[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robbie Williams Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 205x246
Comment your opinions on Robbie Williams.
I know there are some mixed perspectives, especially in the U.S. where he is less known but I want people's honest opinions on this.

If you are a fan, you can vote for your favourite RW song on this ranker list: http://www.ranker.com/list/robbie-williams-songs-best-to-worst/hamzee
>>
>>60512081
Don't really have any strong opinion on him but what the hell happened in the music video to Rock DJ
>>
>>60512081
christ he's annoying

thank god his career's dead
>>
File: tumblr_mcrkwxImNX1r0jd3uo1_500.gif (942 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcrkwxImNX1r0jd3uo1_500.gif
942 KB, 500x374
>>60512095
I think that was just Robbie trying to be controversial.

Isn't that how people get noticed in the music industry these days? (e.g. Miley Cyrus)
>>
I like him. I think as throwaway pop bangers go, he writes pretty good ones. Not heard anything from him since Escapology though.
>>
>>60512144
That was way back in 2002!

Try listening to 'She's Madonna' and 'Bodies'. They are finer examples of his later work (if you can call mid to late 2000s later work)
>>
>>60512112
I wouldn't say that just yet . .
>>
"it's only us" was dope
>>
>>60512829
Would that be because it was in FIFA 2000 per chance?
>>
I don't like him but I know a bunch of his songs off by heart. This happens when you are a Bong.
>>
>>60512081
He's a good dude who used to make really good pop songs.
His collab' with Guy Chambers helped him explode in the charts with great songs like Angels, Let Me Entertain You, The Road to Mandalay, etc.

Then he kinda fucked himself up trying new things like Rudebox but it panned hard, I feel like he never really managed to get throught that failure. Even with his latest singles that were released but not too officially (he even sold his last one of B-Tapes on his website).

Anyway, now he plays soccer with Rivers Cuomo, has a wife and maybe a kid so he might be quite happy, but I'd like to see him come back nowadays...hoping he wouldn't lower himself to some electro-pop made for radio shit.

I didn't think I had so much too say.
>>
>>60512990
I think he made up for Rudebox with Reality Killed the Video Star. It had pretty good songs like 'Bodies' and 'You Know Me'.

At present, he has just finished another world tour so another album may be in the works soon.
>>
>>60513162
True.
Anyway, Rudebox really hurt his career, I'm not a big follower of his actuality, now that you said it, it's true that he was on a world tour, but I don't know, the guy isn't really exposed in the media anymore.

In some ways, that might not be a bad thing afterall, just living thanks to its fans and nothing more.

Also, it's funny to think that if he hadn't been a drug addict during Take That, he would probably have made some music with Oasis. I wonder how it would have had sounded.
>>
he never really tapped into the US market

he did well in the UK, Aus and NZ charts though... as well as the rest of europe im sure
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.