[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this is her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: divers.jpg (320 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
divers.jpg
320 KB, 1200x1200
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this is her weakest album, but still has some of her best songs?
>>
>>60506712
From the point of view of Divers being her first album for me, my opinion is that it's a good 8/10 album, with, yeah a couple of my favourite songs this year. Waltz of the 101st Lightborne, Anecdotes, and Time, As a Symptom are all highlights. What's her best album in your opinion, cause I like her sound
>>
>>60506712
i mean that's fair, i guess you are right
>>
>>60506740
Ys, it was also arranged by Van Dyke Parks

>>60506712
Anything DJ Aaron Ellis touches is GOAT
>>
>>60506740
I say Ys, everyone else says Have One on Me. Both are leagues above Divers. Listen to both. Milk Eyed Mender is also 10/10.

Don't get me wrong though Divers is still a 9/10 for me, I'm very obsessed with everything she's ever done
>>
>>60506805
Ya I don't even know why I asked that to be honest, I'm so in love with her sound that I'm gonna be listening to everything anyway! Thanks though, I know where to start now
>>
File: joanna_newsom_gerald.jpg (227 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
joanna_newsom_gerald.jpg
227 KB, 1600x1067
If you want a peak of her lyrical genius, read this.

http://culturedarm.com/themes-and-references-in-joanna-newsoms-sapokanikan/

Dude totally takes apart Sapokanikan, there is so much more in there than you would think
>>
I honestly thought HOOM is her weakest just because a lot of the songs seemed filler-y to me

Also to whoever is going to inevitably post my OC in this thread, fuck you
>>
>>60506847
I know what you mean, but you're wrong

listen to it again
>>
File: jonew.jpg (3 MB, 2573x1709) Image search: [Google]
jonew.jpg
3 MB, 2573x1709
Why isn't this your wallpaper?
>>
C'mon you guys are usually good for Joanna discussion
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 800x805) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 800x805
>>
File: da finga.jpg (80 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
da finga.jpg
80 KB, 800x800
>>60507081
>>
>>60507081
nice meme friendo xDDDDDDd
dd
>>
Divers > MEM
>>
>>60506712
Hmm, I disagree. I think it's better than Milk Eyed but yeah probably slightly weaker than everything else in her discog. Not saying much, it's still a really good album.
>>
>>60506712
no
>>
>>60506932
why isn't this an ad for prenatal euthanasia
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.