[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the album that got you into music? And when was it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6
File: 1448056946115.jpg (168 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1448056946115.jpg
168 KB, 900x600
What's the album that got you into music? And when was it?
Mine is pic related, it was around the time when it was released (2003)
>>
>>60516848

> being into music

kek
>>
>>60516848
great album t b h
>>
File: AIC_Unplugged.jpg (27 KB, 336x336) Image search: [Google]
AIC_Unplugged.jpg
27 KB, 336x336
>>60516848
2003 or so. My dad had a huge cd collection and I decided to start at A.
>>
File: skin_4_lyfe.jpg (90 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
skin_4_lyfe.jpg
90 KB, 306x306
>>60516848
great album.. it had the indie, it got girls into you, everything about it was a perfect entrylevel music jump..

for me, it was Metallica's Master of Puppets in 1997 when I was a little kid. but "music" music, like talking to people about it besides my Quake-playing best friend? i'd say Queens of the Stone Age's Songs for the Deaf.
>>
>>
>>60516848
Not so much any particular album, but an artist, The Beatles, was what got me into music. That was around late 2009 or early 2010, which was grade 9 for me.
>>
Probably a Motown compilation, the first album I can remember affecting me profoundly was The Times - This Is London. Musically it was fairly minimal British post-punk/new wave and nothing to write home about, but there was a thread running through it (continued in later albums) which intrigued me, it sounded like it was made by people who might be a bit like me, emulating it seemed achievable.

My tastes... Matured... soon after but I still love to listen to it late at night with a beer and just sometimes when I do, I'm 14 again for a minute.
>>
File: bright_eyes_8.jpg (9 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
bright_eyes_8.jpg
9 KB, 236x200
oldfagthread, reporting in
>>
File: ZIQ259Starkey.jpg (262 KB, 1422x1412) Image search: [Google]
ZIQ259Starkey.jpg
262 KB, 1422x1412
fucking this
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.