you cuntrags even come to 4chan, you hate everything that makes it worthwhile
>>
>>60518821
Because trekking through shitposts by angry 17 year olds like yourself gets old sometimes and we just want to see the good stuff. That's why.
>>
>>60518863
>I only want to see the stuff that's upvoted
You've literally just described reddit, go back there
>>
>>60518875
>I didn't say that
I said i'm tired of seeing simple minded faggots who can barely form a sentence regurgitate buzzwords (kinda like what you're doing).
>>
>>60518926
And I'm tired of seeing people just make the exact same posts over and over for years. I'm getting too old for this shit, I want to still enjoy my free time. Making generals ruins any board, it always has and it always will. It turns them into a place of stale repetition rather than a new adventure every day. You people are all the same and your generals are all the same. Stop trying to ruin a good site (in theory) by turning it into just another well of meaninglessness.
>>
>>60518428
>Generals are cancer

Does anyone seriously believe this
>>
>>60519034
That's the point, my man. If we got a general board we could take all the generals off /mu/ and leave more room open for the threads you like on this board. Its a win win situation.
>>
>>60519069
The problem is it then attracts more people who like generals to this site (as it has already been doing because of other boards) and eventually that's all this place will be.

If you give a mouse a cookie...
>>
>>60518428
only redditors trying to fit in hate generals 2bh
>>
>>60519141
>says the guy imitating an account so he can get upvotes
I hope you're at least doing this ironically.
>>
>>60519165
redditors trying to fit in hate trips too btw
>>
Why don't we give a every board a general board just in case?
>>
>>60519109
Well this would be true if everyone and their fucking grandma didn't know about 4chan. That would make no difference to the sites traffic and inflow of newfags. When Gawker and NORP yters are making "top 10 4chan thread" clickbait articles/videos you know its done, this ain't some secret club and it hasn't been for a majority of this sites lifespan.

>>60519219
Because not every board needs a general variation.
>>
>>60519299
That's not the point, I'm not saying it should be a secret club. I'm saying people should come here because they like the potential a place like this can have, not because they want to change it. People who want to make this place what it shouldn't be should be rejected. It's probably too late at this point though. I guess it was always too late.
>>
>>60519034
Fuck you, if you actually cared you'd know that it's always worked best leaving the boards as is. The whole "anarchy" is made anarchic with the music discussion and the shitposting blending in with each other. You have zero right to say any of it should be changed.
>>
>>60519487
Maybe you have poor reading comprehension or replied to the wrong post. But generals eliminate the blend which is why they are so awful.
>>
>>60519557
That's not the point. Getting rid of generals and just having litter posts everywhere is even worse. Generals come as a result of 4chan's whole system being the way it is, left up to the choice of anonymous users. That, and /mu/ is too small for there to be a /mug/ in the same way /v/ got /vg/.
>>
>>60518407

Noise generals hit bump limit every time
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.