[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QOTSA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 640x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 640x386
Best drummer? Joey Castillo. Prove me wrong fags.
>>
He's not DAVE "THE SAVIOUR OF FUCKING RAWK AND RAWL" GROHL
>>
>>60509729
Good point but he's still a fucking badass
>>
Which albums did Joey play on?
>>
Forget drummers, prove why Mark Lanegan isn't the best vocalist.

>>60510073
Everything after Songs for the Deaf
>>
>>60509695
Look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuqxVo2XLyI
>>
>>60510141
I liked all vocals on Songs for the Deaf but Mark's were my least favorite on that album
>>
>>60510176
Shut up, you're obviously delusional.
Lanegan needs to rejoin the band and take over lead vocals. I love his voice, but hate Screaming Trees.
>>
>>60510163
It goes without saying that Hill is an amazing drummer, but this is a QOTSA thread.

>>60510176
I like all the vocals myself, but I'm particularly fond of Mark's. I wish he was more present for Lullabies.

>>60510188
Screaming Trees are okay.
>>
Joey is much more technically interesting than Dave. Dave's groovy but it's all he's got going for him, his drummings are all the same.
>>
>>60510188
Don't get me wrong I wish Nick and Mark could rejoin but I really only like Mark when he's singing back up
>>
File: 32803-b2.jpg (681 KB, 1624x1062) Image search: [Google]
32803-b2.jpg
681 KB, 1624x1062
>>60509695
best drummer is Joey Castillo because Songs for the Deaf
>>
Songs for the Deaf bitch.
>>
>>60510494
>Songs for the Deaf
Dave is on that, not Joey.
>>
>>60510565
I just like the picture, think it's funny
>>
>>60510188
Lanegan is God
>>
>>60510163
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYPjdaUOwAg
>>
>>60510660
Agreed
>>
>>60510603
Didn't Nick kick the shit out of his GF or some other girl?
>>
File: qotsa2002wide[1].jpg (209 KB, 640x340) Image search: [Google]
qotsa2002wide[1].jpg
209 KB, 640x340
>>60510141
Joey shared the drumming duty with Dave on ...Like Clockwork. God-tier drummings on I Appear Missing, My God is the Sun are all Dave's.

Also pic related is best QOTSA lineup.
>>
>>60510707
Just because he beats women doesn't mean the guy isn't a good musician. But I don't know
>>
>>60510774
Agreed, best Qotsa line up
>>
>>60510778
Oh I'm not saying he's a bad musician. He's an excellent bassist and vocalist but he fucked himself with the coke and the abuse. GiVE ME TORO. GIVE ME SOME MORE.

You have to be professional though. Even if you are a rock and roller.
>>
>>60510842
Sad but true
>>
>>60510842
Yeah. I miss songs like Six Shooter though
>>
>>60510774
Troy is so freaking underrated. Josh is the best guitarist in the band but Troy is no slouch either.
>>
>>60510884
>this

Exactly right
>>
His timing was pretty off sometimes
>>
while Castillo was a pretty solid drummer, he was too fast. he sped up the entire QOTSA repertoire, obviously with Homme's approval but listen to any Castillo era live stuff vs. any other drummer's live stuff with QOTSA and you'll see Castillo was just up tempo for the band. Grohl was probably their best drummer since he was far more technically proficient than Castillo but he also has excellent tempo and pocket for the QOTSA stuff he played on. Their current drummer, the guy from Mars Volta, Theodore? is their 2nd best drummer. He's probably their most technically proficient drummer but he also has good tempo feel and doesn't speed through the songs. I saw QOTSA during their last tour on halloween, I saw Theodore fuck up more than I thought I would see such a pro drummer fuck up, I think during Song for the Dead he fucked up the tom fills and in another song he dropped his sticks, etc. I was surprised he wasn't as tight a player as I had seen prior, but still their 2nd best drummer. I'm surprised Grohl hasn't at least played a one-off show with QOTSA since 2002.
>>
Castillo was probably my favorite QOTSA drummer, his timing was off sometimes, but his live performances were mostly wild and provided a very cool contrast with some of the songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoiqBjIafpU
>>
Theodore is as good if not better than Dave live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj4QHC3Btns
>>
>>60513977
hopefully Theodore will appear on their next album
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.