[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need more music like TOTBL in my life right now, lost my job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: interpolbrightlights.png (103 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
interpolbrightlights.png
103 KB, 658x658
Need more music like TOTBL in my life right now, lost my job and the girl I'm seeing wants to leave me for her female friend and my only other friend told me she wished I was her gay best friend despite knowing I still have a thing for her.

Please help.
>>
File: Silent-Alarm.jpg (52 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Silent-Alarm.jpg
52 KB, 1024x1024
Have you already tried their sophomore album album antics, I would also highly recommend antics by bloc party (although it might be weird to get used to the accent at first). Modest most provides music with a similar tone on a long drive and lonesome crowded west, but with a grittier rock sound and harder edged vocals.
>>
>>60511897
how drunk are you?
(I agree with what you wrote though)
>>
>>60511727
wait a Cpl months for my bands EP to come out . I used to listen to TOTBL in a stoned haze on a couch in the basement of a dank little house in my formative days so I assume theres gonna be some influence in what we bang out .some1 screencap this for interests sake. the EP is gonna be called "hleboppsicidepct"
>>
>>60511958
I'm sober as can be yo, what gave you the impression im drunk?
>>
oh yeah last minute recommendation of sun coming down by ought and veit cong's self titled release, sun coming down got those sad feelings your looking for mixed with some out there talking head'sish vocals, viet cong is a little more rough and the lyrics dont really apply to your situation but the guitar jams on there get me in the mindset your describing, and as a final note joy division the grandady's of post punk basically invented that feel your looking for if you dont mind a bit of a dated sound, post punk in general would be a good genre to check around for that type of stuff
>>
>>60511897
Despite how confusing this was to read, I agree with you.

Silent Alarm is a much better record than anything Interpol has ever made.

OP you might also like The National.
>>
>>60511897
oh god im a fucking retard SILENT ALARM by bloc party, fuck im stupid
>>
>>60511897
>>60512155

That was so moe bro.

OP try Chameleons, Sound, even TV on the Radio(their early records anyways).
>>
Have you already tried their sophomore album album antics, I would also highly recommend silent alarm by bloc party (although it might be weird to get used to the accent at first). Modest mouse provides music with a similar tone on a long drive and lonesome crowded west, but with a grittier rock sound and harder edged vocals. (spruced up my shitpost a little)
>>
>>60512189
>The Sound
this anon has amazing taste
>>
>>60511727
This album is for you. I love TOTBL but this is the mature release you listen to while drinking whiskey to no end.
>>
check out Echo & the Bunnymen OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWz0JC7afNQ
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.